Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *Arrests* #50

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry to prolong the raccoon controversy, but I thought I'd add my thoughts on it. MOO, but the raccoon was just an attempt at a believable cover story to explain to Tammy why there was disturbed ground. I've read a lot of people, in a lot of places, questioning why one would shoot a raccoon that was just walking around in the day, but:

1) there's a common perception that only sick/rabid raccoons come out during the day, as they are primarily nocturnal animals (really, though, there can be other reasons that they might be out during daylight), and
2) raccoons can be major pests on a farm or homestead or anywhere, really. Tammy had ducks. Raccoons can harass or kill ducks, or steal their eggs or eat their feed.

I can imagine that maybe Chad and Tammy had previously had the "ugh, raccoons are getting in the duck coop" conversation before, and thus, this text message both proves him heroic to his duck-keeping wife and provides an explanation for a grave-like area in the pet cemetery. And yes, if my husband shot a raccoon on our farm, he'd probably haul it out to the woods to decay. BUT, if he shot a raccoon on the Daybells' 4 acres, what else do you do with a dead critter to keep other critters from flocking to the carcass, but bury it?

All MOO and no, it still doesn't explain why Prior was so fixated on this fictional trash panda.

That was sometime back and referred to MOO.........if bonded out.

They are charged with conspiracy so MOO, they are allowed to have lawyers pass info and work together MOO

And of course, they both had MM when children were found... so both could have protection of atty/client during that time also (benefit of both retaining MM)
While I do not know the law, I did hear the judge order them not to talk with one another. I did not hear him rescind that order.

That was sometime back and referred to MOO.........if bonded out.

They are charged with conspiracy so MOO, they are allowed to have lawyers pass info and work together MOO

And of course, they both had MM when children were found... so both could have protection of atty/client during that time also (benefit of both retaining MM)
While I do not know the law, I did hear the judge order them not to talk with one another. I did not hear him rescind that order.
I believe that was a condition if they secured bond. Did that change?
not to my knowledge.

I wonder if Chad's feeling was all warm and fuzzy when he looked at the wedding ring that Lori purchased for him two weeks before his wife died using Charles' credit card. How special.

That brings up another thing that I dont think we ever got any real proof of. Or did we.

Was there ever a formal marriage certificate ever issued to CD and LV in Hawaii?

If so, then isnt there a rule that a husband or wife does not have to testify against the other? Or does that rule only apply for certain types of cases like murder cases?

This is very important IMO because if there is not one, then I think one side could supeona the other side to testify in their own trial.
Even if they are a hostile witness, one side may force the other side to testify by supeona.

I suspect there was never a marriage certificate issued because why would CD's lawyer ask that everyone reference Lori as LV and not use the Daybell name? Isnt that what happened in the preliminary we just had?
I want to see that marriage certificate. lol

Sorry for all the questions. This case is so confusing. lol

Last edited:
Larry Woodcock raised his hands in celebration. He promises to do the same thing next week after Lori Vallow's preliminary hearing.

my sense is she has a deal. And, in turn, LE helped her make the call to Chad and Lori that she recorded...
Not that Melani. I mean MP, the niece.

well obviously my reply was not to that poster. I do not know what happened. It was in reply to someone confusing my previous post, thinking I was talking about MG. Instead I was speaking of MP.

Last edited:
@wenwe4 a question regarding LDS practices. Can CD's children get "unsealed" from CD? And can they get a posthumous temple divorce for Tammy from CD?

This is very important for folks who truly believe in the LDS faith, as Tammy is "sealed" to CD for "time and eternity". A horrible fate if CD killed TD.
I would not be worried about those beliefs. God has the final say. He is not unjust.

Possibly "my attorney" not "Marty Harding". "My attorney" would be Means, at that time.

"So you talked to him already?" is what she said, but she pronounced it like "arready".

Edited out hanging quote.
That brings up another thing that I dont think we ever got any real proof of. Or did we.

Was there ever a formal marriage certificate ever issued to CD and LV in Hawaii?

If so, then isnt there a rule that a husband or wife does not have to testify against the other? Or does that rule only apply for certain types of cases like murder cases?

This is very important IMO because if there is not one, then I think one side could supeona the other side to testify in their own trial.
Even if they are a hostile witness, one side may force the other side to testify by supeona.

I suspect there was never a marriage certificate issued because why would CD's lawyer ask that LV not use the Daybell name? Isnt that what happened in the preliminary we just had?

I can’t look back, but I did hear it in the prelim. Certificate of marriage was mentioned. My feeling was it was an FBI guy that mentioned it. Maybe someone else will remember where and link. But yes, they were married and certificate shown or mentioned in court.

Can you please provide a link? This has been discussed quite a bit here and I'm not saying you're wrong. I just do not recall hearing that stated outside of the conditions if they were released.
I’m sorry. I can’t. I stated that from memory. I remembered it being ordered that the two defendants involved in the charge of conspiracy cannot communicate. I guess I could go back to that hearing, either Lori’s or Chad’s, I don’t remember.

I am not trying to start an argument. It just seems that two people who are involved in burying two minor children and likely involved in their murders and who are jailed cannot be allowed to discuss the case.
JMO right now.

I am wondering if the hole was dug with machinery. I don’t see Chad using a shovel, but maybe. Maybe that’s why, the machinery was on his property. Total guess.

I can’t look back, but I did hear it in the prelim. Certificate of marriage was mentioned. My feeling was it was an FBI guy that mentioned it. Maybe someone else will remember where and link. But yes, they were married and certificate shown or mentioned in court.
Yes there was testimony in the hearing that detectives obtained the certificate of marriage in Hawaii.

I suspect there was never a marriage certificate issued because why would CD's lawyer ask that everyone reference Lori as LV and not use the Daybell name? Isnt that what happened in the preliminary we just had?

Hi Hatfield,
There is a certificate of marriage. Detective testified to it during Chad’s preliminary.

Yes there was testimony in the hearing that detectives obtained the certificate of marriage in Hawaii.

Thanks. Somehow I missed that discussion in the hearing. At least that is cleared up.

It may become important if murder charges are filed because I believe there is a rule one married person does not have to testify against the other.

It was listed as one of the exhibits we were not allowed to see.

I’m sorry. I can’t. I stated that from memory. I remembered it being ordered that the two defendants involved in the charge of conspiracy cannot communicate. I guess I could go back to that hearing, either Lori’s or Chad’s, I don’t remember.

I am not trying to start an argument. It just seems that two people who are involved in burying two minor children and likely involved in their murders and who are jailed cannot be allowed to discuss the case.
JMO right now.

I'm not looking to argue either as I think it's insane if there is any possibility that they could. However, the statements that have been made by the judge in what I can recall and what others have posted has been as a condition should they bond out. We have not been able to get clarity on it to my knowledge so if you come across something, please let me know. Thanks!

Thanks. Somehow I missed that discussion in the hearing. At least that is cleared up.

It may become important if murder charges are filed because I believe there is a rule one married person does not have to testify against the other.
They were not married when this happened so it wouldn't apply IMO.

Ha! I needed that.

definitely a big smile!!! Our private joke here!
I’m wondering if you all would agree about another observation I made.

During the phone call between Chad and Lori, he sounds terrified. She sounds calm and happy. I’m starting to believe she is so psychotic she will never be the one to confess. But it sounds like Chad might break.

So does anyone think Lori may turn on Chad and blame everything on Alex and Chad?

Seriously, she may be scouting for her sixth husband about now.

We have seen the "worried Chaddie" / "chatty Lori" role playing a number of times. Just their psychology. I feel sure Lori convinced Means she HAD to call him to give him love, love love...before he was arrested. Seems rather normal and casual to me..given human behavior--even for them.

Crazy, huh? And Lori professes that the Lord has her back, per the taped phone call between her Chad, and Melanie Gibb. Boggles the mind. MOO.
I just read the transcript. Lori is beyond self righteous and smug. Chad barely says a word other than to lie about how Tammy was getting weaker by the day. He blames his sister-in-law for coming up with conspiracy theories. Chad and Lori were in their own little world where anyone who didn’t follow the script was a dark force perpetrating evil on them. Two sickos who found each other.

Full transcript of Lori Daybell secret phone call recording

Not that Melani. I mean MP, the niece.

well obviously my reply was not to that poster. I do not know what happened. It was in reply to someone confusing my previous post, thinking I was talking about MG. Instead I was speaking of MP.
I think you meant me. I thought you were referring to MP (Melani P). She hadn't been charged with anything. She possibly lied to reporters but I don't remember her interacting with LE like MG in regards to JJ and Tylee.

Can you please provide a link? This has been discussed quite a bit here and I'm not saying you're wrong. I just do not recall hearing that stated outside of the conditions if they were released.
I believe it was one of the last things the judge confirmed at the end of the hearing yesterday. I just read the post today so will look for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member