Presumed Located PA- Erik Tyree Carlo, 23, Philadelphia, 8 Feb 2020

mlhenn

Reaction score
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
upload_2020-2-23_2-48-14.jpeg
Erik Tyree Carlo
Nickname: Rico
Male
Race: Caucasian & African American
23 years old
5’7”-5’8”, 220 lbs
Curly hair when it’s grown out.

Circumstances
Date of Last Contact: Feb 8, 2020
NamUs Case Created: Feb 17, 2020
Last Known Location
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19146

Circumstances of Disappearance:
MP travelled from Valley Stream, NY to Philadelphia, PA to stay with family.
MP left house while on the phone and then stated he walked too far and was lost.
Family texted him the address so he could get
back home but never returned.

upload_2020-2-23_2-54-36.png Tattoos

Not a thing anywhere on this guy. He is also clearly latino, not sure where they got the black/african american from (it doesn't matter, just shows a sort of carelessness with his MP report)

This part of town doesn't look like a place I'd want to walk at night and the river is right there. Could he have wandered over to the railroad tracks and gone out onto the trestle bridge? It seems like a camera would have gotten him otherwise.

He has a baby https://www.facebook.com/ecarlo/

ETA he may also be an army ranger. Perplexing case.

Not a thing anywhere on this guy. He is also clearly latino, not sure where they got the black/african american from (it doesn't matter, just shows a sort of carelessness with his MP report)

This part of town doesn't look like a place I'd want to walk at night and the river is right there. Could he have wandered over to the railroad tracks and gone out onto the trestle bridge? It seems like a camera would have gotten him otherwise.

He has a baby https://www.facebook.com/ecarlo/

ETA he may also be an army ranger. Perplexing case.
He is not Latino his mother is Italian (Caucasian) and my uncle is African American. His report is correct. Unfortunately our family was notified two days ago that he was found hours after he went missing, dead. He was indeed in the service 11b infantry. He will be brought back home to New York so we can finally put him to rest. The medical examiners office had my cousins body with his wallet with all his info down to his ssc and just chucked his file into the cold case box they never checked anything to see what they easily found out two days ago (after our family continued prodding for answers)with a name search.

He is not Latino his mother is Italian (Caucasian) and my uncle is African American. His report is correct. Unfortunately our family was notified two days ago that he was found hours after he went missing, dead. He was indeed in the service 11b infantry. He will be brought back home to New York so we can finally put him to rest. The medical examiners office had my cousins body with his wallet with all his info down to his ssc and just chucked his file into the cold case box they never checked anything to see what they easily found out two days ago (after our family continued prodding for answers)with a name search.
Also the NamUs site cut short a lot of details I put in there and kept what I guess They deemed was most important

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
View attachment 234064
Erik Tyree Carlo
Nickname: Rico
Male
Race: Caucasian & African American
23 years old
5’7”-5’8”, 220 lbs
Curly hair when it’s grown out.

Circumstances
Date of Last Contact: Feb 8, 2020
NamUs Case Created: Feb 17, 2020
Last Known Location
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19146

Circumstances of Disappearance:
MP travelled from Valley Stream, NY to Philadelphia, PA to stay with family.
MP left house while on the phone and then stated he walked too far and was lost.
Family texted him the address so he could get
back home but never returned.

View attachment 234066 Tattoos
I want to say thank you for putting my cousin on this forum. I had know clue this existed. NamUs will be taking the MS post down of him once they confirm with the detective that he is deceased. I truly wish know one has to go through what my family had to I wish nobody’s family members case isn’t just thrown in a file and marked as a cold case without a ME office checking, without them ever entering him in the electronic system so that all those reports we made went unnoticed by them for almost 5 months and they had his body hours after he went missing. I’m real emotional right now but I want to say thank you.

Last edited:
I want to say thank you for putting my cousin on this forum. I had know clue this existed. NamUs will be taking the MS post down of him once they confirm with the detective that he is deceased. I truly wish know one has to go through what my family had to I wish nobody’s family members case isn’t just thrown in a file and marked as a cold case without a ME office checking, without them ever entering him in the electronic system so that all those reports we made went unnoticed by them for almost 5 months and they had his body hours after he went missing. I’m real emotional right now but I want to say thank you.
So very sorry to hear about your cousin. I remember reading about him earlier.
It is inexcusable that the ME’s office did not follow up, when they had such glaring evidence of your cousin’s identity. The ME’s office usually has Investigators, whose sole purpose is to chase down leads regarding the identities and circumstances surround the deaths of their clients.
Prayers to you and your family. And I hope an investigation is opened regarding whom is responsible for botching his case and leaving your family in agony all these months.

So very sorry to hear about your cousin. I remember reading about him earlier.
It is inexcusable that the ME’s office did not follow up, when they had such glaring evidence of your cousin’s identity. The ME’s office usually has Investigators, whose sole purpose is to chase down leads regarding the identities and circumstances surround the deaths of their clients.
Prayers to you and your family. And I hope an investigation is opened regarding whom is responsible for botching his case and leaving your family in agony all these months.
Thank you, an investigation will be launch after we lay him to rest this week. There’s a lot of people who didn’t do their jobs and some places who straight out lied to us. We could of had his body the following day if they would of just looked.

I am so sorry for your loss. I remember created this thread in hopes he would be found safe. I checked for updates regularly, as I am sure other websleuth members did also, but unfortunately we were unsuccessful.
I pray that answers turn up for all that loved him and also to provide closure for y’all. It is hard to believe they were unable to identify him or connect dots enough to contact family with him being found right after going missing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back