Identified! FL - Big Cypress Natl Preserve, Male Hiker, Denim & “Mostly Harmless” July 2018 - Vance Rodriguez#4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw that NAN, I lived in Sarasota and worked for an Amish man for several years, (he fell off of a roof and died). He was from Lancaster County, Pa. Years ago he was shunned for some reason, no one searched for him, he traveled the USA on foot , working as he went.

Has anyone tried the Amish community , it is Pinecraft in Sarasota, Fl. If he was Amish or Mennonite and shunned, he probably would not be reported missing.
What are the plusses and minuses of this theory?

Plusses:
1. Not having an ID (that we know of).
2. No fingerprint history.
3. He said he visited a sister near Sarasota, where there is an Amish community.

Minuses:
1. We know he was on the AT in NY. That's a long way away from Sarasota for an Amish person.
2. May have used a credit card in Virginia to buy gear/Obsidian said he had a wallet and ID.
3. Amish people typically have an accent. We know from those that spoke with MH that he had no discernible accent.
4. Can any Amish people write computer code? I think it would be difficult for even a shunned member to gain the education needed to code effectively, especially in Java.

Did I miss anything?

Plusses:
3. He said he visited a sister near Sarasota, where there is an Amish community.

Minuses:
1. We know he was on the AT in NY. That's a long way away from Sarasota for an Amish person.
2. May have used a credit card in Virginia to buy gear/Obsidian said he had a wallet and ID.
3. Amish people typically have an accent. We know from those that spoke with MH that he had no discernible accent.
4. Can any Amish people write computer code? I think it would be difficult for even a shunned member to gain the education needed to code effectively, especially in Java.

Did I miss anything?

I just want to clarify that his codebook was mostly using normal math, english and logic tables from what I recall. The game we think he was iterating is coded in Javascript, not Java (while similar in name, totally different code) The game is centered around teaching anyone how to code by making it into a video game.

I just want to clarify that his codebook was mostly using normal math, english and logic tables from what I recall. The game we think he was iterating is coded in Javascript, not Java (while similar in name, totally different code) The game is centered around teaching anyone how to code by making it into a video game.
On the podcast on the episode they just dropped the developer they interviewed said it was clear MH was a Java programmer. I think there were some lines of Java in the notebook somewhere.

Has anyone tried the Amish community , it is Pinecraft in Sarasota, Fl. If he was Amish or Mennonite and shunned, he probably would not be reported missing.

Pinecraft has a lot of Amish/Mennonite snowbirds who travel to Florida for the winter. Usually arriving around Nov. 1 and return to their home state around mid-March. Train or bus travel is the most common, not airplane travel. So many travel to Florida that charter buses are used. Pinecraft is also popular with teens and those in their 20s, because things in Pinecraft are more relaxed with less unwritten rules than their home communities. ( known as Ordnung).
In Ohio, Holmes County and the surrounding area has a substantial Amish population. In Indiana, the largest communities are Elkhart and LaGrange County, which are next to each other. Marshall County also has many Old Order Amish. There is also a quickly growing Amish community in southern Indiana, down around Brownsburg, IIRC.

Plusses:

Minuses:

Did I miss anything?
I did miss something.
Minus:
5. Obsidian said he could not make a fire. He's not Amish if he cannot start a fire.

Just came across this article and not that i am keen to delve into MH's cause of death atm, but it did ring some bells, imo, speculation, fwiw.
What is rhabdomyolysis? What to know about the rare 'leaky muscle' syndrome
''Left untreated, the muscle injury syndrome known as rhabdomyolysis can be life-threatening.
It’s relatively rare: a 2012 study found 382 to 419 cases per year in the U.S. army between the years of 2003 and 2006.''
“It basically causes our muscles to break down and leak some of the muscle cell contents into the bloodstream,” Dr. Jane Thornton, a clinician scientist and sport medicine physician, told Global News.''
It’s described as severe muscle pain and weakness caused by muscle breakdown and muscle death, according to the Cleveland Clinic.

“This dangerous muscle damage can result from overexertion, trauma, toxic substances or disease,” says the website.

However, the key difference between rhabdomyolysis and other muscle pain, like DOMS, is a change in urine colour

“Brown or tea-coloured urine is the main marker,
” Mitchell said''.

Just came across this article and not that i am keen to delve into MH's cause of death atm, but it did ring some bells, imo, speculation, fwiw.
What is rhabdomyolysis? What to know about the rare 'leaky muscle' syndrome
''Left untreated, the muscle injury syndrome known as rhabdomyolysis can be life-threatening.
It’s relatively rare: a 2012 study found 382 to 419 cases per year in the U.S. army between the years of 2003 and 2006.''
“It basically causes our muscles to break down and leak some of the muscle cell contents into the bloodstream,” Dr. Jane Thornton, a clinician scientist and sport medicine physician, told Global News.''
It’s described as severe muscle pain and weakness caused by muscle breakdown and muscle death, according to the Cleveland Clinic.

“This dangerous muscle damage can result from overexertion, trauma, toxic substances or disease,” says the website.

However, the key difference between rhabdomyolysis and other muscle pain, like DOMS, is a change in urine colour

“Brown or tea-coloured urine is the main marker,
” Mitchell said''.
I'm pretty sure cachexia also leads to dark coloured urine due to the breakdown and death of muscle tissue.

Someone from the Rainbow Family just posted on the Unidentified Male Hiker Ben Bilemy fb page is saying she knows MH...Says he is part of the rainbow family from FL/GA area. Said he volunteered in the rainbow kitchen cooking with her in the 90's. She is getting with the groups to get his name but believes his name is Mike. She says she focalizes for family and has asked the family to give his name and promises to have his name soon..

Someone from the Rainbow Family just posted on the Unidentified Male Hiker Ben Bilemy fb page is saying she knows MH...Says he is part of the rainbow family from FL/GA area. Said he volunteered in the rainbow kitchen cooking with her in the 90's. She is getting with the groups to get his name but believes his name is Mike. She says she focalizes for family and has asked the family to give his name and promises to have his name soon..

Thats confusing saying a woman has just posted ..someone else on facebook is also saying a woman just posted (unless you are both the same person Donna?) x But a man has just posted the exact same thing and it has been deleted.
If you look on Rainbow Family Gatherings
and check out member names Keith looks interesting, I checked out some of his other alias (Denims that is) there is another interesting one. (public forum and open profiles)
Anyway Good night xx

My mistake in saying he was a she...the name of the person who posted had a name that could of been either...No I only posted once, here and no where else..The post was deleted due to a member posting photos of someone that was not missing....Thanks for the heads up on the gathering.

Looks like that went south pretty quickly. It was a hoax.

I'm not so sure...The poster is with the Rainbow Family (verified) and helps with keeping people with food and water. A few people have vouched for him..something to do with the Casper case...The problem with the post was someone posting photos of a person not missing and very much alive. The poster was saying the photo of MH is the one but everything got twisted and confusing when the person started posted photos of someone named Ben..

I'm not so sure...The poster is with the Rainbow Family (verified) and helps with keeping people with food and water. A few people have vouched for him..something to do with the Casper case...The problem with the post was someone posting photos of a person not missing and very much alive. The poster was saying the photo of MH is the one but everything got twisted and confusing when the person started posted photos of someone named Ben..
I don't think that is the best FB group. I've been there for awhile and have seen a lot of drama.

All MOO, but I do not think MH was part of the rainbow family or Amish. Both of those sub-cultures have some distinct traits that someone who crossed paths with MH would have picked up on. (unless it was reported he smelled of patchouli and I missed that? just kidding and no offense to the rainbow family folks!)

I think he was a very competent and bright tech worker who made decent money, was thrifty with it, was tech savvy enough to maintain a small digital footprint, was not super close to his family(whether by choice or because his parents are deceased) and was likely never in a long term relationship. I also think he was between 40-50 as I do think a younger person would have used a digital note taking device and been more likely to have had more of a digital presence. Totally basing this off people I have crossed paths with over 25 years of working in tech (me being a chatty cathy type who always tried to get quieter engineers to chat more when they got stuck on projects with me). The people who would know him are likely coworkers but they may have described him as a private person and wouldn't necessarily have asked any questions about his life outside of work. AGAIN - this is all MOO based on the picture painted by the reports of those who encountered him AND colored with my own biases of engineers I have worked with throughout my career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
genepool48