Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we know whether the personal object was found along an actual bike trail or along the road? Moo

I have the same question and have not seen an answer. There is a trailhead right there.

If both the bike and the personal item were found along roads, rather than bike trails, it’s all the more suspicious to me.

MOO

And the crime labs may have been slow due to covid. Would it be unusual for the FEDS to search and not local LE? Moo
I was under an impression that FBI was there to assist and would not seek a warrant unless evidence of a federal crime was uncovered which in this case could be kidnapping or maybe transport a body across state lines. MOO.

Bc the mountain lion ate the duck. Can’t you just see the feathers hanging out of the cat’s mouth?
Winter comes early in the mountains. I hope SM is found before long.

Is it possible her body is in a location in a direction opposite of search efforts? For example, if searches were conducted along the route to Denver, or where the items were located, is there a totally different direction that she could have been taken? I’m thinking outside of the box: Someplace other than the obvious. I’m leaning towards private land recently visited by BM. Perhaps it was used to hunt by BM and friends. If the area had been hunted several times and the hunters were familiar with the topography, it’s been searched, more than likely. But what if it is an area that was hunted once? Or perhaps the acreage had been for sale while the family was deciding on their new home? BM may have made a mental note of the homesite/ranch/ for sale area for future use, whether development or nefarious reasons. A random killer would not have had elaborate hiding, burying, or disposing plans. Her remains should have been discovered by now. So, what area(s) has/have not been searched?

Did he have an accomplice?

Yes!
My suspicion:

1) the land where he plans to build mom’s house. Directly on SM’s body.

2) when he met TD, he might have been replacing the body on day 1. So on day 2, he was probably walking TD away from the body.

MOO

***Heads-Up***

The Profiling Evil guys are doing another live right now on their YT Channel with Fox reporter LS talking about SM in light of it being the big day, i.e., BM & SM's Wedding Anniversary:

There is some intriguing speculative discussion in this episode, especially related to LE's actions, including the searches of the home, LE's activities in the home, including collection and marking of evidence, their tight-lipped silence, etc.

Pretty good case analysis…they're asking a lot of the exact same questions that we've been asking here from the very beginning of the case.

JMO.

Last edited:
To me the place the bike was found looks like the last place a person could fling a bike off the road without being visible from Hwy 50.
MOO means an abductor or a family member capable.
MOO also means there was an exit onto 50 by a vehicle with a perpetrator.

If an abduction took place right where the bike was, found, MOO it indicates stalking or planning even if just a few minutes.

There are limited roads out of the intersection of 50 and 225. They searched up 224. But along these rural highways I beleive someone somewhere always has a camera on their frontage.
I assume sheriff or support agencies started on the 11th to eliminate all vehicles they can on these roads for a 4 day period.

We know the police don't stop investigating nor publicize after finding one piece of damning evidence. Whether it is a domestic or stranger crime. They continue to amass what they hope will be an overwhelming amount of evidence of the crime.
I am attaching a map that shows the Morphew home, the route you would take to the spot where BM said the bike was found, and the approximate location of where the bike was found.
If, in fact, the bike was staged, I would presume it was done under cover of darkness. If the person staging the bike drove the route I have marked, as he turned right off Puma Path and started up 225, he would have a long fairly straight road behind him. He would be able to detect the headlights of any cars approaching from his rear. As he took the next right on 225 just below the intersection with Hwy 50, he would likewise see if there were any cars approaching from the front. If he pulled over at approximately where I have marked the spot where the bike was allegedly found, his vehicle would be on the same side of the road. He could quickly get the bike out of the back of his vehicle and hurl it down the incline. He would not be seen from Hwy 50. Furthermore, if this was done in the wee hours, there would be next to no traffic anywhere in this area. If so inclined, the “stager” could continue on and throw a personal out by the side of the road somewhere just west of the intersection of 50 & 225.
This is a hypothetical theory as to how the bike may have been staged. It is MOO.
ETA “allegedly” as to the where the bike was found.

Attachments

• A8768A35-66B5-4D1B-A5DB-51FD22CE55D6.jpeg
    A8768A35-66B5-4D1B-A5DB-51FD22CE55D6.jpeg
    317.4 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
I am attaching a map that shows the Morphew home, the route you would take to the spot where BM said the bike was found, and the approximate location of where the bike was found.
If, in fact, the bike was staged, I would presume it was done under cover of darkness. If the person staging the bike drove the route I have marked, as he turned right off Puma Path and started up 225, he would have a long fairly straight road behind him. He would be able to detect the headlights of any cars approaching from his rear. As he took the next right on 225 just below the intersection with Hwy 50, he would likewise see if there were any cars approaching from the front. If he pulled over at approximately where I have marked the spot where the bike was found, his vehicle would be on the same side of the road. He could quickly get the bike out of the back of his vehicle and hurl it down the incline. He would not be seen from Hwy 50. Furthermore, if this was done in the wee hours, there would be next to no traffic anywhere in this area. If so inclined, the “stager” could continue on and throw a personal out by the side of the road somewhere just west of the intersection of 50 & 225.
This is a hypothetical theory as to how the bike may have been staged. It is MOO.
If staged, why risk driving. If you knew the area well you could just walk the bike in the dark. No? Just another thought......

It really is a state-specific question. The rules you posted about being the homeowner vs. being a non-homeowner are correct general guides.

Here in Indiana, officers will knock on the door & walk around the perimeter to ensure that they don't see anything that creates an exigent circumstance (bleeding person, sounds of fighting). It would be very strange here for an officer to kick in a door based on a phonecall from a non-homeowner; officers know that such an action could get them shot by a startled homeowner.

I agree @lamlawindy. It is state by state, but also case by case. For example, the neighbor of an elderly person hasn’t seen her neighbor in a couple of days and notices the mail/newspapers haven’t been taken in. Although the neighbor isn’t a relative or the homeowner, I think the courts would have no problem with LE forcefully entering this home. (I’m sure they would walk the perimeter first, peer in windows, and also quickly try to determine if there was a nearby relative they could check with.)

I have the same question and have not seen an answer. There is a trailhead right there.

If both the bike and the personal item were found along roads, rather than bike trails, it’s all the more suspicious to me.

MOO

MOO

Yes, if the personal item wasn't found along a bike trail, it would seem to be planted by someone, thinking that would point to the route that an abductor took. Moo

If staged, why risk driving. If you knew the area well you could just walk the bike in the dark. No? Just another thought......
I suppose you could, @PaulaDC. However, if it were me, I would feel much more exposed walking a bike along the road and I think people would be much more likely to remember seeing someone doing this. You could throw the bike in the back of a pickup and cover it with a tarp to be less noticeable. I think you would want to put some distance between the bike and the house and this spot had the advantage of the steep slope and no visibility from HWY 50. I still believe the location was chosen to be found fairly easily during a search, but not “in your face” or too soon.

My Cliff Notes from PE video above.

Lauren talked to the fire chief. BM is going to training every week, has not gone on any call outs. Says BM is "having a hard time".

Spoke to gym mgr who says BM has returned for workouts.

Lauren has not been able to confirm anyone seeing Suzanne on a bike ride that Sunday morning.

TODAY is their anniversary.

PE guy says, if BM has time for gym & FF training, he has time to organize a community search. Even Scott Peterson did that much.

Thinks BM should be or is under surveillance (I wasn't clear on exactly what he said) because his behavior is causing a lot of red flags.

Lauren irritated by BM telling Tyson that the media was bothering him vs media helping him find his wife. Esp after video plea where he says he'll do anything but he then won't talk to media

Thinks his reward offer needs to be restructured or used for actually searching for Suzanne

Edit for clarity

If, in fact, the bike was staged, I would presume it was done under cover of darkness. If the person staging the bike drove the route I have marked, as he turned right off Puma Path and started up 225, he would have a long fairly straight road behind him. He would be able to detect the headlights of any cars approaching from his rear. As he took the next right on 225 just below the intersection with Hwy 50, he would likewise see if there were any cars approaching from the front. If he pulled over at approximately where I have marked the spot where the bike was allegedly found, his vehicle would be on the same side of the road. He could quickly get the bike out of the back of his vehicle and hurl it down the incline. He would not be seen from Hwy 50. Furthermore, if this was done in the wee hours, there would be next to no traffic anywhere in this area. If so inclined, the “stager” could continue on and throw a personal out by the side of the road somewhere just west of the intersection of 50 & 225.
ETA “allegedly” as to the where the bike was found.

I like this theory. Looks like the perfect spot to toss the bike. Unseen from the highway, maybe unseen from all neighbor homes as well. I picture a slow drive to the spot with headlights turned off. Would he have been worried about his foot prints? How to fix that? Could have taken less than a minute.
And cameras? I think someone living there would have figured out if there were cameras and where they were. But if a mistake was made and a truck without headlights on was seen by a camera? Wow. Would he already have been arrested?
No way to know, yet.....
Moo

My Cliff Notes from PE video above.

Lauren talked to the fire chief. BM is going to training every week, has not gone on any call outs. Says BM is "having a hard time".

Spoke to gym mgr who says BM has returned for workouts.

Lauren has not been able to confirm anyone seeing Suzanne on a bike ride that Sunday morning.

TODAY is their anniversary.

PE guy says, if BM has time for gym & FF training, he has time to organize a community search. Even Scott Peterson did that much.

Thinks BM should be or is under surveillance (I wasn't clear on exactly what he said) because his behavior is causing a lot of red flags.

Lauren irritated by BM telling Tyson that the media was bothering him vs media helping him find his wife. Esp after video plea where he says he'll do anything but he then won't talk to media

Thinks his reward offer needs to be restructured or used for actually searching for Suzanne

Edit for clarity
Thanks You MrsWatson. I am most appreciative of the notes.

One other thing to note from the PE video: They all commented on the absolute silence from LE. Very unusual, LS has never seen a case like that, where LE continues to say part of ongoing investigation to everything.

I like this theory. Looks like the perfect spot to toss the bike. Unseen from the highway, maybe unseen from all neighbor homes as well. I picture a slow drive to the spot with headlights turned off. Would he have been worried about his foot prints? How to fix that? Could have taken less than a minute.
And cameras? I think someone living there would have figured out if there were cameras and where they were. But if a mistake was made and a truck without headlights on was seen by a camera? Wow. Would he already have been arrested?
No way to know, yet.....
Moo
And he knows the road well enough to be comfortable driving without headlights. I’m not sure about the footprints. The road looks like a kind of hard packed dirt/gravel. If it was fairly dry, you may not even see any prints. BM mentioned that it rained later and that would hide the mountain lion tracks, and he was upset the LE vehicles and searchers may have obliterated human tracks.
Personally, if it was him, I think he was thrilled with all the searchers and vehicles disturbing all the prints. He could dramatically voice his anger to TD as he thought it unlikely that traces of him and/or his truck were or would be found. MOO

Physics. What's the arc of a bike, thrown from the bed of a truck? Solves one problem, protecting the thrower from leaving footprints and tire tracks, but creates another problem: no bike tracks, no sign that biker was biking. That's a big problem.

How would YOU go about explaining the lack of tracks if YOU were in the hotseat? Me, I think I'd have to double down, swear the tracks WERE there, but LE itself must have obliterated the tracks (that were never there).

And then I'd probably feign indignation.

Because without bike tracks leaving the road, you can't sell a bike ride well.

JMOJMOJMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member