Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #46

Status
Not open for further replies.
In this case, however, MM is not claiming to represent both defendants currently and the only issue is whether his brief representation of Chad's interests before charges were filed may create a potential conflict.

Snipped for focus.
That wasn't the question the judge asked.

"Mr. Means have you ever represented any of the alleged co-conspirators that are set forth in the criminal complaint?”

Means: "No your honor. Other than Mrs. Daybell"

Whether he can legally and/or ethically proceed is a different conversation. You know the legal portion far more than I. My issue is more so the response.

The fact he stated on the record that he was representing CD does not align with his response to the judge's very pointed question.

He could've answered yes and rambled on about having represented CD in the past and it not being of relevance. Would it not have been better than just lying?

I believe MM was focused on the criminal charges and probably didn't feel his actions on behalf of CD constituted representation in the context of the proceedings. Of course, that was wrong and representation is representation and he showed himself to be less than fully prepared in that moment. With regard to the prosecutor raising the issue, it is common for one side or the other to bring an apparent conflict to the attention of the court even though the only persons who have standing on the matter are the client(s) and attorneys directly involved. Putting the matter on the record forces the court to deal with it as you saw today. Otherwise, it would be possible for a defendant to try and raise the matter of conflict as part of an appeal and/or claim of inadequate representation. So, the court will want to get this handled soon and get both LVD and CD on the record as being in agreement that MM can continue to represent LVD without regard to his prior represetnation.

With regard to this question of conflict of interest on the part of defense counsel, the prosecutor does not have standing to insist on anything other than raising the issue for the court. MM has an ethical obligation to avoid conflicts of interest but in a case like this he can easily claim that whether or not he represented CD in the past does not matter as long as he is solely working for LVD now. Interestingly, either Chad or Lori could raise the issue if they wished and claim that the prior conflict prejudices them by virtue of his having received confidential information that might be prejudicial to them at some point. In that instance, either of them could ask the court to remove MM from the proceeding and the court very well might agree. That likely won't happen because Chad and Lori seem to have a common interest for now.

At the point where capital murder charges are finally filed, there should be a number of experienced attorneys willing to take on the case for the publicity and prestige of handling such a high profile case. Most likely MM will try to hang on as local counsel (read errand boy) but will likely get squeezed out IMHO.

Great info and insight! Thank you

JMOO the wanting to be called ‘Mrs.’ is a I love you to CD. She knows he will see this segment on news!
I agree but maybe even a signal to CD. (ie: I will stand beside you as long as you don't throw me under the bus I won't do the same to you). Of course, I am just making an assumption but I would venture to guess there was a lot of pillow talk about being "Mrs. Daybell" and what it would actually mean to LVD & CD. JMO

I thought it was strange to see her hair pulled back, when in every picture or video her hair has been completely down. So it definitely didn’t fit her character. All jmo

Lol, Sleuth, here in the beach cities we call that “shipwreck hair”
some up,some pulled back, some down..not combed.
TG the “messy auntie bun” came along!

MOO
ETA: yesterday as she appeared
C9402FC3-F57C-41AC-ADC0-09F065EFF651.jpeg
prob a barrette or pin holding one side

Last edited:
I wonder if MM is starting to lay the groundwork for her defense with the signalling loyalty part? I know insanity isn't a plea in Idaho, but the fact that she could be "signalling loyalty" when her children were found buried in CD's backyard...could they try to say she was brainwashed somehow by CD and expect a lighter sentence or less severe charges or something? I'm probably reaching with this. I just can't get over a person wanting to be called Mrs. MyDeceasedKidsAreBuriedInYourBackyard.
I remember the Manson cult girls showing loyalty to that lunatic. Same here. MOO

Excellent point. Of course Chad would want to include them in the 144,000. If the Daybell kids weren’t aware of Chad’s unique brand of religion that’s a strong indication that he knew all along the stuff he’s spouting is hogwash.
But only 2 of his kids are married, is that correct or is it 3? I would think if all of his kids were a part of the 144000 then they would need to be married. I think he left a few out;) imo I agree his kids prob didnt know about this end of the world c..p because it is so foolish chad prob doesnt even believe it. I still think he will flip except of course he still needs to answer for his wife Tammy

Last edited:
She was "Daybell" when she was telling everyone she was still Vallow. She & CD snuck off and got married and didn't tell their kids or closest friends or family. She wanted to keep it quiet then but wants it on National News now that she is a Daybell. Was she not proud when she married CD in Hawaii just days after he buried his wife? She wants to attach herself to CD now (maybe because he is still a god) but I would caution to be careful what she asks for. She might just be tying herself into that corner with her own ropes. She might have had a short period of plausible deniability (not even sure where I am going) by saying she was "caught under CD's hypnotic powers" while with him and now that she has escaped his "grasp" she could think more clearly and begin to blame him.
I think she wants to ride or die w/CD hoping neither will turn on the other.
IMO

I am personally aware of a situation where a couple had a religious wedding ceremony that is not legally valid. The bride is collecting Social Security widow's benefits, which she would lose upon re-marriage.

She continues to go by her former husband's name, while living with the other guy who she introduces as her husband.

That's why I have been very curious about the wedding between Lori and Chad as there could possibly be something like this going on.

JMO
Yeah something like that or just the fact that the court needs to have her name right in all the court recordings.

She should not get a choice in the matter of her legal name. She can take liberties with her first name and be called by a nickname or whatever she chooses but her real legal name should be fixed and should be determined for the court.

I hope the judge can find out her current legal name and use it throughout the proceedings even if the last name part is not what she wants. She should not get a vote in that if the paperwork doesnt support it.

<Respectfully snipped for focus>
What I found interesting was that the Judge totally "forgot" about the Mrs.... but still got a few Vallows in--He was still quite clear to call her Vallow on acts before she married chad.

Something just occurred to me. If Lori and Chad are not legally married, maybe Lori’s insistence on being called “Mrs. Daybell” has something to do with their not being required to give damaging testimony against each other. Is that a real thing or something I absorbed from old TV shows as a kid?

I wonder if MM is starting to lay the groundwork for her defense with the signalling loyalty part? I know insanity isn't a plea in Idaho, but the fact that she could be "signalling loyalty" when her children were found buried in CD's backyard...could they try to say she was brainwashed somehow by CD and expect a lighter sentence or less severe charges or something? I'm probably reaching with this. I just can't get over a person wanting to be called Mrs. MyDeceasedKidsAreBuriedInYourBackyard.

She appears to know the difference between right and wrong. The problem with her acting out what appears to manifestations of a number of disorders and delusions, is that she has numerous behaviours that disqualify her for diminished responsibility such as she is organized, manipulative, and knows right from wrong. She WANTS to have her responsibility diminished as a religious ideal about femininity, but does not mean that she is really without any. When you seek out "brainwashing" as a way to be given an excuse to act out dark impulses it isn't really brainwashing, but embracing.

I personally suspect she is a sociopath with multiple forms of delusions and facetious disorders, something that sociopath and psychopaths will claim to not be possible but lack the self-awareness to self-identify disordered cognition likely blinds them to it and is part of their delusions of being hyper rational. If this is so with her, and I strongly think it is, she will actively deny and instruct her lawyer to not do that and will not cooperate with it. But to signal loyalty to her diminished capacity as a woman in general as a religious woman who submits entirely to the will of the man in her life is quite possible.

**edit to add: this diminished responsibility as an act of religious womanhood is also on display with MG.

Last edited:
John Prior has Meridian Idaho as his address in the court records - 06/12/2020 Notice of Appearance Request for Pretrial and Jury Trial

Which is the exact same address AND suite # used on these court documents. I did see a recent address somewhere for Means listed as a PO Box but with my skeptical mind he’s using that to hide his true physical location which matches Prior’s exactly.

https://s3-assets.eastidahonews.com.../Response-to-Request-for-Discovery-042020.pdf

I have seen a huge inconsistency with his address listed online and the court documents. Jmo

Im thinking what’s listed in the court filings would be considered authoritative. Both their addresses match exactly

But only 2 of his kids are married, is that correct or is it 3? I would think if all of his kids were a part of the 144000 then they would need to be married. I think he left a few out;) imo I agree his kids prob didnt know about this end of the world c..p because it is so foolish chad prob doesnt even believe it. I still think he will flip except of course he still needs to answer for his wife Tammy

In one of the MG interviews, I think it was Dateline, she alludes to being spiritually mature enough to receive this teaching, i. e. where you are on your own spiritual path. You can't take short-cuts on "your own path". Remember, this was "whispered" and not spoken about in regular church.

CD's take on the 144,000 really does not have to do with "salvation" but rather "rank" when all this supposedly goes down. His own children, if otherwise in good standing with the church, would not have been left out of the kingdom. IMO

Women with Munchhausen by Proxy who move around and doctor shop can and do end up doing this to children. There are many cases out there of women who've managed to get some serious surgery for their children who are in fact healthy. Exploratory surgery is not out of the question.

I highly suspect she was doing this to both Tylee and JJ. She is a practiced manipulator.

And it would make her adept at surreptitious poisoning. MOO.

Which is the exact same address AND suite # used on these court documents. I did see a recent address somewhere for Means listed as a PO Box but with my skeptical mind he’s using that to hide his true physical location which matches Prior’s exactly.

https://s3-assets.eastidahonews.com.../Response-to-Request-for-Discovery-042020.pdf

Im thinking what’s listed in the court filings would be considered authoritative. Both their addresses match exactly

I noticed early on the MM had the same issue. As a guess, it may be that they have multiple addresses with one official one as a method of increasing their reach into multiple counties for clients.

Snipped for focus.
That wasn't the question the judge asked.

"Mr. Means have you ever represented any of the alleged co-conspirators that are set forth in the criminal complaint?”

Means: "No your honor. Other than Mrs. Daybell"

Whether he can legally and/or ethically proceed is a different conversation. You know the legal portion far more than I. My issue is more so the response.

The fact he stated on the record that he was representing CD does not align with his response to the judge's very pointed question.

He could've answered yes and rambled on about having represented CD in the past and it not being of relevance. Would it not have been better than just lying?

If he admits to representing Daybell he’s attached to him for life even when that representation ends. I used to work for a divorce lawyer who would get his clients to go around town and pay a nominal retainer fee to the lawyers he thought challenging or difficult to deal with. That insured his clients soon to be ex couldn’t hire the supposed bad *advertiser censored* lawyer to represent them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lag87675