Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
What if Suzanne’s family knows that Suzanne is deceased? What if they know who caused her death? How would they benefit from a public appeal?

JMO
Someone might have remember seeing something odd around the time of the disappearance. Possibly a comment was made about the night before she went missing and now it seems suspicious . Most killers slip up and make mistakes. LE searched the home there’s a good chance evidence was found that points to who killed Suzanne. JMO

Dayum, tried to delete this as the OG post won't copy. *sigh*
That's o.k.
I was agreeing with your comment when it changed.... :p

Imo, was there was an article saying the a family member said LE told them not to talk ?
I'll check back on the media thread but iirc, there was possibly a brief blip from a reporter saying she'd been told this by 'someone who talked with a family member', said family member wished to remain anonymous.
Very roundabout if this even happened.
It's not likely.

Possibly misconstrued and highly doubtful LE would do this.
They usually encourage people to speak up.

The main reason that Suzanne's side of the family is silent is that they know already.
And I think we know why BM is mute.

Some of us here need to stop posting it as fact -- and repeating several times still does not make it a verified fact.
Which is why we let it be known we're speculating. :rolleyes:

Commit Crime; Avoid Violating Religious Principle?
Posts upthread discussed how some religions seem to foster members living in a rather insular manner from others in the community. That reminded me of an incident years ago that made big news in a small state capital city. A 45-ish y/o man was arrested for shoplifting a bottle of booze. How did that merit print and broadcast coverage?
Well, Dr. X was not only the state director of a state department
(ElHi education? iirc) and member of a religion prohibiting alcohol consumption, he was also a respected member of his congregation, a deacon/elder (or equiv), Sunday school teacher, etc. After the arrest, ppl said - wow, he feared a fellow parishioner seeing him buy liquor & spreading word about it, so he stole the booze instead paying?!? He was so focused on avoiding a blemish on his reputation in church, he committed a crime (albeit a relatively minor one), rather than paying, an he thought no one
would be the wiser, not the store, LE, or his fellow believers.

A parallel w this case? Thinking he'd get away w it, did a man kill his wife as better choice than divorce, viewed harshly if not forbidden by his religion? Did he think himself being beyond reproach or above suspicion? IDK. If true, so sad.
{{{ETA: Seems fellow congregants would find in easier in their hearts to forgive drinking alcohol or a divorce, more so than killing a human, esp'ly spouse. my2 cts}}

Especially a spouse thats gone through cancer treatments twice! It just feels extra cruel to do something to someone coming up from a terrible time and seeing the light. I mean it also might relate to the WHY, but it feels worse when I think of what a rough time she probably had going through cancer twice and then this is how it ends for her. It sucks

I am stunned that the neighbor claims that she does not remember which night it was. She stated something to the effect that ‘her memory is sharp but my hearing is going’. She knew it was on Mother’s Day weekend. She knew it was a huge news story and that LE conducted a large scale search of the property. I am not buying it, she knows which night she heard it.

IMO there are several reasons why she may have withheld this information.

Side note per LS interview;. “SM was seen later than we previously thought”.
Side note; “The neighbor saw a man and a woman”. If this is correct who was at the site?
Could've sworn that she said her eyesight is 'going' but that her hearing is perfect. Going to look again.
And, maybe she was told not to cite the date. I'm not so sure that LE didn't want her to 'leak' this, after all this time.
Just me prattling along.

That's o.k.
I was agreeing with your comment when it changed.... :p

Imo, was there was an article saying the a family member said LE told them not to talk ?
I'll check back on the media thread but iirc, there was possibly a brief blip from a reporter saying she'd been told this by 'someone who talked with a family member', said family member wished to remain anonymous.
Very roundabout if this even happened.
It's not likely.

Possibly misconstrued and highly doubtful LE would do this.
They usually encourage people to speak up.

The main reason that Suzanne's side of the family is silent is that they know already.

Some of us here need to stop posting it as fact -- and repeating several times still does not make it a verified fact.
Lauren Schraf said that SM's family were asked not to talk to media. It's here.

Ok? Fact or Opinion?

Did Lauren identify the fam member, either by name (even fist name like frankie?) or relation (like BM's aunt?)?
Just wondering.
No, she didn't mention anyone in particular. It was a conscious statement on her part that I personally took to mean more than one family member. She was directly answering a question that did not involve BM's family.

Someone might have remember seeing something odd around the time of the disappearance. Possibly a comment was made about the night before she went missing and now it seems suspicious . Most killers slip up and make mistakes. LE searched the home there’s a good chance evidence was found that points to who killed Suzanne. JMO

sorry, not sorry to bring up Gannon Stauch again, but his mom kept it up. The pressure from the public for LS to continue to face scrutiny in her private life absolutely helped that case. There are people who can't tolerate not being liked or admired and I think BM is one of those people. I think it just manifests differently for them. LS has too much ego to be disliked and hated and has to be right. So she took on every accusation with alternate facts. BM seems to like to maintain a certain image as well. Obviously we all do, but some people require more admiration than others and some people like to be RIGHT and if you say "oh well I don't believe that bc...... they will make sure to give you their "truth" which is usually a defense (and a lie).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member