Recovered/Located CT - Robert Hoagland, 50, Newtown, 28 Jul 2013

I'm just not seeing much likeness there. It's been awhile, so don't guess it panned out.

The teeth are opposite, the facial features are opposites.

(Just doing some midnight hopping around some of these disappeareds.)

Bradley Edward Shaw was last seen by his family in Calgary on Sept. 2, 2015, and reported missing a few weeks later.

His remains were found in a rural area near Slave Lake on Oct. 6, 2018. At the time, investigators didn’t know the remains were Shaw’s.

The man was not Hoagy . Ironically his episode re aired on ID a couple days ago .

I just watched his Disappeared episode, and what immediately came to mind was a sort of spooked voluntary disappearance after the confrontation with Max’s associates.

An apparent friend of Chris’s posted on reddit that the family feels certain he left voluntarily. The same friend also said that the town is small enough that if Max’s drug issues had caused or contributed to the disappearance, they would’ve heard the rumors about it.

Obviously they know the place better than I, who doesn’t know it at all. But it just seems really coincidental that Max is arrested and Hoagy goes missing on the same day.

Maybe it’s far fetched but I just can’t help but wonder if the associates threatened or even blackmailed him and he felt that to either protect himself and/or the rest of the family, he had to leave. Leaving wallet, passport, etc behind would actually make sense in that case, so they wouldn’t be able to trace him. Basically like a self-made witness protection program. The friend really seemed to downplay the drug scene in Newtown as not terribly serious, but honestly you just never know when it comes to illicit activities and drug dealers, even ones that seem “low level”

I just checked in on Robert's case. I think the teeth look so close on the possible match. Any word on the status?

Last edited:
Arrest Warrant

At about 9 am on November 28, 2018 police arrested Maxtone Hoagland, 29, of Sandy Hook on a warrant, charging him with third-degree larceny, which is a felony. The charge stems from an October 21 complaint alleging that Hoagland had stolen some items, according to police.

• Newtown Bee

Just watched this case on Disappeared: I think he walked away: he did once before- perhaps when he gets so stressed he cannot handle it, he leaves. Of course this is pure speculation. There is nothing on his Facebook page since 2014 which is weird.

They frequently re-air his episode . At almost 8 years , I think it reaffirms that he did not leave willingly . The guy got bagels and wore loafers . He was no Navy Seal.

The most likely scenario is something nefarious happened with criminals Max associated with .

Bumping for Hoagie. If I were family I'd not assume he just left. I'd keep looking. But they've their reasons, I suppose. Among them that I understand he did it before (wemt missing-but returned). It seems I read something where he was actually spotted but now I can't find it. Until it's confirmed, he is missing 8 years now.

I think people confuse Robert Hoagland who disappeared with Richard who ran away and popped up under an alias and with a new family. I don't believe Robert disappeared of his own free will. I think either he confronted his son over his drugs or his son's associates and one in the group or more is responsible for what happened to him. So sad.

I think people confuse Robert Hoagland who disappeared with Richard who ran away and popped up under an alias and with a new family. I don't believe Robert disappeared of his own free will. I think either he confronted his son over his drugs or his son's associates and one in the group or more is responsible for what happened to him. So sad.

thank you for the clarification. I personally have gotten the 2 confused before and I think it’s easy to do. I do believe Robert had also taken off in the past tho as well but eventually returned. Correct?

Missing in Connecticut

21356_117038.jpg

• Robert Hoagland of Newtown – Last seen July 28, 2013 at 50 years old
    • Robert was last seen at a gas station filling up his VW Gulf and purchasing a map of the eastern half of the United States. He returned home and his car and two other vehicles were found at the home, but he was not there. Robert’s phone and wallet were found at the home.

Did you listen to Obsessed with Disappeared? Lol.

Missing in Connecticut

21356_117038.jpg

• Robert Hoagland of Newtown – Last seen July 28, 2013 at 50 years old
    • Robert was last seen at a gas station filling up his VW Gulf and purchasing a map of the eastern half of the United States. He returned home and his car and two other vehicles were found at the home, but he was not there. Robert’s phone and wallet were found at the home.

Interesting thought. It's been a while since I saw the Disappeared episode and read up on the case, but did the drug-addicted son have an alibi for the day of Robert's disappearance?

The fact that RH had disappeared (albeit briefly) before and that he had a program on his computer to wipe his browsing history clean makes me think he had secrets and was thus at risk for running away. Plus he withdrew $600 shortly before he went missing. So maybe he had been planning to take off during his wife's vacation all along. What a horrible thing to do if that's the case.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back