Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Entirely possible.
I'm curious though, in your opinion, what was the motive, or why do you suspect a drifter, or taken out of state?
The motive? I guess because she was attractive and it was an opportunity for this person to grab her without anyone else around. I believe it's a remote area where she was taken. These are just assumptions. I should add, look at all the joggers that are grabbed. The same thing

Suzanne being hit by a car is a possibility, especially if the driver of the vehicle is: drunk, on drugs, on probation, a felon, guilty of other driving offenses, etc. It could be enough of a reason, in the criminal’s mind, to hide or take her body. The thing is, it appears from LE’s behavior that there isn’t evidence to support this theory. Judging from their behavior it doesn’t look like THEY feel this is a viable scenario.

IMO

I'm not sure that LE goes by 'feelings' but a day long search of 2.5 miles of highway involving 100+ personnel, drones and dogs as a follow-up to having found a personal item of Suzanne is noteworthy to me. Opinions may vary.

Investigators say they believe they found item belonging to missing Chaffee County woman

I recently watched a Dateline episode on Michele Le. She was a nursing student who went missing, with her body eventually being found.

A couple of things struck me about Michele Le's case. First, after her vehicle was found, the police deemed it a homicide and would give no information to her concerned family or anyone else. It seems that they found blood evidence in her vehicle but didn't tell the family.

Maybe, that is what is happening in SM's case. Maybe, police discovered something to deem it a homicide case and are actively looking for the body and supporting evidence as to the murderer.

Second, because the police would give no information to the family, they continued to search for her. They didn't know where to begin and contacted Amber DuBois' mother who told them what they should do. They then contacted Marc Klaas, who was very helpful to them.

Marc Klaas was able to get some information from the police, like where they should be searching. They took all of the advice, set up a search center and formed search parties. After Amber DuBois' mother brought in a search dog, the body was eventually found.

If nobody in SM's family is responsible for her being missing, why aren't they doing the same thing? They have money to hire a PI (which is what Michele Le's family did without begging the public for money).

I'm very baffled as to why Suzanne's family isn't doing anything as far as we know. Michele's family also set up media interviews to keep Michele's picture and name in the public eye. They were very vocal. They wanted their loved one found.

They did all this because they were frustrated and had no idea of what the police were doing behind the scenes. It seems as if nobody cares about Suzanne. Surely, she was important to someone.

Same with Gannon Stauch. The sheriffs had all the blood evidence in the home, but "still a missing person", but they knew within days. We all wondered why his dad wasn't speaking up and no real info was given to the media and search help was declined. He did have his mom speaking up, but it was pretty tight lipped.

Usually it seems to me so JMO that when the police ask for no help its because they already know. Otherwise they give out information and have people out searching. If they are looking for specific information that would lead to recovery, they give it up.

My guess is they found information in the house that makes them believe whatever happened to her happened there. We saw the same with Gannon too and multiple searches of the home, but nothing said to the public at all

I'm not sure that LE goes by 'feelings' but a day long search of 2.5 miles of highway involving 100+ personnel, drones and dogs as a follow-up to having found a personal item of Suzanne is noteworthy to me. Opinions may vary.

Investigators say they believe they found item belonging to missing Chaffee County woman
It begs the question, why does LE focus on BM residence and job site if they have evidence of vehicular accident? If they thought a vehicle was involved, then why not make a public statement about seeking information on such vehicle?

It begs the question, why does LE focus on BM residence and job site if they have evidence of vehicular accident? If they thought a vehicle was involved, then why not make a public statement about seeking information on such vehicle?

They may not have information on the vehicle? but i doubt thats what happened. I dont think there is any way to explain them searching the job site except they believe BM is responsible and she is dead. It's a big ask to dig up an uninvolved innocent person's property. It's one thing to question the property owners, but pretty overboard to go digging up land. It's obviously a lot of manpower, but it's also just plain rude to do to an innocent taxpayer. Definitely not going to be a first choice with no backing behind it.

Because the one item found was way off from where she was thought to have gone, I think. As if she was not really where someone wanted everyone to believe her to be, but in reality she went the other way. Or carried a different way.
One was staged. The one item found was probably the true crime scene route.

They found one item on Thursday (day four of the search) which they believed to be connected to SM on a remote trail 500M / 1/3 mile from the Morphew home. They immediately called in dive teams to search a body of water close to the home.
“The million dollar question remains...
“SM was seen later than previously thought“

Mostly to me it's someone who roams around the country, homeless, sometimes looking for prey or hoping for prey. There was even someone like that in the small town I used to live in with an out of state license plate. Scary.
I used to live in a town that borders two states, and saw out of state license plates all the time. Why is that scary?

Also, Barry had Indiana plates on his truck, even though he lived for two years in CO. That's pretty scary, too. IMO

Last edited:
They found one item on Thursday (day four of the search) which they believed to be connected to SM on a remote trail 500M / 1/3 mile from the Morphew home. They immediately called in dive teams to search a body of water close to the home.
“The million dollar question remains...
“SM was seen later than previously thought“

Well when was she seen last? It will be interesting to find out if she went to her online church service on mother's day, called her mother in law, or took calls from her daughters. Does anyone know when BM went out of town and when did the girls leave?

ETA: I believe that is Suzanne's family thought she was alive,they would be screaming from the rooftops. I don't think this is a mystery to them; only the how and her location. IMO
<snip>

And yet we are told the daughters are choosing to live with dad rather than Mom’s family.
Different explanations for the daughters continuing to reside with their dad have been outlined in this thread, and I understand them, but I’m thinking SM’s family might be struggling with this. But maybe the family knows something that we don’t?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well when was she seen last? It will be interesting to find out if she went to her online church service on mother's day, called her mother in law, or took calls from her daughters. Does anyone know when BM went out of town and when did the girls leave?
Agree much of this would be v interesting indeed but sadly the previous 18 threads have yet to establish it :p

ETA: I believe that is Suzanne's family thought she was alive,they would be screaming from the rooftops. I don't think this is a mystery to them; only the how and her location. IMO
<snip>

We're told that, but we have no idea of the truth, nor of the circumstances. Many many children who lose one parent to DV support the remaining parent to the ends of the earth.
jmo

Last edited by a moderator:

Other than the police call, I dont know that I've seen anything reported on when she was actually seen last. It's very convenient to go missing on a holiday dedicated to mothers with your entire family out of town. It's possible that mothers day wasnt a big deal in their home. I don't really know of a single mom though that doesnt want some recognition on mothers day though. Especially since her and her daughters seemed close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member