Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
LE put out a warning about hikers, bike riders others being stopped by a perp in a car? around that time. Foggy recollection.

I found it odd that as LE passed out flyers in the business district no questions were asked of the shopkeepers, customers. You’re already out, canvassing the area but not asking questions? Duh? o_O
BBM:That's interesting. Yea they should have asked questions of everyone.

LE put out a warning about hikers, bike riders others being stopped by a perp in a car? around that time. Foggy recollection.

I found it odd that as LE passed out flyers in the business district no questions were asked of the shopkeepers, customers. You’re already out, canvassing the area but not asking questions? Duh? o_O
BBM:That's interesting. Yea they should have asked questions of everyone.

It is somewhat interesting that TD called the LE TIP Line, but LE wasn't interested in the information that he had to offer. Quoting CrimeOnLine interview article posted June 2, 2020:
"Draper said he contacted the Chaffee County Sheriff’s tip line and left at least one message about his encounters with Morphew, but as of Monday evening had not heard back."
YouTuber who ‘secretly’ recorded video of Barry Morphew discussing wife’s disappearance says he believes Suzanne Morphew’s husband knew the camera was on
My guess is, LE already knew BM’s “spiel” and his encounter with TD revealed nothing new. They were also likely aware that BM was out there searching that day and they weren’t at all concerned. They’ve had this long before TD showed up! I’m glad TD did what he did though, because it gave us something to chew on since LE can’t. :)

I believe the purpose of the canvassing was to bring awareness and have conversations with the town’s residents and shopkeepers, according to a tweet by Lauren Scharf

Lauren Scharf
@LaurenScharfTV

·
Jun 10

Today two dozen investigators plan to conduct a community canvas to ask residents of Chaffee County about #SuzanneMorphew Tipline is (719)312-7530

Why?
Canvassing isn't postering. MOO posters do nothing without talking to people.

Last edited:
If msm viewed the message, the sender should be on the email. Probably just deleted to protect the source. Or call the church. Someone would tell you. They don’t have anything to hide.
I don’t think it matters who exactly sent the email to the church. More importantly, who provided the information to the sender. Most likely BM as it supports his ideas about what happened. However, it does not seem to support LE’s idea of what took place. MOO

I imagine relative who had boots on the ground did the early communicating with media, former church, and anyone else asking about SM. In my head, he and BM talked about stuff and what to write and how this should be handled. Maybe BM decided to take the reins and shut it all down later.

If I was family and the devastated husband begged family to stay quiet so as not to harm the investigation or hurt his kids more than they already have been, I would see this as a reasonable request.
I understand your viewpoint and agree that it's reasonable.
However, imo, it seems more like some type of control or coercion going on.
But we don't know that the husband told them to stay silent.
My guess is that Suzanne's family has some inside knowledge and there's a reason they aren't making any public pleas !

Most telling was the latest update in the crowd funding page in which the (former?) spokesperson, TN, thanked people for the support and told them to ask MM -- the oldest daughter -- if they had any questions.
Not exactly protecting Suzanne's children; imo.
If the nephew needed to cut and run that's his choice--- but the way he threw the daughter's name out there in a public statement was self-serving and unnecessary.
MOO

I understand your viewpoint and agree that it's reasonable.
However, imo, it seems more like some type of control or coercion going on.
But we don't know that the husband told them to stay silent.
My guess is that Suzanne's family has some inside knowledge and there's a reason they aren't making any public pleas !

Most telling was the latest update in the crowd funding page in which the (former?) spokesperson, TN, thanked people for the support and told them to ask MM -- the oldest daughter -- if they had any questions.
Not exactly protecting Suzanne's children; imo.
If the nephew needed to cut and run that's his choice--- but the way he threw the daughter's name out there in a public statement was self-serving and unnecessary.
MOO
If BM didn't want MMs name on it he would have had it shut down. There is paperwork involved in becoming the beneficiary. They had to agree to it. I feel like TN has the inside scoop and is distancing himself and protecting his grandmother and his own little family. IMO

That’s bc the youtuber set it all up. Now he’s covering his behind. Bet he’s being considered as an accessory after the fact. I’d be back pedaling as fast as I could go.

ETA: He’s been known to follow suspected perps, Idaho in the Daybell case, for example, and try to get them on camera. Whatever he records, and could help LE will be inadmissible as evidence. Anything from further investigation bc of leads from the videos will be inadmissible. Fruit of the poison tree. So now LE will have to have a different source to admit evidence at any legal proceedings, for search warrants, and rework their case. He’s potentially botching up the investigation. Probably why LE doesn’t call him back.
Could you explain why the TD video will be inadmissible please? Because he videotaped BM without permission? I don’t think TD would say BM was acting nervous and suspicious if they set it up together. But maybe you mean setup because he lied and told BM he was there to help. I was hoping that video could be used at trial to show all BM’s theories and lack of emotion if BM is arrested and tried. Can LE call TD to testify about his interactions with BM? Sorry I’m not a legal Eagle! TIA

My first post though I have lurked for years. My husband and have been married 25 years as of June. My husband would come across as probably angry whereas he’s not an angry man. But a lifetime as a Marine makes it seem as if he is cold with strangers. He hates social media and gossip. We have three son’s, 22, 19 and a late in life gift who is just 9 years old. I could see my husband and our boys being media shy and not engaging with the public. In fact I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2019. I had to put a Facebook message out asking people not to mention by diagnosis to my husband when they saw him. He was stressed enough and when word got out that I had cancer people (good and nosey) came crawling out of the woodwork and he didn’t like that. He is just a very private man.
I agree the LE being this quiet is strange IMO but I won’t convict BM based on what I have seen yet. Yet I share everyone’s frustration and want Suzanne found.

What an excellent first post! Thank you for sharing your experiences and I know we all hope you're doing well. Good thoughts for your stoic husband and kidlets, too.

You make an excellent point. If innvestigators suspected a stranger -- & believed that further abductions were possible -- they would reasonably be expected to issue some sort of warning. The fact that they haven't leads me to believe that investigators think that a stranger is not involved.

Just because I feel compelled to say it: It's possible that there is no need to warn the public if the suspect is already in custody for something else. He may or may not be a stranger to the Ms. The continued requests for information and the canvassing is for as many nails as possible to keep him in custody without jeopardizing the case or start the clock rolling on SM.

Would you please provide a link to the relevant thread that contains the link? A careful look at the media thread reveals no articles that state that.

TIA

Here's one article (there are others) and it's not the first time this has happened this year and the article says there've been similar incidents in other cities. It's 100+ miles from Salida and unknown if it's the same creep, but it's possible.

Information sought on man reportedly posing as an officer in Colorado and approaching cyclists

Information sought on man reportedly posing as an officer in Colorado and approaching cyclists

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member