Found Deceased TX - PFC Vanessa Guillen, 20, Fort Hood military base, items left behind, 22 Apr 2020 *arrests* #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, they said there will be an independent investigation into Vanessa's case and also into sexual harrassment and reporting in general.

Reportedly, Vanessa told her family, a friend from Georgia, and other soldiers that she was being sexually harassed.

Just because it was not reported doesn't mean it didn't happen and it's not connected to her murder. Everyone she told can be questioned as part of the investigation.

They also stated that they will attempt to question some of the thousands of soldiers who have shared personal stories of sexual assault, rape, and sexual harrassment.

Towards the end of the PC they said that Aguilar is sharing more details about the murder and they are finding out new information everytime they speak to her.

I hope they are looking onto AR's past and any history of aggression or violence.

I'm sure there are a lot more details that we don't know that will eventually come to light.

Good.

So Army officials have now found information that may point to Vanessa being harassed, but not sexually. However, they also found that someone may have made sexual comments to her. Isn't that sexual harrassment?

Maybe initially army officials were hesitant to reveal to the family that a superior was harassing her because they were afraid the focus would be on that person as being responsible or involved in her disappearance.

Either way, it appears that there is a big problem if many others were aware of the harrassment or were sexually harrassed themselves and were afraid to report it.

"Army investigators told reporters earlier on Friday that within five days of Guillén's disappearance, they zeroed in on Robinson as a suspect as he was one of the last people to have seen her alive"

https://thehill-com.cdn.ampproject....ood-command-in-the-wake-of-slaying-of-vanessa

What?! He was a suspect right away? We know now that he was seen loading a heavy box into his vehicle THAT NIGHT. And it was his phone and his girlfriend's phone that led them to the body. What, pray tell, did they do for 10 weeks?

"Army investigators told reporters earlier on Friday that within five days of Guillén's disappearance, they zeroed in on Robinson as a suspect as he was one of the last people to have seen her alive"

https://thehill-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/thehill.com/policy/defense/506804-army-announces-review-of-fort-hood-command-in-the-wake-of-slaying-of-vanessa?amp_js_v=a3&amp_gsa=1&amp&usqp=mq331AQFKAGwASA=#referrer=https://www.google.com&amp_tf=From %1$s&ampshare=https://thehill.com/policy/defense/506804-army-announces-review-of-fort-hood-command-in-the-wake-of-slaying-of-vanessa

What?! He was a suspect right away? We know now that he was seen loading a heavy box into his vehicle THAT NIGHT. And it was his phone and his girlfriend's phone that led them to the body. What, pray tell, did they do for 10 weeks?
Probably covered some dirt on other people, bigger fish. I can’t believe they took this long because of details of the investigation itself. I have a feeling they were cleaning things up for other people. I wouldn’t be surprised if a looooot of people had a lot to lose if cases like Vanessa’s started to gain traction. Until some actual consequences start to be given to people, these crimes will still be committed in the Military. It truly baffles me that the instinct to protect someone is concentrated towards abusers rather than to victims. Gross.

Heartbreaking video, poor mom, she still does not know the gruesome details.
The truth is we don't have all the info, we can only speculate. The family does not as well, though they said a soldier gave them some more inside info.

Not sure if it was this website or another but there I did read somewhere stating that AR was a ticking time bomb before the military all MOO because I cannot confirm or even remember where I read it. You gotta be pretty brazen to kill your colleague on the job or really unstable.

Has anyone researched his background pre military days? I didn't. I'm afraid I haven't been here much since VG was found. This is really difficult to deal with, I give you all credit. But I started on this thread when she first went missing. I held out some small hope she ran because someone was threatening her with sexual abuse. Of all the bases in the U.S, I think Ft. Hood scares me the most, but I did have a bad experience visiting friends there off base.

https://thehill-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/thehill.com/policy/defense/506804-army-announces-review-of-fort-hood-command-in-the-wake-of-slaying-of-vanessa?amp_js_v=a3&amp_gsa=1&amp&usqp=mq331AQFKAGwASA=#referrer=https://www.google.com&amp_tf=From %1$s&ampshare=https://thehill.com/policy/defense/506804-army-announces-review-of-fort-hood-command-in-the-wake-of-slaying-of-vanessa

They investigated while we speculated. They were not sitting on their hands. Someone else told me in another case in took three years, where the whole family was slaughtered? And it was because the other family wanted custody of the three year old? A person told me they needed to find the homemade silencer that was used, and it took three years before they found it down a well.

One case in Virginia, they settled for what they could get because they never found the child's body. That poor mother had her only child stolen from her when her baby was only five years old. They could still get him for murder if her remains are found and identified. That little girl disappeared in 1989. I think he spent at least 20 years in jail. I'm pretty sure he's out now, but he'll commit another crime and hopefully this time they'll put him away and he'll never see another free day on the outside.

Keep on sleuthing, everyone.

Last edited:
Catching up on press conferences.
The Army finds itself blameless.
" We conducted hundreds of interviews and found no evidence of sexual harrassment."

Let me paraphrase For them:
"Due to the hierarchical nature of the Army, the Army cannot find evidence of its own culpability in a situatuon because the interviews can spell career trouble for all the interviewees"

This worry is also why VG didn't report in time, because no one wants to be a complainer and AR was clever.
If she did complain the Army is likely to have concluded the same "no evidence."

She knew it was a "she said he said" and hesitated to report.

So where can you complain when things go really go wrong?

MOO that's a US Congress question because the citizens need to speak on how they want the Army to handle it.

Still MOO MOO
Ft. hood had basic discipline issues besides the whole army system of harrasment suppression and reporting:

MOO If the roll call at 3pm had been conducted according standards, her being being missing would have been noted at 3pm 4/22, when her body was still sitting in the 3rd Corps armory, and MOO an assertive NCO leadership would have tried to track her down that day.

BBM It's hard to find blame when you're looking with your eyes closed.

I complained. I also stood up to most of those sexually harassing me. But if that shower incident happened, someone should have guided that little girl over to JAG. Because whether or not she was twenty years old, she was an innocent child when it came to dealing with the likes of some of these creeps.

Well, common sense says that, IMO, most criminals feel they might get away with their criminal behavior. AR apparently engaged in criminal behavior, ergo, IMO, he thought he might get away with his crime. And by his alleged actions, he certainly tried to cover up and get away with his criminal behavior. IMO.

bbm

So there was no prostitution ring? I must have misunderstood.

Most criminals do believe they will get away with their crimes. That's why I love dumb criminals. That's one thing the police have going for them. They have all that history of various crimes and criminals and some criminals aren't aware of the knowledge possessed by some LE. No matter how old the criminal, investigations have been taking place for centuries. Chalk up one for the good guys. On the other hand, some criminals are just so damn good and they know how to cover their tracks. Perhaps it's a sanity thing. The mental illness gives them an adeptness they shouldn't have. Consider Ted Bundy.

MOO lack if assertiveness.
Falsely counting het present on4/22 set of a siuation that allowed AR time and space. Then the Army leadership could not seem to respond with the demonstrable energy the situation required.

Last edited:
MOO lack if assertiveness.
Falsely counting het present on4/22 set of a siuation that allowed AR time and space. Then the Army leadership could not seem to respond with the demonstrable energy the situation required.
I honestly doubt the counting her present was anything more than someone trying to look out for her, tbh. If you have an otherwise reliable private and this is the first time they’ve not shown up to an accountability formation, the first thought isn’t something nefarious happened. It’s that they lost track of time, or overslept on a nap (everyone was supposed to be confined to barracks at this point due to COVID). We don’t know if it was leadership that accounted for her, or if it was a peer than made an excuse to account for her, but 99% of the time it wouldn’t really be a problem and would save the otherwise decent soldier some unneeded hassle for a mistake.

They did start looking for her that night, I believe. I’m not convinced they would have found her in the separate arms room even if they looked immediately. They probably wouldn’t have had access (AR probably locked it up and wasn’t a part of her unit), and they’re certainly not gong to go digging through pelican cases even if it was open. It’s not apparent if they even knew where she last was at that point.

I honestly doubt the counting her present was anything more than someone trying to look out for her, tbh. If you have an otherwise reliable private and this is the first time they’ve not shown up to an accountability formation, the first thought isn’t something nefarious happened. It’s that they lost track of time, or overslept on a nap (everyone was supposed to be confined to barracks at this point due to COVID). We don’t know if it was leadership that accounted for her, or if it was a peer than made an excuse to account for her, but 99% of the time it wouldn’t really be a problem and would save the otherwise decent soldier some unneeded hassle for a mistake.

They did start looking for her that night, I believe. I’m not convinced they would have found her in the separate arms room even if they looked immediately. They probably wouldn’t have had access (AR probably locked it up and wasn’t a part of her unit), and they’re certainly not gong to go digging through pelican cases even if it was open. It’s not apparent if they even knew where she last was at that point.
MOO I would not accept excuses. Of the NCOs duties, primary is accounting for unit personnel at all times.

We now know that he was seen doing it that night by a witness that didn’t come forward until much, much later. You can have suspects all you want, but without probable cause, you’re incredibly limited to the scope of your investigation surrounding them. After they got that information, they immediately got a consent search of the phone and started serving warrants to the phone company for location information. They also started targeting the CA, to try to get her to flip on AR, which they were successful in doing.

Have you ever been a part of a law enforcement investigation? A murder investigation? It would be awesome if all of the information needed was present from the start, but it’s usually not and takes a whole lot longer to solve or find a body in disappearances than it did in this case.

Unless you’re advocating for rejection of basic civil liberties now, there’s not much else that could be done other than what they were doing.
Probably covered some dirt on other people, bigger fish. I can’t believe they took this long because of details of the investigation itself. I have a feeling they were cleaning things up for other people. I wouldn’t be surprised if a looooot of people had a lot to lose if cases like Vanessa’s started to gain traction. Until some actual consequences start to be given to people, these crimes will still be committed in the Military. It truly baffles me that the instinct to protect someone is concentrated towards abusers rather than to victims. Gross.
This is nothing but rank and unsubstantiated speculation. Do you think you would have blown the case wide open and solved it in less than the two months it took to find a missing person and her killer and accomplice?

MOO I would not accept excuses. Of the NCOs duties, primary is accounting for unit personnel at all times.
And that’s how you lose the confidence of your soldiers. Getting them hemmed up for taking too long of a bathroom break. Marking “present” doesn’t mean she was forgotten about and people weren’t trying to figure out where she was.

And that’s how you lose the confidence of your soldiers. Getting them hemmed up for taking too long of a bathroom break. Marking “present” doesn’t mean she was forgotten about and people weren’t trying to figure out where she was.

MOO being inconsistent, being lax and playing favorites would the most common reason for loss of respect.

They investigated while we speculated. They were not sitting on their hands. Someone else told me in another case in took three years, where the whole family was slaughtered? And it was because the other family wanted custody of the three year old? A person told me they needed to find the homemade silencer that was used, and it took three years before they found it down a well.

One case in Virginia, they settled for what they could get because they never found the child's body. That poor mother had her only child stolen from her when her baby was only five years old. They could still get him for murder if her remains are found and identified. That little girl disappeared in 1989. I think he spent at least 20 years in jail. I'm pretty sure he's out now, but he'll commit another crime and hopefully this time they'll put him away and he'll never see another free day on the outside.

Keep on sleuthing, everyone.

I'm also quite certain, IMO, that they had to subpoena cell records, and then sit back and wait for cellular phone service providers to actually provide them; then they could get down to the study and tracking of the pings. I hate that, often in cases with nefarious details of persons at risk or missing, that this process usually sees such slooooooow compliance by service providers. Those records can be the difference between life and death in some cases.

We now know that he was seen doing it that night by a witness that didn’t come forward until much, much later. You can have suspects all you want, but without probable cause, you’re incredibly limited to the scope of your investigation surrounding them. After they got that information, they immediately got a consent search of the phone and started serving warrants to the phone company for location information. They also started targeting the CA, to try to get her to flip on AR, which they were successful in doing.

Have you ever been a part of a law enforcement investigation? A murder investigation? It would be awesome if all of the information needed was present from the start, but it’s usually not and takes a whole lot longer to solve or find a body in disappearances than it did in this case.

Unless you’re advocating for rejection of basic civil liberties now, there’s not much else that could be done other than what they were doing.

This is nothing but rank and unsubstantiated speculation. Do you think you would have blown the case wide open and solved it in less than the two months it took to find a missing person and her killer and accomplice?
No, I couldn't. But that's not my job, is it? It isn't my responsability either. Am I allowed to have an opinion and to share how I perceived the situation and this case? It's pretty clear you feel somewhat offended by my post, and for that I'm sorry.

No, I couldn't. But that's not my job, is it? It isn't my responsability either. Am I allowed to have an opinion and to share how I perceived the situation and this case? It's pretty clear you feel somewhat offended by my post, and for that I'm sorry.
<modsnip> the witness that actually gave the police probable cause didn't come forward until the end of May, which then allowed the investigators to take a whole three weeks to get subpoenas, search warrants, interviews, and ultimately get a good idea of where the body was located and start searching there. <modsnip>

ETA: All of this during a massive pandemic that had/has courts barely functional and companies that need to respond to subpoenas and other court orders understaffed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member