Haunted by the Past

Katt, I read your post and the entire thread as well. Absolutely I believe you, and that's some dang frightening things happened. It's my understanding that houses like other things hold energy. So if it's a very old house chances are something unpleasant happened or a spirit is still attached to their home. In your case it's a homerun. Funeral home. Suicide. So much grieving and sadness. That house needs cleansing, People die every single day in houses and nada. We did have all types of weirdness years ago when my child was small. The elderly neighbor told me who it was. Most activity happened if there was arguing or oddly enough if dirty dishes were in the sink. I learned the lady was fistidious. She loed kids so I believe my daughter's energy brought her around. She'd cry if we took the baby out. One day my mom heard her crying and basically said she was paying the mortgage now and her own granny don't come around crying so scram, With peace and as my child aged things quited down, but agreed it gets to you emotionally. Love and light to you!

Filly, thanks for your comments. It is very unsettling to live in a house where weird things keep happening. It was unnerving to go to bed with things arranged one way and get up and find them in another place. Another very strange thing that I didn't mention; I used to have a collection of troll dolls (remember those?). Anyway, I would get up in the morning and one or two of the troll dolls hair was braided. Remember how they had that crazy colored, wild hair; it would be braided in neat braids down their back. Very weird; my father kept saying "get rid of those dam_ dolls. Anyway, a couple of years ago when my brother came to visit me in Florida, he brought me a giant (about 5 feet tall) Santa troll doll - it is very cute and so far no braided hair!! Thanks again for reading and your comments. Katt

Filly, thanks for your comments. It is very unsettling to live in a house where weird things keep happening. It was unnerving to go to bed with things arranged one way and get up and find them in another place. Another very strange thing that I didn't mention; I used to have a collection of troll dolls (remember those?). Anyway, I would get up in the morning and one or two of the troll dolls hair was braided. Remember how they had that crazy colored, wild hair; it would be braided in neat braids down their back. Very weird; my father kept saying "get rid of those dam_ dolls. Anyway, a couple of years ago when my brother came to visit me in Florida, he brought me a giant (about 5 feet tall) Santa troll doll - it is very cute and so far no braided hair!! Thanks again for reading and your comments.

No thanks needed. O.K.so ummm the Troll dolls? Uhhh. LOL I'm sorry, but that is frightening. So glad big Santa troll has his doo all the same.

Feeling for your dad as well. IMO often men don't want to face the fact there's more out there than we know. My own dad was that way. Things would go missing and turn up in way out weird places. One time a fork came right off a plate as if someone was clearing the table. Nope! My dad didn't want to know. Finally when a piece of his jewelry went missing and he was the only one home and turned up later in one really odd spot was he half "believing".

May you continue with Blessings, light, love and happiness. Oh and Santa Troll.

Last edited:
I completely agree with the opinion that energy is left behind, particularly when someone exits this world suddenly. It's almost like a tag or marker that something happened there.

I think it can be associated with other strong emotions too, like joy and love. Some places are 'happy' places, for no obvious reason. Others, peaceful and calming. It's all part of the same thing, imho.

I always remember as a kid my parents told me of houses that suicides and murders had happened at, I wold always wonder how the current owners handled that type of residual energy. I don't know if I be able to live in a house where something terrible had happened.

I always remember as a kid my parents told me of houses that suicides and murders had happened at, I wold always wonder how the current owners handled that type of residual energy. I don't know if I be able to live in a house where something terrible had happened.

It's not for me!!

I think that some people are more sensitive to unseen energies than others are.

I definitely agree with that. Some people have a "gift" that allows them to perceive things others cannot. And also with certain children. There is something about a child's still developing mind that sometimes allows them to "see and hear" things that adults normally cannot.

Ive seen quite a few paranormal type shows where a lot of times the child in the home is the first one and sometimes the only one to notice strange happenings. As the child gets older, their ability for that normally diminishes.
JMO

Its a fascinating subject and some interesting stories on this thread. Thanks to all for sharing here.

I believe that house was somewhere in Cottage City, Maryland. You're right, I am not too far from there!

They demolished that house years ago. The fire department used it as a training tool. The area is now known as Mt. Rainier. It is right near the MD/DC line.

They demolished that house years ago. The fire department used it as a training tool. The area is now known as Mt. Rainier. It is right near the MD/DC line.

Mount Rainier existed as a city separate from Cottage City, although they were adjacent. Later, the post office consolidated a lot of smaller Maryland post offices into larger, more centralized regional post offices. Over time, many of the smaller areas simply came to be known by their regional post office address.

Before my DH and I bought some acreage and built our home where we now reside, we'd looked at another property with a old farmhouse & large parcel of land.
Suffice it to say we declined.

Not sure if a crime had ever happened there, but there was a feeling of dread around the place that grew as we inspected the lot with the realtor.
She seemed to want to point out the nice acreage and ultra-reasonable offer, but didn't say much about the house which was due for a big remodel, other than that it had 'good bones' !

Maybe it was the two or more birds that flew past our heads as we walked up the still intact stairs.
Or the overgrown yard with rusty farm implements scattered around.
Or the pond thick with an algae bloom and seemingly filled with more rusted junk.
All of this could be cleaned and cleared away.
But it felt like a brooding presence lingered there.

I felt like there were crimes or secrets waiting to be discovered. :eek:
But then the realtor would've disclosed this, imo.

Great thread topic and posts, everyone !

I'm wondering how each state's laws are about informing potential buyers of deaths in the house (including non-criminal deaths).

I'm in California at the moment visiting family. My father and his sister (very late 50s, early 60s) grew up in a house that we went to go check out. Their father committed suicide by hanging in the house, they sold it in the 70s and it's had a couple buyers since. It had recently been completely redone and looked unrecognizable, a lot nicer, and I wondered if the people knew about the death and if they were required to inform them here.

My area has a few stigmatized houses that are on house creep. I am sensitive to 'abnormal energy' especially at night so I would avoid visiting a 'stigmatized house'.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back