Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *Arrests* #50

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, being the cynic that I am, I have to question why she came forward. Did she think that there is so much evidence showing her culpability and knowledge of the crime that she just came forward to cover her own behind? Or, did she feel a sudden pang of conscience all of a sudden? Don't get me wrong, I'm totally glad that she did come forward? That said; if she had come forward earlier, maybe JJ could have been saved. That's all I'm going to say about her right now until I hear what she knew, when she knew it as well as any other details during the trial. JMO

I think that Melanie can read a calendar as well as any of us, and knew that there'd have been emails, texts, plane tickets, and eyewitnesses that could place her at Lori's house on Sept 22. It wouldn't take police long to figure out that she was one of the last people to see JJ alive, so if she didn't come forward with what she knew right away, it would have looked even worse for her later.

-MOO-

Have to agree with your sentiments.
Maybe she is dumb. Sorry. Not really.
Most of us could figure it out. Just saying.

<modsnip: discussing MG's children is not allowed>

That said, I wish someone close to MG would counsel her about this and advise her to keep her public statements short and focused on the tragedy of the murdered children rather than on what her witness testimony did or didn't do for her personally.

Finally, I am grateful that she ultimately came forward and tried as best she could to make things right and that she appeals to those who might be recalcitrant in giving up Chad as some kind of savior-prophet. Who knows what some others may have to offer that they've been holding back.

Last edited by a moderator:
I so agree with this. The woman is guilty of being terribly naive, but it's thanks to her candor and willingness to put herself out there that we know as much as we do. She could have taken the Silence road...I'm sure she knew a ton of people would judge her for her nutty ideas but she came forward anyway. The reaction to her choice might cause others to think twice.

JMO
Candor and willingness ? I politely disagree.
First off, if it wasnt for LE trying to get ahold of her we are not sure whether she would have volunteered any information.

Secondly, she did initially lie to LE and finally came around. But we do not know if her reasons were for self protection or just out of the kindness of her heart and concern for the kids? My guess is it was for self protection so she would not go to jail along with them.

To me, at least initially, it seemed like pulling teeth to get her to come forward and be on the right side of the law.

I think that Melanie can read a calendar as well as any of us, and knew that there'd have been emails, texts, plane tickets, and eyewitnesses that could place her at Lori's house on Sept 22. It wouldn't take police long to figure out that she was one of the last people to see JJ alive, so if she didn't come forward with what she knew right away, it would have looked even worse for her later.

-MOO-
Don’t forget DW was with her.

That said, I wish someone close to MG would counsel her about this and advise her to keep her public statements short and focused on the tragedy of the murdered children rather than on what her witness testimony did or didn't do for her personally.

Finally, I am grateful that she ultimately came forward and tried as best she could to make things right and that she appeals to those who might be recalcitrant in giving up Chad as some kind of savior-prophet. Who knows what some others may have to offer that they've been holding back.
If true, I hope they come forward for trial. It’s been quiet.

I don't think they will. Though still curious, as to why he did not wear his wedding ring????

They are all each other have in the whole world.

As we all gather here together chit chatting in total freedom, they have n-o-t-h-i-n-g......
I’m pretty sure jewelry is confiscated when you’re booked into the county jail.

It is hard to get a handle on how many AVOW and PAP people are out there.

Quote snipped for focus.

There are a lot. If you cruise around social media you will find pictures of PAP meetings with hundreds of attendees. There are so many that I find the notion that Chad operated in an isolated bubble of just seven people to be statistically far-fetched. My skepticism of this premise is reinforced by events such as the attempt on BB, which I do not see as being within the ability of the core group to either plan or execute. I am not going to speculate about the nature or membership of any potential collection of sympathizers or supporters of Chad, but I will note that a traditional contact diagram will, as usual, be illuminating.

News about Lori maybe facing charges in Charles death in AZ is wonderful. AZ has the death penalty. Would be awesome if evidence was found that she pulled the trigger.
And maybe the United States could give her some time in a federal prison for fraud for using the kids’ SS monies for her new lifestyle.

I’m in total agreement with you. Amber Alerts were out for those two children immediately after they left Arizona last Fall. She lives in Gilbert, and it went nationwide! I don’t understand how she could not have missed them (the alerts or the kids).

MG published a book last year with the same title as the Feel the Fire podcast done on Sep 22nd 2019 at LV’s townhome with DW as their guest. It may have something to do with her wanting to do interviews. CD’s podcast on Sep 6th 2019 about “Sharing Jesus’ Love” is unbelievable considering what happened.
MOO
You may want to review the timeline, or even just the first post of the thread. This case didn't go national or even the alert sent out for the kids until the last week of December, weeks after she went to police and months after they left Arizona.

You have a good heart and I won’t argue with you because you come across as being fair minded and kind hearted. I’m not there yet with MG.

Yeah, she definitely needs counseling.

My guess is that CD wanted as much control as possible and where better to have that than his own backyard. There, no stranger was going to be walking their dog that would dig up an area up that smelled odd and discover remains. To get on that property, a dog would have to get through a fence and a person would need to be invited or have probable cause to obtain a search warrant.

Chad and Lori thought they were in the clear throughout October and most of November, until that late November welfare check occurred. And then, once MG supported the lie (at least temporarily), they thought they were in the clear again during their Thanksgiving trip to California with Chad's children. It was only after MG contacted Chad and Lori on Dec 8 that they knew (or should have known) the proverbial s*** was going to hit the fan.

So right, we have had to remember, from time to time, to "be in their shoes" until the welfare check.
They really did think they were invincible. Joe R, attempt on BB, Charles, the kids, Tammy... what could go wrong.

One single Kay Woodcock, thats what. FOREVER, we must praise her graces and fortitude............

News about Lori maybe facing charges in Charles death in AZ is wonderful. AZ has the death penalty. Would be awesome if evidence was found that she pulled the trigger.
And maybe the United States could give her some time in a federal prison for fraud for using the kids’ SS monies for her new lifestyle.
Did Chandler investigators confiscate and retain the handgun used in CV's shooting?

BBM
Going back to the original poster on this theory....that it maybe a person/family member in the sealed warrant. “Could it be Zulema? We haven't heard boo from/about her.”

@Sticksandspades ...Good point! I’ve wondered why so mum on Zulema considering she was married to a key player and nothing on her. So hoping she can blow this case open and truth just tumbles out in the biggest Perry Mason moment ever!

You may want to review the timeline, or even just the first post of the thread. This case didn't go national or even the alert sent out for the kids until the last week of December, weeks after she went to police and months after they left Arizona.

Thanks for this.. those amber alert comments were very confusing....

Well, being the cynic that I am, I have to question why she came forward. Did she think that there is so much evidence showing her culpability and knowledge of the crime that she just came forward to cover her own behind? Or, did she feel a sudden pang of conscience all of a sudden? Don't get me wrong, I'm totally glad that she did come forward? That said; if she had come forward earlier, maybe JJ could have been saved. That's all I'm going to say about her right now until I hear what she knew, when she knew it as well as any other details during the trial. JMO
Others have commented before me that MG would not have been taken seriously if she reported (to whom?) that JJ was being called a zombie on that September weekend. Besides that, by the time she and DW left, JJ was dead.

Hope you are correct. I don’t know her. So I’m not giving her the benefit of the doubt right now. I think her smug appearance on TV is for herself. This is about four dead people who should be alive.
I didn't think that she was smug. I think that she was nervous that the defense was going to try to delve into her outlandish beliefs and possibly cause a problem for her with the LDS Church.

I think that the prosecution was extremely careful as to what doors they would open with their specific questions and specific omissions.

She probably feels embarrassed and upset that she was being used by these two people that she considered friends. I know that I would be enraged. If she hadn't recorded their conversation, they could very well have pulled her into the disappearance and ultimate murder(s).

So right, we have had to remember, from time to time, to "be in their shoes" until the welfare check.
They really did think they were invincible. Joe R, attempt on BB, Charles, the kids... what could go wrong.

One single Kay Woodcock, thats what. FOREVER, we must praise her graces and fortitude............
Amen to that. And to her husband, Larry, as well. He seems very astute about when to exercise the grace and when to exercise the fortitude. I've been very impressed with Kay and Larry's ability to extend forgiveness for lapses that might have delayed justice but that will ultimately contribute toward it, but to remain resolved to see justice through for those truly responsible for the murders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500