Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clearly that doesn’t apply here since they were all looking for a missing woman who supposedly went on a bike ride.

Not the part about exigent circumstances, no. However, the point is that evidence can and does get mishandled. That doesn't mean that in this case it was mishandled, but -- IMHO -- the possibility thereof should never be dismissed.

Why could you hear a PIN DROP in Chaffee County?
Suzanne's family must be going out of their minds!
Anyone in Salida see Suzanne at Church that Sunday? has ANYTHING been confirmed around the last definite sighting / contact with Suzanne? What was the point of the door knock a week or so ago? anything being released about that? anyone get asked any questions? what were they? is this just a complete balls up, or is something so cocamamie fishy going on that it would boggle the mind?

LE is mum in this case. This tells me a stranger didn’t cause SM’s disappearance, someone known to her did.

You make an excellent point. If innvestigators suspected a stranger -- & believed that further abductions were possible -- they would reasonably be expected to issue some sort of warning. The fact that they haven't leads me to believe that investigators think that a stranger is not involved.

From what I can glean, very few friends have spoken about SM and BM. A member of their Church has spoken out. He describes SM “as having “kind eyes,” he said that “Suzanne is very well-liked, as others who know her have said”. He describes BM as “more standoffish“. My take on this is that there may have been tension between them, which they covered up in front of people.

‘They can’t find her’: Message to church group shows desperate plea in early days of search for missing Colorado mom Suzanne Morphew [REPORT]

Last edited:
Anyone in Salida see Suzanne at Church that Sunday? has ANYTHING been confirmed around the last definite sighting / contact with Suzanne? What was the point of the door knock a week or so ago? anything being released about that? anyone get asked any questions? what were they? is this just a complete balls up, or is something so cocamamie fishy going on that it would boggle the mind?
Just picking up on the mention of the church ..... do we know what denomination, the name of the church, per chance? Street-viewing now, cruising around Hwy 285 ....... looks like you can come home from shops a back way, passed a church called Cross Roads, probably not it though. Sorry if it's been mentioned before, haven't caught up on all the threads at this point. Maybe there's some kind of link with the church, a parishioner, who knows ........

I assumed that BM sent the email to the Church regarding the lion attack. This article suggests that BM did not send the email to the Church. Who did? Why try to sell the implausible theory that the the lion attacked her (with out a trace of evidence and picked her cleanly and made her disappear).

“CrimeOnline has viewed a message that was sent to members of the Morphew’s former church in Indiana, requesting prayers following the news of her disappearance.

The message notes that Morphew’s bike was found “crashed,” and mentions that a mountain lion had been seen in the area where the bike was discovered.

Barry is just beside himself and so are the rest of us because they can’t find her,” the message, sent on May 11, reads in part.

‘They can’t find her’: Message to church group shows desperate plea in early days of search for missing Colorado mom Suzanne Morphew [REPORT]

Chaffee County Sheriff John Spezze said during the first week of the search that investigators believed it was unlikely Morphew was the victim of an animal attack.

I know. It's crazy. Family is suppose to be quiet to boot. WHAT is happening? Poor Suzanne.

All churches in Colorado were closed due to COVID 19 restrictions. All five churches in Salida held virtual services starting at 11:00 am. IMO
Home | Salida Vineyard Church
Grace Church Salida
First Presbyterian Church
Salida Upper Room Church of God Colorado.Family ministry. Word of God.
St. Joseph Catholic Church - Salida, Colorado

I hesitate to judge someone’s entire life on several comments made in these few interviews. Do we know the transcriptions are verbatim, word for word? Do we know the reporter didn’t ask leading questions to elicit the answer they wanted? Do we know of more than one display of temper? 52 yrs old. Perhaps the other party had a more extensive history of temper? IMO, these few comments are more likely an indication people not realizing that simply trying to be agreeable, rather than argumentative can be twisted. These few comments that have been speculated across our nation may be why others close to the Morphews ARE publicity shy. JMHO

My first post though I have lurked for years. My husband and have been married 25 years as of June. My husband would come across as probably angry whereas he’s not an angry man. But a lifetime as a Marine makes it seem as if he is cold with strangers. He hates social media and gossip. We have three son’s, 22, 19 and a late in life gift who is just 9 years old. I could see my husband and our boys being media shy and not engaging with the public. In fact I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2019. I had to put a Facebook message out asking people not to mention by diagnosis to my husband when they saw him. He was stressed enough and when word got out that I had cancer people (good and nosey) came crawling out of the woodwork and he didn’t like that. He is just a very private man.
I agree the LE being this quiet is strange IMO but I won’t convict BM based on what I have seen yet. Yet I share everyone’s frustration and want Suzanne found.

My first post though I have lurked for years. My husband and have been married 25 years as of June. My husband would come across as probably angry whereas he’s not an angry man. But a lifetime as a Marine makes it seem as if he is cold with strangers. He hates social media and gossip. We have three son’s, 22, 19 and a late in life gift who is just 9 years old. I could see my husband and our boys being media shy and not engaging with the public. In fact I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2019. I had to put a Facebook message out asking people not to mention by diagnosis to my husband when they saw him. He was stressed enough and when word got out that I had cancer people (good and nosey) came crawling out of the woodwork and he didn’t like that. He is just a very private man.
I agree the LE being this quiet is strange IMO but I won’t convict BM based on what I have seen yet. Yet I share everyone’s frustration and want Suzanne found.

Glad you posted. Agree being shy and gruff is not really a red flag.
Wouldn't your sons have rallied around him if you disappeared though?

I'm sorry to hear you were diagnosed and hope you are feeling well now.

If I was family and the devastated husband begged family to stay quiet so as not to harm the investigation or hurt his kids more than they already have been, I would see this as a reasonable request.
I don’t think the real issue is with family staying quiet about the investigation, as likely there’s nothing to talk about, because they probably know as little as we know. Doesn’t seem to stop us though :). And, there’s no problem with them not talking about BM either to protect his children. I’m sure they have an opinion, but that doesn’t help Suzanne. What is most perplexing is practically NO ONE speaking about Suzanne, the person, except for how wonderful she is. No personal anecdotes about her childhood, about her involvement in the church, community friends, clubs she may have belonged to, talking about Suzanne, who she was, what she loved in life, other than her children and husband (IF she still loved him). What prevents family and friends from talking about Suzanne? I suspect THEY suspect she’s long gone and someone close to her is responsible. They can’t speak out about Suzanne, as much as they might want to, because any encounter with a journalist could raise the “not so comfortable” questions they do not want to answer. JMHO.

Oh I have no doubt there’s a lot of “cockamamie fishy” going on here, but it has nothing to do with LE and everything to do with lies and misdirection. JMO

I assumed that BM sent the email to the Church regarding the lion attack. This article suggests that BM did not send the email to the Church. Who did? Why try to sell the implausible theory that the the lion attacked her (with out a trace of evidence and picked her cleanly and made her disappear).

“CrimeOnline has viewed a message that was sent to members of the Morphew’s former church in Indiana, requesting prayers following the news of her disappearance.

The message notes that Morphew’s bike was found “crashed,” and mentions that a mountain lion had been seen in the area where the bike was discovered.

Barry is just beside himself and so are the rest of us because they can’t find her,” the message, sent on May 11, reads in part.

Chaffee County Sheriff John Spezze said during the first week of the search that investigators believed it was unlikely Morphew was the victim of an animal attack.
It’s possible the message was sent by someone very close to BM, like his mother, maybe? Maybe TN? Just a guess.

It is somewhat interesting that TD called the LE TIP Line, but LE wasn't interested in the information that he had to offer. Quoting CrimeOnLine interview article posted June 2, 2020:
"Draper said he contacted the Chaffee County Sheriff’s tip line and left at least one message about his encounters with Morphew, but as of Monday evening had not heard back."
YouTuber who ‘secretly’ recorded video of Barry Morphew discussing wife’s disappearance says he believes Suzanne Morphew’s husband knew the camera was on

Sorry about your diagnosis and wishing you a full and swift recovery!

You make an excellent point. If innvestigators suspected a stranger -- & believed that further abductions were possible -- they would reasonably be expected to issue some sort of warning. The fact that they haven't leads me to believe that investigators think that a stranger is not involved.

LE put out a warning about hikers, bike riders others being stopped by a perp in a car? around that time. Foggy recollection.

I found it odd that as LE passed out flyers in the business district no questions were asked of the shopkeepers, customers. You’re already out, canvassing the area but not asking questions? Duh? o_O

It is somewhat interesting that TD called the LE TIP Line, but LE wasn't interested in the information that he had to offer. Quoting CrimeOnLine interview article posted June 2, 2020:
"Draper said he contacted the Chaffee County Sheriff’s tip line and left at least one message about his encounters with Morphew, but as of Monday evening had not heard back."
YouTuber who ‘secretly’ recorded video of Barry Morphew discussing wife’s disappearance says he believes Suzanne Morphew’s husband knew the camera was on
On June 4 TD posted an update video, 5:38 into the video it is written on the screen that he had spoken with CBI twice.

That’s bc the youtuber set it all up. Now he’s covering his behind. Bet he’s being considered as an accessory after the fact. I’d be back pedaling as fast as I could go.

ETA: He’s been known to follow suspected perps, Idaho in the Daybell case, for example, and try to get them on camera. Whatever he records, and could help LE will be inadmissible as evidence. Anything from further investigation bc of leads from the videos will be inadmissible. Fruit of the poison tree. So now LE will have to have a different source to admit evidence at any legal proceedings, for search warrants, and rework their case. He’s potentially botching up the investigation. Probably why LE doesn’t call him back.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members