Found Deceased TX - PFC Vanessa Guillen, 20, Fort Hood military base, items left behind, 22 Apr 2020 #2 *arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suspect wanted in connection to Fort Hood criminal investigation killed overnight
According to the Killeen Police Department, the suspect shot himself as officers tried to make contact.

Author: Chelsea Durcholz
Published: 4:10 AM CDT July 1, 2020
Updated: 4:36 AM CDT July 1, 2020
KILLEEN, Texas — A suspect wanted in connection to a Fort Hood criminal case was shot and killed overnight. According to the Killeen Police Department, officers located the suspect in the 4700 block of East Rancier Avenue around 1:30 Wednesday morning. As officers tried to make contact with the suspect, the suspect pulled out a gun and shot himself. The suspect died a short time later.
Suspect wanted in connection to Fort Hood criminal investigation killed overnight
—-
BBM
Is this on base?
No, it’s not.

The more I think about it, the more I question what case the suspect is involved in. I don’t think that killeen PD was too involved in Vanessa’s case because it was on base. I know belton pd was briefly involved because of the ping and I know that Texas rangers were involved. I would think the military police would have been more involved than killeen police.

According to the Killeen Police Department, the suspect shot himself as officers tried to make contact.

KILLEEN, Texas — A suspect wanted in connection to a Fort Hood criminal case was shot and killed overnight. According to the Killeen Police Department, officers located the suspect in the 4700 block of East Rancier Avenue around 1:30 Wednesday morning. As officers tried to make contact with the suspect, the suspect pulled out a gun and shot himself. The suspect died a short time later.
—-
BBM
Is this on base?

no rancier is not on base, but it is in killeen which is close and right outside of it.

—-
BBM
Is this on base?

No. I think Rancier Avenue is off base. I have read it's not the best part of town.

the remains are most likely VG, but the suicide last night *could have* also been related to the Morales murder.
I believe the suicide was connected to VG, as they were apprehending him at 1:30am just after her remains were found.. but we have to wait and see.

This make a lot of sense. I think think this is related to Vanessa because of timing aka this happening this morning after yesterday's discovery.

Many NCOs and below live off base. Housing is limited and usually goes to commissioned officers. The E-1 thru E-9 usually have to find a place off base. Some live in Killeen, Copperas Cove and as far away as Temple.

Hubby and I rented in Killeen. My sister and her husband rented in Copperas Cove when he was stationed at Ft. Hood.

I'm not surprised Killeen PD is involved if they believe the suspect was a resident of Killeen, which it appeared he was. IME, IMO

Rancier Avenue starts right after you leave the gate. The suspect probably tried to escape and get lost in Killeen underbelly... Was that Sgt. Major who's photo disappeared from site...

Last edited:
Even if he is right, I still think Tim Miller should not have said anything, was the family informed before he gave his statements?

Yes, if you read further through ALL or ANY of the headline threads and / or click on link, this information only came out due to he HAD talked to family.

I do understand that some lay folks just read headlines and never read the body of the information, but more than that actually read the article. Many here on WS do drill down to see the details as it's what we are here for and differs from others...so just inquiring if this is the case that the articles weren't read that stated clearly Tim contacted family.

Tim Miller would NEVER Moo do such as to give a statement before family was involved. NEVER. Moo. Are you familiar with who Tim is and what he does and his track record ... and admiration by most all at WS? MOO

Last edited:
Judging by the night-time photographs, I believe this is where the incident happened.

Screenshot_20200702-005516.png

There are definitely conflicting reports circulating on social media. Live videos and eyewitness accounts which (in my opinion) do raise some concerning questions.

It worries that the dog's were unable to pick up the scent. Here lately it seems to happen a lot. Yes Many Military members chose to live off base. My dad in some of the bases he was stationed. It is very common to live off base . I believe that the officials were on the right track. Why would you kill yourself, when seeing cops cars? I have not heard of innocent person killing theirselves when cops pulled up at their home. Once again I have to there's a 1st time for everything, I can't understand why someone who hasn't done anything killing themselves.

Rancier Avenue starts right after you leave the gate. The suspect probably tried to escape and get lost in Killeen underbelly... Was that Sgt. Major who's photo disappeared from site...

What? Are you saying this suspect that completed suicide this morning is that Sgt. Major? :eek: I just want to make sure i understand correctly.

Last edited:
Yes, if you read further through ALL or ANY of the headline threads and / or click on link, this information only came out due to he HAD talked to family.

I do understand that some lay folks just read headlines and never read the body of the information, but more than that actually read the article. Many here on WS do drill down to see the details as it's what we are here for and differs from others...so just inquiring if this is the case that the articles weren't read that stated clearly Tim contacted family.

Tim Miller would NEVER Moo do such as to give a statement before family was involved. NEVER. Moo. Are you familiar with who Tim is and what he does and his track record ... and admiration by most all at WS? MOO
Thank you for clearing this up - I also saw his interview on CBS this morning where he talks about how he told the family - truly heartbreaking.
JMO

Tim Miller with Texas Equusearch, which led several searches based on tips for Guillen, said, "The search is over pending positive identification. I believe it's her."

Miller said the remains were found in a shallow grave but were concealed well enough that the dogs used in the first search did not find them.

Miller said he informed Guillen's family about the remains.

Human remains found during search for Vanessa Guillen near Leon River

I'm a few pages behind so apologies if it's been stated but the "I believe it's her" part is not in that link, but it could have been removed on the update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member