Found Deceased PA - Linda Stoltzfoos, 18, Bird-in-Hand, Lancaster County, 21 June 2020 *kidnapping arrest* #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I entered 3104 Harvest Rd. The address of Harvest Structures. It's the aerial view on Google Earth. When I zoomed in, there is a red vehicle behind the building. I can't tell what make or model it is. I don't know if anyone can including LE. I wondered if it is JS car. I would have to know the date the picture was taken to determine if it could possibly be JS car. Anyone else notice it ?

Is that the same photo that looks to have a white van-type vehicle parked about 25 feet behind it? If so, that burgundy colored vehicle looks like a long vehicle of some sort, definitely not JS's car. Is that the photo you mean?

My Google Earth map image does not show a red car - it's dated 2020.
I see you have no red car or vehicle. I just went back on it and red car or vehicle is there. I don't see a date on mine. I don't know how to send link to show you what I see. That's strange TwoBlueJays.
Is that the same photo that looks to have a white van-type vehicle parked about 25 feet behind it? If so, that burgundy colored vehicle looks like a long vehicle of some sort, definitely not JS's car. Is that the photo you mean?
Yes, that's it with white van. Red vehicle looks like mini van from up high but can't be sure of it.

Last edited:
I see you have no red car or vehicle. I just went back on it and red car or vehicle is there. I don't see a date on mine. I don't know how to send link to show you what I see. That's strange TwoBlueJays.

Yes, that's it with white van. Red vehicle looks like mini van frm up high but can't be sure of it.
It's on Google earth, not mapquest I think.

If Linda comes out of this alive, I'm going to be shocked. I'm very surprised that she wasn't found yet. Maybe I'm being too optimistic, but signs of being injured doesn't necessarily equal being dead. The thing is, if she was alive when he got arrested and he didn't have any help, then she's not alive anymore. I find it really strange that they weren't able to find her yet.

If Linda comes out of this alive, I'm going to be shocked. I'm very surprised that she wasn't found yet. Maybe I'm being too optimistic, but signs of being injured doesn't necessarily equal being dead. The thing is, if she was alive when he got arrested and he didn't have any help, then she's not alive anymore. I find it really strange that they weren't able to find her yet.

It does seem strange, when did he first come to the police's attention? didn't they make the link to his vehicle on the same day they arrested him?

I love your tender heart @iFish. You said plenty of meaningful things in your post; You are praying for Linda. You are thinking about her family. And, in situations like this, words of comfort are difficult to find. Sending a greeting card with that ^ message (and knowing you care), would be a comfort to her family. One can never have too much support in situations like these, and your message would be welcomed. :)

Lloyd and Susie Stoltzfoos (and Family)
P.O. Box 121
Intercourse, PA 17534

thank you for posting this
I wonder if the mods would be able to add this to an opening post for easy reference
flagging my post to inquire

It does seem strange, when did he first come to the police's attention? didn't they make the link to his vehicle on the same day they arrested him?
LE only was able to view the surveillance video with JS and Linda a few days before his arrest, which gave them the license plate number. Only then (so the public has been told) did he come to light and the dots connected. However, there may be other evidence that the public is not privy to.

Sadly, I'd be amazed, too, if Linda is found alive. Yet, miracles never cease. How many of us thought Jayme Closs would eventually surface alive? And, we found out after the fact, that LE had NO clue about any of her story, except the basic fact that she was abducted.

Don’t want to upset any fellow posters but I think JS acted out a fantasy killing many years in the making. If I were the authorities, I would try interviewing past cell mates. He might have revealed exactly how he would have acted out his plan and possibly hinted to the ideal disposal location.
MOO IMO

Last edited:
As it turned out, the truck fire happened on Charlestown Rd.; inside were 2 deceased men who had been shot. A warrant has been issued for the man responsible. This is not related to Linda Stoltzfoos case.

Yes. That was established several pages ago. My original post (quoted by you) was indicating the Coroner van, Investigators, and Emergency services personnel were not related to Linda's case. I believe some of the posts may have been removed when a poster asked if the thread was about Linda, or local news stories? ;)

I don't know how to send link to show you what I see.

RSBM

Are you able to take a screen shot of the photo (or page)? If so, you can either
(1) Reply to a post or (2) begin a new message and use the "Upload a File" button underneath the message box. This will allow you to insert the photo directly into your message. :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-07-30-22-13-22_kindlephoto-2062506.png
    Screenshot_2020-07-30-22-13-22_kindlephoto-2062506.png
    60 KB · Views: 24
thank you for posting this
I wonder if the mods would be able to add this to an opening post for easy reference
flagging my post to inquire

Just to be clear- the address (P.O. Box) is NOT a personal address belonging to Linda's immediate family members (which is a violation of TOS). This P.O. box has been established by Linda's Aunt (who created and runs "Amish Girl Missing" FB page), to protect the family (victims) from being overwhelmed with mail. The address is also listed in one of the local news articles- but I lost the link to it. Did anyone else save it? I failed to include it in my original post. :(

Flagging moderators with this information. :)

The address is referenced here:

Amish Girl Missing - Linda Stoltzfoos

Linda is still missing.
At this time the large organized searches for Linda are postponed until farther notice from authorities to resume directed searches in specific areas.

Thank you so much to everyone who has sent letters and cards of encouragement and support to the family. Your prayers and support have made a profound impact on the family. As the Amish refrain from using the internet or cell phones, snail mail holds a very special place in their hearts.
The family says thank you for the support and love received from all across the country and globe.

We continue to welcome your prayers and letters of love and support.

Mailing Address:

Stoltzfoos Family
P.O. Box 121
Intercourse PA. 17534-0121

Don’t want to upset any fellow posters but I think JS acted out a fantasy killing many years in the making. If I were the authorities, I would try interviewing past cell mates. He might have revealed exactly how he would have acted out his plan and possibly hinted to the ideal disposal location.
MOO IMO
I agree that this was probably something he’d thought about doing and then he acted when the opportunity presented itself. I wonder if a specifically Amish victim was part of the plan.

His previous robbery crimes were largely businesses owned and staffed by Plain people. Coincidental, just because that’s what was available when he needed money? Practical, in that the common wisdom is that Amish don’t resist, might not call police, might ask LE and the courts to go easy on charging/sentencing? Or personal, in that he got something out of causing fear, harm, or loss to members of the Plain community?

I am in Ronks today and headed past the Harvest Road location while out running errands (love my Zook’s Pot Pies ). Can’t stress enough how bizarre and stupid it is that JS kept coming out to this business. It is totally exposed. Hiding anything here is objectively ridiculous, especially with that red car in the lot sticking out like a sore thumb. He crossed train tracks to bury the clothing in a thin strip of trees, plainly visible from Harvest Drive (and passing trains, and the farmer who owns the land, and the neighboring businesses, etc.). No wonder he got spotted. No one would hide anything there unless there was no other option. It’s not indicative of a plan, but of desperation.

Last edited:
Torbs, it is a strange place, isn’t it? When I drove by, which actually was driving though the parking lot like a dope, I saw a line of bikes outside, indicating to me that a lot of the workers are Old Order Mennonite. Maybe when the bikes were gone, he thought it was safe to lurk about. He may have assumed they didn’t have cameras there. Maybe he thought the few finished sheds sitting around might have offered shelter for his plans.

Until I saw the place in person, I thought it was some large property that backed up to woods or something. I was a little surprised to see how close the train tracks were to the back of the building and that it was a little strip of a place. Just a weird choice for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddph