Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
The more I learn about who Suzanne was the sadder I become.
How I wish it was, "Is". :(
But even now the husband will not speak up for her, not with Fox21, nor anyone else.
Imo.
I can understand skipping on Daily Mail or DWAP on youtube, but Fox21 is real news. That's where you want your missing wife's information broadcasted.

I can understand skipping on Daily Mail or DWAP on youtube, but Fox21 is real news. That's where you want your missing wife's information broadcasted.
Not this guy. Publicity is your friend, especially if you believe your wife was kidnapped.

It’s like he wants it all to go away, like any loving spouse would want. Well, in the Twilight Zone maybe.

Not this guy. Publicity is your friend, especially if you believe your wife was kidnapped.

It’s like he wants it all to go away, like any loving spouse would want. Well, in the Twilight Zone maybe.

I think he's sticking with the mountain lion theory and so well what good is Fox21? Mountain lions are all about NBC

I work with attorneys - real estate, probate, corporate litigation, business, and estate planning - If my parent was missing, and I was the recipient of general public funds for a "search" etc., I would go to an attorney - for assistance in the proper, legal withdrawal and spending of those funds. If I suspected a family member was involved, or knew something and was not forthcoming - I would want that same legal assistance and advice. but that's just because I'm around them all day every day. It's too soon IMO to worry about handling SM's estate - for now, she's married and the rules of CO and IN joint property will prevail. And short of bringing about a civil lawsuit there isn't much to be done until she is located or an arrest is made. Her joint assets are his until we are told otherwise (i.e. Trust, individual accounts, etc. -JMO)
all my own opinion.
Just noticed your post, thanks for such good info. I was actually thinking of trusts already set up for the girls, that may have Suzanne as executor; inheritances from her family, etc. Wouldn’t that have been held aside for the girls, not considered joint property?
I’m afraid the daughters will grow up much faster now, regardless of whether their father is guilty...

Sororicide & Uxoricide?
I thought I had a large vocabulary, but I never heard the word "sororicide". In the examples, I read that several of the more famous sororicides had more than one perpetrator. It must be an awfully complex crime to investigate. Good thing this case seems to be much simpler! IMO
@David F. I can spell these words, but pls :confused:don't ask me to pronounce all words on ^ list,
:oops: at least not correctly.o_O
And typing them is a bit dodgy too.

Last edited:
MOO the daughters blame BM for leaving her alone on M day and also for any other way they feel she was left unprotected.
It would be hard for them not to say, you have asserted that you are the head of the family at all the times, where then were you when trouble came?

Last edited:
You don't think the girls were coming back to see her on Mother's day?
Not sure. I have trouble believing most things BM has said. Nothing against the girls whatsoever, so no one better twist my words to say that! I just feel strongly that this was a staged situation, and not sure I believe it was set up for the girls to find her missing. Im thinking if they were coming home, it could have been an afterthought. But I dont really believe the original plan was for 'them "to spend the day" with her, so he decided to go to Denver'. Part of me has always thought it would make sense if she was reported missing when she didnt show up somewhere Monday. Jmo.

Sorry I know Im double responding...

It's hard to see it any other way here. If she was abducted, well are there any suspects? Even if there aren't wouldn't you try to find one using the public? Would you really ask the public to just hold on to their surveillance cameras just in case? Or would you go get it immediately? If I believed someone were abducted, my first step is checking cameras. I'm not relying on the public to save it themselves which is the reason they gave. "Save the footage bc it sometimes gets deleted after 7 days... we'll just like call you if we decide we need it". That does not sound like an abduction. You would go over there right away and review it as soon as possible bc once a victim gets moved, you need to act fast.

Wild animal is out. Just plain stupid

Injury on a bike ride or walk? Possible of course. But you would send the firefighters who are trained to fight fires in really difficult terrain to search. They are willing and able.

Killed by someone else who isn't BM and wasn't hired by BM to do it, but knows them? Who would that be? They haven't searched any homes other than ones that BM worked at or lived in. They also CLEARED that person and said they had no reason to believe they were related to her disappearance. Sooo what are we left with then?

Not sure. I have trouble believing most things BM has said. Nothing against the girls whatsoever, so no one better twist my words to say that! I just feel strongly that this was a staged situation, and not sure I believe it was set up for the girls to find her missing. Im thinking if they were coming home, it could have been an afterthought. But I dont really believe the original plan was for 'them "to spend the day" with her, so he decided to go to Denver'. Part of me has always thought it would make sense if she was reported missing when she didnt show up somewhere Monday. Jmo.

I have a hard time believing they wouldn't come home for Mother's day. This is her first mother's day in remission down to maintenance treatments. They live with her or are currently. I doubt they were going to let their mom sit around at home since there's nowhere that BM could claim they were going otherwise. Everything was shut down. It's not like they could have "dinner" plans that they then "cancelled" with a "Dont worry about us kids, I'm taking your mom to _____ for a really nice dinner". She would literally just be at home.

I think Denver only happened bc he was forced to try and get an alibi and maybe get rid of evidence (if he hadn't done that Sat night)

When the Sheriff asked citizens to preserve their security tapes without handing them in how would that work for those homes that were Air BnB rentals? Do we know if the owners reside locally and could have done what LE instructed or were some videos taped over because no one was around to check them.
If you realize that a person is mortally wounded and you willing decline to aid, assist or seek a medical intervention; is that murder?

In Canada that would be called failing to provide the necessities of life and it's a crime.

Sorry I know Im double responding...

It's hard to see it any other way here. If she was abducted, well are there any suspects? Even if there aren't wouldn't you try to find one using the public? Would you really ask the public to just hold on to their surveillance cameras just in case? Or would you go get it immediately? If I believed someone were abducted, my first step is checking cameras. I'm not relying on the public to save it themselves which is the reason they gave. "Save the footage bc it sometimes gets deleted after 7 days... we'll just like call you if we decide we need it". That does not sound like an abduction. You would go over there right away and review it as soon as possible bc once a victim gets moved, you need to act fast.

Wild animal is out. Just plain stupid

Injury on a bike ride or walk? Possible of course. But you would send the firefighters who are trained to fight fires in really difficult terrain to search. They are willing and able.

Killed by someone else who isn't BM and wasn't hired by BM to do it, but knows them? Who would that be? They haven't searched any homes other than ones that BM worked at or lived in. They also CLEARED that person and said they had no reason to believe they were related to her disappearance. Sooo what are we left with then?
And I don’t get the impression law enforcement reached a conclusion by ruling things out. That happened way too fast.

I think it comes down to the presence of evidence, as opposed to a lack of supporting evidence for anything else.

As for the video request, I think law enforcement took everything they thought might be relevant, and was merely covering their bases when they asked the public to retain video from between those dates.

They didn’t know where the investigation would lead at that point, or what other locations may be relevant.

ETA: @branmuffin, I think they would have contacted the owners, and have them send those videos over the Internet. These systems are all digital, and nothing would be taped over. Some people do however, only have systems that retain video for a certain number of days before they are deleted. Usually it’s about a week though, so I don’t think that would have been a concern.

Last edited:
Quotes from LSharff Fox 21 on SM:

“You don’t just see beauty when Suzanne is around, you feel it”: Friends describe missing Chaffee County woman | FOX21 News Colorado

July 22, 2020

Family and friends spoked to FOX21 Digital NOW Suzanne, describing her as beautiful inside and out. The family still hopes Suzanne will come home.

Suzanne, a strong woman on many levels, overcame Hodgkins Lymphoma twice. Once before her children were born, and again as the Morphew family moved to Colorado. The family says they celebrated her last cancer treatment on October 1, 2019.

Suzanne was so happy on the day of her last treatment. She was still coming in for maintenance treatments, but the chemo was done and she was doing great. She was supposed to come in for her maintenance the Monday after Mother’s day, but of course, did not show up. She was a bright light in this world. I really miss Suzanne and pray that justice is served.

BBM:

BM is self-employed, and it appears that SM did not work outside the home.

I'm wondering about health insurance coverage.

Cancer treatments are not inexpensive.

That home they purchased in CO was also not inexpensive.

It sounds like the move to the (much more expensive) home and the cancer recurrence happened around the same time.

SM was due to come in for a maintenance treatment the Monday after MD.

Just some random thoughts swirling around.

JMO.

I have a hard time believing they wouldn't come home for Mother's day. This is her first mother's day in remission down to maintenance treatments. They live with her or are currently. I doubt they were going to let their mom sit around at home since there's nowhere that BM could claim they were going otherwise. Everything was shut down. It's not like they could have "dinner" plans that they then "cancelled" with a "Dont worry about us kids, I'm taking your mom to _____ for a really nice dinner". She would literally just be at home.

I think Denver only happened bc he was forced to try and get an alibi and maybe get rid of evidence (if he hadn't done that Sat night)
Yea, Im not up for a debate about the girls. We dont know what was 'suppose' to happen that day. Its 50/50 if/when they were expected back that day, and could have had plans to spend a different day celebrating with her, even thinking BM had the day covered. That day is all speculation and opinion aside from what BM said. I just stated my opinion about Monday, and again, I refuse to debate about the girls - because no matter if they were expected home or not, they are innocent and dont deserve to be judged either way. Jmho.

“Some days I would be in the chair next to her getting chemo. Suzanne was one of the nicest people I have met. She was always cheerful and had a great attitude about her cancer and life. She loved her daughters more than anything in this world and they loved her more than anything too. She would never just up and leave them, never!

Her daughters (one or both) would always be with her for her treatments. I saw Barry come in once, he was not overly friendly and seemed to be uncomfortable there. That is not unusual as it’s often hard for loved ones to be there.

Suzanne was so happy on the day of her last treatment. She was still coming in for maintenance treatments, but the chemo was done and she was doing great. She was supposed to come in for her maintenance the Monday after Mother’s day, but of course, did not show up. She was a bright light in this world. I really miss Suzanne and pray that justice is served.

FELLOW CANCER SURVIVOR
“You don’t just see beauty when Suzanne is around, you feel it”: Friends describe missing Chaffee County woman | FOX21 News Colorado

From your link :
I saw Barry come in once, he was not overly friendly and seemed to be uncomfortable there....
I really miss Suzanne and pray that justice is served.

As a sensitive, this really gave me the chills.
It just confirms what I feel.
MOO~ BeachSky

BBM:

BM is self-employed, and it appears that SM did not work outside the home.

I'm wondering about health insurance coverage.

Cancer treatments are not inexpensive.

That home they purchased in CO was also not inexpensive.

It sounds like the move to the (much more expensive) home and the cancer recurrence happened around the same time.

SM was due to come in for a maintenance treatment the Monday after MD.

Just some random thoughts swirling around.

JMO.
Interesting thoughts indeed, BUT more interesting is apparently her first go around with cancer was 20+ years ago. Once you get insurance under those conditions you don't let it go ever. I would imagine they were covered, they would have been foolish to let a policy go. Admittedly tricky to keep but doubt they were uninsured. IMO based on life experiences.

Yea, Im not up for a debate about the girls. We dont know what was 'suppose' to happen that day. Its 50/50 if/when they were expected back that day, and could have had plans to spend a different day celebrating with her, even thinking BM had the day covered. That day is all speculation and opinion aside from what BM said. I just stated my opinion about Monday, and again, I refuse to debate about the girls - because no matter if they were expected home or not, they are innocent and dont deserve to be judged either way. Jmho.

Right I dont think it's judgment if they spent a different day or whatever, but the fact is that regardless they wanted to speak to their mom on mother's day. It's not speculation that they were the ones who wanted to find her. I guess it's a moot point on whether they planned to come back that day and BM's statement doesn't really matter.

What does matter though is that it was Mothers day which is going to be more noticeable to be missing to her kids. Missing chemo on Monday isn't more likely to raise flags than the girls wanting to speak to their mom on mothers day. Chemo on Monday I think has very little to do with the timing of it all. Most of the time Drs offices will call and try to reschedule and just think you have some "chemo brain" and mixed up the dates. I just think chemo on Monday setting the stage as part of a plot to change the date of her disappearance is a big reach. Even if part of it came from BM.

The girls are still the ones who were concerned enough to get the neighbor to go see if their mom was home.

Family of missing Colorado mom Suzanne Morphew still holding out hope for her safe return | Daily Mail Onlinei

It was Suzanne and Barry's adult daughters, Mallory and Macy, who raised the alarm about her disappearance.

They contacted a neighbor when they couldn't get a hold of their mom when they returned from a camping trip in Idaho.

I dont get where you got Monday from because her kids were going to spend Mother's day with her. Surely they would notice their mom gone on Mother's day

Missing a very important appointment on Monday ADDS to the suspicious circumstances of SM disappearance along with SM missing contact with her daughters on Mother's Day, AND SM allegedly going on a bike ride but when her bike was located, she was not with it. And let's ADD that her vehicle was found at home so she didn't drive to her unknown location. And no calls from the abductor.

I can practically draft the affidavit for the second search warrant of her residence myself.

MOO

Right I dont think it's judgment if they spent a different day or whatever, but the fact is that regardless they wanted to speak to their mom on mother's day. It's not speculation that they were the ones who wanted to find her. I guess it's a moot point on whether they planned to come back that day and BM's statement doesn't really matter.

What does matter though is that it was Mothers day which is going to be more noticeable to be missing to her kids. Missing chemo on Monday isn't more likely to raise flags than the girls wanting to speak to their mom on mothers day. Chemo on Monday I think has very little to do with the timing of it all. Most of the time Drs offices will call and try to reschedule and just think you have some "chemo brain" and mixed up the dates. I just think chemo on Monday setting the stage as part of a plot to change the date of her disappearance is a big reach. Even if part of it came from BM.

The girls are still the ones who were concerned enough to get the neighbor to go see if their mom was home.

Family of missing Colorado mom Suzanne Morphew still holding out hope for her safe return | Daily Mail Onlinei

It was Suzanne and Barry's adult daughters, Mallory and Macy, who raised the alarm about her disappearance.

They contacted a neighbor when they couldn't get a hold of their mom when they returned from a camping trip in Idaho.
I dont disagree that they were the ones who called to check on her. And respect your opinion on the rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member