Found Deceased PA - Linda Stoltzfoos, 18, Bird-in-Hand, Lancaster County, 21 June 2020 *arrest* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
That may very well be, but why not bury them all together at the same time?
Good point. I never said he was a smart criminal, maybe he didn't discover all of the clothing at the same time or he decided to keep a souvenir then changed his mind. He had obviously just committed a heinous crime so he was probably in a panic. Moo.

Good morning everyone. Hoping today is the day Linda is found. Just checking in, and catching up. Any more news about the tweet saying items of clothing were also found on the railroad tracks?

Really dumb thought that popped in my head but I’ll throw it out there. Being JS was adopted by a Mennonite family he would have some basic knowledge of the culture, he might know what to say that would entice Linda into his vehicle. The scenario in my head was maybe she’d seen him at the pretzel stand (often/stalking?) enough to be slightly familiar. Maybe even he spoke to others at the stand about being “raised” Mennonite so their/her guard would be lowered a bit?

Then JS waits for an opportunity, maybe figures out where services were that Sunday, and when he saw her walking home, he approached her and said something had happened to a family member of hers or something similar to get her into the car? Under circumstances like that maybe she would get into the car?

Really reaching. Sorry. MOO

There was a large search Sunday in the Welsh Mountain area that apparently resumed yesterday as well.

Search for Linda Stoltzfoos continues in East Earl Township

What were they looking for here? Did they find anything? It was a little surprising to me that so many Plain people set aside their Sunday customs to join the search but, then again, many of them serve on the local volunteer fire companies that were a large part of the search effort. And the search was for one of their own. I wonder at what point in the timeline beginning 6/21 do police think JS was in the Welsh Mountain area. Did he go back several times as he did to the Harvest Road location?

The Welsh Mountain area was the site where remains were found in another locally famous case. COM. v. ZIMMERMAN | 351 Pa.Super. 5 (1986) | asuper51355 | Leagle.com

T
his is the appeal of the killer, but the summary of the facts gives this information: “On July 31, 1980, a young girl named Evelyn Fisher disappeared from her home. Her skeletal remains were found October 9, 1980, in the thick brush and foliage of the Welsh Mountains, about 4 miles from the girl’s home.”

The area hasn’t changed much from that description, and I think if there are remains in there, time is of the essence to preserve as much evidence as possible.

So on 6/21 he took Linda at 12:42, was seen about 9 miles east of her home on Amish Road in Gap around 1:30 and then was at the Harvest Road business from 2:30 until 3:35, which is about 3 miles west of where he abducted her. All from Old Order community witnesses, latter-day technology led to arrest of suspect in Amish woman’s kidnapping

Why would he have driven east initially and then west, passing the general location from which he took her and then gone to Harvest Road? Did he hand her off to someone near Gap then drive west to hide evidence? Did he plan to assault her in Gap but had to go with plan B of Harvest Road?

I still wonder if someone else is involved.

Imo the police will determine the suspect acted alone. Rarely do sex predators have other male accomplices.

It doesn't take accomplices to kidnap, rape, murder, and discard the remains of a terrified defenseless victim. He didn't need help nor did he want it, imo.

It occasionally happens like in Holly Bobos kidnapping, rape, torture, and murder where several meth heads were involved after Adams first kidnapped Holly.

Imo, this is not one of those rare cases. This one in a loner who is the only one involved. Most sex predators are very selfish monsters who do not share in any of the pain, and torture they relish in inflicting on their victims.

Imo, this is not a case where he's put her some place alive.

We have seen these cases carried out way too often, and the horrifying results for the victim.

Imo, All along by the places LE has been searching they knew they were trying to find Linda's body.

The studies of actual kidnapping cases states the average time from the kidnapping, what happens in between, :( and murder is two hours.

Most victims are already dead before the families even realize the victim is missing.

Tragically, Linda's case isn't going to be any different including the main motive for the suspect to kidnap the victim,and that is to sexually assault them.

Jmho

I hear you... no evidence that she is dead so we need to look at all angles.. It still could be sex trafficking...

Imo, while we can toss around speculative ideas ...the police already knows far more than we do, and I do not believe any of the investigative evidence is leading them to believe she's alive or has been sex trafficked.

LE has consistently looked in areas where they look when they believe the victim is deceased. I'm sure they have had the FBI profilers assisting them.

Jmhoo

Yeah, thats right, you feel me. If she has been swapped for some incentive, I truly hope she isnt suffering. Just pure speculation, but it is an avenue that is possible.
2 possibilities that lead to probable kidnapping for sex trafficking:
1) The fact that there are people who are claiming to have seen her in the car days later makes me believe that. Let’s hope these claims were true and they did indeed see Linda.
2) No body has been found yet, just articles of clothing. She may indeed still be alive dressed in English clothing.
I know this all sounds far fetched but it’s possible.

Though the pinging of his phone in certain locations does not sit well with me. LE plans to release more info soon.

There was a large search Sunday in the Welsh Mountain area that apparently resumed yesterday as well.

Search for Linda Stoltzfoos continues in East Earl Township

What were they looking for here? Did they find anything? It was a little surprising to me that so many Plain people set aside their Sunday customs to join the search but, then again, many of them serve on the local volunteer fire companies that were a large part of the search effort. And the search was for one of their own. I wonder at what point in the timeline beginning 6/21 do police think JS was in the Welsh Mountain area. Did he go back several times as he did to the Harvest Road location?

The Welsh Mountain area was the site where remains were found in another locally famous case. COM. v. ZIMMERMAN | 351 Pa.Super. 5 (1986) | asuper51355 | Leagle.com

T
his is the appeal of the killer, but the summary of the facts gives this information: “On July 31, 1980, a young girl named Evelyn Fisher disappeared from her home. Her skeletal remains were found October 9, 1980, in the thick brush and foliage of the Welsh Mountains, about 4 miles from the girl’s home.”

The area hasn’t changed much from that description, and I think if there are remains in there, time is of the essence to preserve as much evidence as possible.
I wonder if someone reported seeing his car in Welsh Mountain/East Earl area when an alert or notice went out about Linda Stoltzfoos being missing or that there is cam footage of him driving in that area.

Heavenly Father,
Grant Your mercy and strength to all people who are affected by lovely, dear Linda's sudden disappearance. Wrap Your arms around her family and friends so they may feel Your comforting peace. Guide those who continue to search. We thank You for their courage and persistence. Give law enforcement officers, who continue to serve all of us during these especially challenging times, enlightenment.
Lord, help us to focus on You, our Good Shepherd. Linda is a lamb of Your flock. Please lead her home. Lord, in Your mercy, hear our prayer. Amen.
❤❤

Oceanblueeyes, you’re probably right. Just wishful thinking on my part. With all his back and forth driving on 6/21, it seems to barely allow time for the actual crime, if we assume it was completed by either 2:30 when he apparently arrived at Harvest Rd or about 3:30 when he left the Harvest Rd area. I mean, at that rate, it could almost take as much time to go to McDonalds and eat a cheeseburger in the parking lot as to commit a heinous assault and murder. Hope it was worth it :/

1) The fact that there are people who are claiming to have seen her in the car days later makes me believe that. Let’s hope these claims were true and they did indeed see Linda.
2) No body has been found yet, just articles of clothing. She may indeed still be alive dressed in English clothing.

Though the pinging of his phone in certain locations does not sit well with me. LE plans to release more info soon.
I only saw a posting on here that said she was seen with JS in his car the afternoon of the abduction in Gap. Where does it say she was seen alive days later ?

Good morning everyone. Hoping today is the day Linda is found. Just checking in, and catching up. Any more news about the tweet saying items of clothing were also found on the railroad tracks?

Really dumb thought that popped in my head but I’ll throw it out there. Being JS was adopted by a Mennonite family he would have some basic knowledge of the culture, he might know what to say that would entice Linda into his vehicle. The scenario in my head was maybe she’d seen him at the pretzel stand (often/stalking?) enough to be slightly familiar. Maybe even he spoke to others at the stand about being “raised” Mennonite so their/her guard would be lowered a bit?

Then JS waits for an opportunity, maybe figures out where services were that Sunday, and when he saw her walking home, he approached her and said something had happened to a family member of hers or something similar to get her into the car? Under circumstances like that maybe she would get into the car?

Really reaching. Sorry. MOO
I'm thinking he used fear via a weapon to get her in his car. It seems the video of the actual abduction was quick as they usually are.

It almost seems like he picked her up, drove past his apartment, went to his work place to do his thing and dispose of body, then finally while returning home, figured he would drive back into the country side to hide remaining clothing.
I wonder if his work place had security cameras, and also near his apartment should be plenty of security cameras. The way his work place and apartment is in the busier section of town, I think the LE know lots more then there are telling, they are dropping clues hoping someone bites on them. As indicated above I would be very interested with those woods and pond to the rear of his workplace.
The site of his work place appears massive. It would have been closed on the day of the abduction which was Fathers Day, Sunday June 21st.

I've not seen that Linda was seen in his car several days later.

Where did you read that if I may ask? Tia

That doesn't sound right. Everyone was looking for her, but people saw her in his car, but didn't tell the police right away?

Jmho

Would he have had access, as an employee, to open the locked buildings? Just wondering. But surely there are cameras...
I wondered that myself. MontereyMama, if he had keys to the buildings where he worked but then realized with his criminal record , I don't think they would put him in a position where trust is paramount. I was surprised they hired him at all because they handle military contracts. He most likely would be familiar with the surroundings there and might know where security cameras were to avoid them.

Also keep in mind they said he is 34 years old correct, and he probably started driving around 16 or 17. So that's 17 years driving experience, but 12 of those was spent in prison, leaving him 5 years of driving. Doesn't leave a lot of time to learn all the secret spots to hang with your friends. He had to go to a place he either drove by frequently. Or knew of growing up. What town was he raised in?
Did he family frequent any parks or preserves?
Where is his brother living now?
Could he have met is brother at the Welsh Mountain Preserve parking area?
For the little amount of time he had to do this, he knew where to drive in a fair amount of time.

Attachments

• 935D7A94-8C5D-413D-BA09-417B5228DF39.jpeg
    935D7A94-8C5D-413D-BA09-417B5228DF39.jpeg
    193 KB · Views: 139
  • B5038759-B001-4B60-86A3-823E27B713F2.jpeg
    B5038759-B001-4B60-86A3-823E27B713F2.jpeg
    101.2 KB · Views: 159
  • 61260BE5-0A43-446A-BC76-12A75DCE09E7.jpeg
    61260BE5-0A43-446A-BC76-12A75DCE09E7.jpeg
    207.5 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:
Status