FL FL - Leila Cavett, 21, of GA (son Kamdyn, 2, found wandering streets), Miramar, 27 July 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
A truck like that would stand out if it was parked somewhere in that neighborhood. I'm sure LE has scoured the streets and any public parking lots, strip malls or public garages in the vicinity.
Unless it's in a garage, the truck is simply not there imo.
So where is it?

I'm starting to consider that the child alone was taken and that something happened in Georgia as Hannah3015 above posted. Someone who the child knows or a woman involved who somehow entertained and took care of little Kam so he wouldn't be afraid. I don't know.
For what purpose Kam was taken....don't know either, nor how he came to wander on the street.

Or, the child was put out in the street, or at that gas station behind the apartments, and that Leila was forced to drive elsewhere, or they were both taken in another vehicle from Georgia. Gas station must have cameras right?

Just thinking aloud, it's a mystery and very alarming.

tbey said white Ford 350 w red tailgate

Hi cvaldez :)

The post below says Chevy 3500:

white Chevy 3500 (mid-to-late 90s model), with a maroon or red tailgate and a “Baby on Board” sign on the passenger window”.“

Is there a different vehicle description? (Still catching up but wanted to make note to make sure this was clear)
Bringing this forward to emphasize tailgate color:

“She was last seen driving a white Chevy 3500 (mid-to-late 90s model), with a maroon or red tailgate and a “Baby on Board” sign on the passenger window”.

*It must also be noted that this truck is at least 20 years old, per the above quote.

View attachment 257323

Miramar Police Department (Official)

Also note that the BABY ON BOARD sign is square and not triangle, and has the circular image above this text.

Can anyone make out what it says underneath “BABY ON BOARD”? Appears to be two lines of text, we can look tor exact replica of sign online for a higher resolution image.

Also, can someone please enlarge and post a zoomed screenshot of the sign? Tia. (Busy atm)

—-
eta:

This video says it’s a “BABY ON BOARD” sticker.

It’s a sign, right?

Last edited:
For some reason i do not recall that K was crying (does that change anything?) Did the truck stop long enough in the parking lot to let KC out, then take off again, did someone discreetly watch to see that KC was found by someone first? speculation, imo.
Police in Florida search for mother of boy found wandering alone
July 28 2020 rbbm.
''Cavett, according to her Facebook page, lives in Atlanta. Police said she was last seen driving a mid-to-late 90s white Chevy 3500, with a red tailgate and a “Baby on Board” sign on the passenger window.''

''During a news conference Monday, Ebony Williams told reporters she saw the little boy in the parking lot and figured the child's mother must be close by. She said she got out of her truck and heard him crying.

“I asked him ‘Where’s your mommy?’ and he just kind of pointed kind of everywhere,” Williams said.''

''She said he wasn't able to communicate, it was all baby talk.''

If your truck is a "new" truck, it is going to sit up quite a bit higher than this one. From this model on it seems the newer they got, the higher off the ground they got.
That might be true actually. I've owned many trucks thru the years tho and I've found them all difficult, especially with a toddler in a car seat and maneuvering the truck in parking lots. They're just awkward.

white Chevy 3500 (mid-to-late 90s model), with a maroon or red tailgate and a “Baby on Board” sign on the passenger window”.“

Is there a different vehicle description? (Still catching up but wanted to make note to make sure this was clear)
If something nefarious happened and this outstanding tailgate was on the car of suspicion and I thought they were looking for it, I would just take the tailgate off. Lots of trucks run around without a tailgate. And there's tons of white trucks.
jmo

That might be true actually. I've owned many trucks thru the years tho and I've found them all difficult, especially with a toddler in a car seat and maneuvering the truck in parking lots. They're just awkward.

I can totally understand that! All we have owned/own are big 3/4 ton and 1 ton diesel trucks. Raising 4 little boys, i can tell you that car seats have not always been a cake walk. Especially when there are multiple! I'm not that tall either, im only 5'7

Brooke Shafer
@BrookeShaferTV
1h

Leila Cavett’s sisters drove from Alabama to Miramar to speak with detectives. Their sister is missing and believed by police to be the mom of a 2-year-old found wandering alone on Sunday. They said Cavett lives in Georgia & has no reason to be in South Florida.
@CBSMiami

"We just want you home, I don't care what you did" ?????

Ran out of time on the below post / notes, etc. cont:

So, sister is coming in from Jasper, Alabama (Walker County), per source here:
Rsbm
Police searching for mother of boy found wandering alone
''Cavett’s sister, Gina Lewis, said in a Facebook post Monday that she’s seeking donations to travel from Jasper, Alabama, to Miramar to see the the boy, who she believes is her 2-year-old nephew.

“Please help me find my sister my heart is breaking,” Lewis wrote. “I cannot breathe.”

So, does she live in Georgia, or Walker County? If WC, does she live alone with child, mate, sister? Near her sister? A brother is also mentioned in prior post:
I think it's highly doubtful she came to FL to sell something.

I wonder about the truck. That's more of a work truck.not what a 20 year old mom would drive. I wonder if she got it from her brother when she was in Walker County. There's just so much unknown at this point.

from above:
“when she was in Walker county”
Could you please clarify this, thanks.

Original post part 1:
Just for double clarification, where was she currently living? The article said “is from Dawsonville #Georgia”, but is that for certain where she was last known to currently reside, or was that info pulled from, say a DL, for example? (Going back to check FB)

Eta: Her Facebook says “Current City: Atlanta, Ga.”

Going back to catch up, but wanted to make a quick note so as not to forget to clarify if she was currently living in Dawsonville or Atlanta, if we know where and when she was last seen, last known address, because the earlier mapping directions I posted were specifically from Dawsonville, and I wanted to make sure that was correct, and if not correct it.

—-

Okay, so Walker County has jurisdiction. So, this where she lives then and went missing from? Dawsonville is Dawson County, and is 59 miles from Atlanta. I’m not seeing Atlanta as part of Walker County.

eta:
Ok, so it’s Walker County, Alabama, not Georgia, the above article is wrong, which is what the poster was trying to explain earlier.

—-
So, this means then that I need to add alternate directions from Walker County, Alabama to Miramar, Florida.

This is all confusing.

—-

Per google, distance from Walker County, Alabama to Miramar, Fl:

12 h 7 min(840.5 mi)
via I-75 S and Florida's Turnpike

—-

Where exactly in Walker County, Alabama? Jasper? Isn’t this where her sister is coming in from?
Insert source

Last edited:

hi there!!!

Catching up but is there any info on what “work” she was doing that she suddenly needed an SUV (considerably different than a 3500 dually IMO) to “haul” items?

Could Leila have found or been offered a job in/near Miramar and that’s why she and her son had unexpectedly traveled there? What would she be hauling that she thought an SUV would be big enough - to me that indicates very different items than a BIG pickup. I understand maybe the pickup just happened to be what she found/could afford and obviously if what she needed to haul would fit in an SUV it would clearly fit in a dually.

Just haven’t seen what her employment situation was. Sounds like something came up quickly where maybe she needed the larger vehicle to “get” the job?

All MOO

According to google maps it’s a 10hr journey by car from Gainesville GA to Miramar FL (I chose Gainesville based on the FB selling page she was using). I know it isn’t always wise to say “if it were me I would have” as no two people are the same, but I don’t think I’d be making a 20hr round trip without telling anybody, especially with my young son in tow. Was she going somewhere and didn’t want anyone to find out? I’m not implying she was doing anything wrong per se, there could be many reasons why she didn’t want anyone to know. Or maybe quite the opposite as I suggested earlier, maybe SHE never went to FL. JMO.

The family statement regarding not caring what she’s done and just wanting her home seems strange. Wouldn’t “we just want you home” be enough? It tells me they believe that she has been involved in something questionable. Regardless, I hope she is found safe very soon for the sake of this poor little guy.

Well geeeeez, it's not like we here at WS are going to read anything into that statement!

(sarcasm)
I'll go first, what do they think she might have done?

Perhaps related to the Failure to Appear.

ETA: I've reinstated 2 posts that relate to the FTA. (Sorry, I don't know why I removed them in the first place.)

FL - FL - Leila Cavett, 20 of GA (son Kamdyn, 2, found wandering streets), Miramar, 27 July 2020

FL - FL - Leila Cavett, 20 of GA (son Kamdyn, 2, found wandering streets), Miramar, 27 July 2020

Last edited:

Brooke Shafer
@BrookeShaferTV
1h

Leila Cavett’s sisters drove from Alabama to Miramar to speak with detectives. Their sister is missing and believed by police to be the mom of a 2-year-old found wandering alone on Sunday. They said Cavett lives in Georgia & has no reason to be in South Florida.
@CBSMiami

So they’re saying here she lives in Georgia.

Why does Walker County Alabama have jurisdiction then?

I’m all confused.

Is this a reporting error also?

Can somebody please clarify all this? Tia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther