Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *Arrests* #48

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good point that it is closed due to COVID now. Transcripts and audio are for the courts use. I was shocked to see Wood say that the folks that watched the prelim could be stricken from the jury pool with cause. Never heard of such. With cause just because they watched doesn't seem right to me.

I agree.

JMO
Just because a member of the public is familiar with a case should never be the sole reason to exclude them from being on a jury.

Ive seen at least 2 or 3 examples in real trials where during the jury polling by the lawyers, the potential jury member was asked if they knew about the case and YES they had, and were subsequently asked if they could still be unbiased and could they decide the case solely on the evidence which is presented to them, and their answer was also YES. I recall at least one of them was selected to be on the actual jury.

So just because someone is familiar with a case, it should not be a reason to exclude them from serving on a jury. There would have to be some other compelling reason to do so.

I noticed on the last hearing where LVD's bond was reduced, she regularly had her eyes closed. Primarily her eyes were closed when the Judge was speaking though sometimes when MM was speaking.

Wasn't entirely sure until I saw a cleaned up version of her in that zoom.

Upon consideration I do not think this is contrition, or sadness, or catatonia but her "praying" and thinking she is doing something that controls the judge. It occurred to me that LVD may think she has extraordinary power to use her goddessness to influence the Judge. That the request to remove the other judge has been so that she can influence a female judge as a weaker vessel.

Absolutely and I totally agree with you but for a slightly different and important reason.

We should never allow court proceedings to be private because the public serves an important purpose of checks and balances. To witness what should be a fair and impartial process to both the Prosecution and the Defense.

As soon as we start having private, hidden, unseen, behind the curtains, etc. forms of justice then it opens up the door for shenanigans to happen to either side and nobody would ever know.
This is perfect and you said it the way I could not. Thanks Hatfield. :)

I didn't like the prosecutions move to black out the prelim but when looking at the population of Fremont Co. being about 13,099 (2019) I'm leaning with Woods sort of. That's a small amount of people to choose from. Change of venue might be a better choice than not streaming these cases. Bring the jurors from another county to Fremont might work. jmo

I didn't like the prosecutions move to black out the prelim but when looking at the population of Fremont Co. being about 13,099 (2019) I'm leaning with Woods sort of. That's a small amount of people to choose from. Change of venue might be a better choice than not streaming these cases. Bring the jurors from another county to Fremont might work. jmo
This case is being reported worldwide. I have been following it on a UK site, so good luck with finding a jury of people who are not familiar with it.

The prosecutor must have some big reveals if he wants to limit or prevent live streaming.

I bet after, if not before, Lori has a court appointed attorney. Hubby keeping money for his own defense.

AND today is the day, Chad Daybell, said the end of the world will happen. Did he give a time?

I’m getting confused between Judges bouncing around. I *think* Mallard is refusing video coverage going forward per my link above and we are still waiting on Judge Eddin to decide on the other (more serious) charges which are a separate case? Hopefully someone else can help me...or I’ll wake up smarter tomorrow after I get some sleep. Happy end of the world all.

I actually considered mayyybe the prosecutor doesn’t want to have to travel if the venue got moved. If the venue does move...does the prosecutor have to go too??

I don't see prelims going ahead in August anyway. Prosecutor hasn't even filed discovery yet, unless it's sealed so it doesn't show up on the court portal.

I just came to ask you about this

Presumably these zombie proceedings are not the real game in town?

I'd be surprised if the prosecutor intends to charge on these low level crimes

Is this correct? Judge Mallard approved blocking live stream of preliminary hearing??? See link for her order.

Prosecutor seeks limits on video coverage in Vallow-Daybell cases - Local News 8

I’m tired, please someone tell me I can’t read! It’s been a long day!
No, this was to do with the hearing in Madison County the other day where the password for Zoom had been put up on the court's portal and they must have panicked thinking the whole world was going to be logging in, so the judge quickly restricted access.

The fact that we will have more deaths tomorrow from the virus is alarming due to being so high. Was it 144 K living or dead? Right now we're at 143,834 diseased from the virus, on WorldOMeters. It's a coincidence number wise, but thought I'd post it.

I don't believe in portals, zombies unless when watching TWD (smile), apocalypse etc...but have to say that's weird.

United States Coronavirus: 3,961,429 Cases and 143,834 Deaths - Worldometer

144,958 as of now.

Good point that it is closed due to COVID now. Transcripts and audio are for the courts use. I was shocked to see Wood say that the folks that watched the prelim could be stricken from the jury pool with cause. Never heard of such. With cause just because they watched doesn't seem right to me.
It makes even less sense to imply if they watch the hearing they will be struck when he admits the whole state of Idaho is already familiar with the case and transcripts/audio of the hearing will be available to the public.

If I understand correctly, he’s fine with the public reading what is said and even hearing the voices of people while saying it. Apparently it’s being able to see what’s going on that he finds problematic. Does he think potential jurors will be tainted if they see Lori roll her eyes one too many times? The free world already knows she’s an absolute beast. But I have faith these two fine lawyers can select a jury capable of separating their loathing from the facts of the case.

I sense he’s not being entirely transparent regarding the real reason he wants video banned at the pre-trial hearing. But I’m mystified as to what it could be.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member