Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *Arrests* #50

Status
Not open for further replies.
It must be so hard for the family only hearing about new details from a prelim trial, i understand why LE have to hold things back but for a family member it must be so frustrating feeling like you deserve to know everything because its your family that were killed. I can't imagine how i would feel if somebody in my family was killed and the police knew more than they were telling me.

The video of the proceedings is pretty good as they pan from witnesses to occasionally the defendent and others.

I wish they would show us the exhibits themselves as they point to and talk about the exhibits. Im not sure why that is not shown more. Once its submitted as evidence it seems to me that the video could include it unless there is graphic things. So far it sounds like the exhibit is not a graphic one and it would be nice to be able to see Exhibit #22.
BBM. That's because at the beginning the court has requested that the media not video or take photos of any of the exhibits entered into evidence. You'll notice occasionally as an exhibit is entered in sometimes the prosecutor will request that it be "published," in which case I believe the audio portion can be recorded and broadcast by the media, but still no photographic or video of the exhibits. JMO.

Crud. I had to take an important phone call and missed everything after he describes the 1st layer of JJs grave. Can anyone give me a synopsis of what I missed, pretty please?

Chad sounds extremely timid and unconfident. I am amazed he was ever able to influence anybody.
He sounds like a six year old, because he realizes that stuff just got real. LE knows much more than he and Lori ever imagined. The real world has smashed their crazy fantasy world to bits. None of his stupid BS is going to get them out of this!

The video of the proceedings is pretty good as they pan from witnesses to occasionally the defendent and others.

I wish they would show us the exhibits themselves as they point to and talk about the exhibits. Im not sure why that is not shown more. Once its submitted as evidence it seems to me that the video could include it unless there is graphic things. So far it sounds like the exhibit is not a graphic one and it would be nice to be able to see Exhibit #22.
Potential jurors cannot see evidence before it is presented to them

Someone mentioned public speaking up thread. Rob Wood could benefit. His timbre is monotone and talks way too fast. It results in an uninspiring direct even if his points are convincing. His associate was far more articulate and interesting. He should be reframing questions instead of being repetitive with the same lines over and over. He says “then what” and “after that” more than Prior says “honestly”. Wood might be a better CEO type prosector instead of leading the questioning guy.

Crud. I had to take an important phone call and missed everything after he describes the 1st layer of JJs grave. Can anyone give me a synopsis of what I missed, pretty please?
He finished describing each layer, noting there was deliberation in the way the stones and the thin boards were placed. He described using a razor blade to cut through first the black plastic then the white which revealed human hair. He ordered his team to complete the excavation, and the body s turned over to the coroner.
Then they move back to the pet burial area, where he has an anthropologist assigned. They unearth two(?) animals. They have a backhoe remove ~2 feet of soil in a 10x10 area. They find two vertebrae which the anthropologist cannot immediately identify as human.

Last edited:
He has his team move a little further north from the 10 by 10 area. IIRC the backhoe uncovers a pelvic bone. He smells the distinct smell of human decay and orders his team to go back to hand tools.
They find a green plastic bucket with a mixture of dismembered body parts, some burnt, some pink with tissue still clinging. To the side of the bucket are a skull, and a mandible next to that.

from memory; surveyed the area. Could tell there was a burr surrounded by dense vegetaton. On top the the burr the vegetation was less pronounced. Took away the top layer to get a better lay of the land and to confirm that the area looked like a grave. Removed next layer to reveal stones peaking through the dirt. Stones laid in an organised manner (e.g. by human hand). Stones removed to reveal board. I hope I didn't forget anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Loveland