Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *Arrests* #51

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will look and try to find it. Way back when the kids were first discovered missing Chandler PD indicated the case was still open only because of the missing kids, which never made any sense to me. It was then that they said they found CVs death was self defense and they were not recommending prosecution.

I’m not great at searching so if anyone else gets their hands on that statement before me, feel free to link it. Thanks!
Thanks for the general tip about the timing. I'll be looking too and if I find it first, I'll speak up.

Would you mind pointing me toward the source of the original recommendation that there be no prosecution? Perhaps I started following this too late to have seen it. I was only aware that investigators kept saying the investigation was ongoing.

Was the investigation stopped and no prosecution recommended in summer 2019 and then it was reopened once the activities in Rexburg surfaced?

This isn’t the one that says they didn’t recommend prosecution, but it contains much of the same gist as the article I’m recalling. I’ll keep looking, but in the meantime:

Inside the mysterious case of 3 deaths, 2 missing children and a terrified husband

Vallow was pronounced dead at the scene. No charges were filed against Cox.

Detective Seth Tyler, of the Chandler Police Department, told ABC News on Wednesday that the case is being looked at as self-defense. It remains open in an effort to help with the missing children's investigation.

The horrific "overkill" body desecration of Tylee's body is really going to nail CD. Especially with an Idaho jury.

There is no way that type of burning and dismemberment could have happened on his property without his knowledge.

I totally agree.
I like the word "Egregious" as its sometimes used in legal aspects and cases. It fits in this case and especially for Tylee's dismemberment and burning of her remains.

"In a legal context, the term egregious refers to actions or behaviors that are staggeringly bad, or obviously wrong, beyond any reasonable degree. The term is commonly used to describe conduct of a person, whether a party to a legal action, an attorney or other legal professional, or the court. Egregious behavior may take into account the legality, as well as the morality of a person’s conduct, and is brought to the court’s attention to either bring an end to the person’s actions, or to justify a party’s request for increased damages."

Egregious - Definition, Examples, Cases, Processes

JMO
One of my main beefs with MG is she continues to "fib" and downplay her knowledge of the events from watching all her interviews. It started back with the very first interview we saw her make with the media and it has continued. Not outright lies but definitely stretching the truth about how much she knew what was happening around her.

I am thankful she is cooperating now and will be a key witness but she needs to be totally honest and testify honestly with the truth and nothing but the truth, and not pretend she was oblivious to what was going on around her.

We can totally forgive her for being duped by those two fools but she needs to own that, admit that, and admit to herself that is what happened rather than trying to continue to stretch the truth which is what she is doing in some of the interviews.

That is where I am struggling with her. She needs to be very careful to testify 100% honestly or it will hurt the case. She did good in Chad's preliminary hearing. Hopefully she will do fine during the real trials too.
All JMO of course.
I'm not going to bad mouth that woman--not that you have. She was deep into a cult. She needs professional help. I hope she is getting it. It's going to take some time for her to realize just how much damage that did to her and to take responsibility for it.

Thanks for that article.

It sounds like its just a matter of time now before more serious charges are filed against LV. I suspect LE has phone recordings or text messages where they have LV conspiring to have Charles killed. That would be enough to warrant the charges.

"Arizona police are looking to submit new charges, as early as December, against Lori Vallow Daybell in connection to the death of her estranged husband Charles Vallow."

"Sgt. Jason A. McClimans with the Chandler Police Department confirmed to 2News on Thursday that "if and when they go over to the Maricopa County Attorney's Office, one [charge] will be conspiracy to commit murder.""

"McClimans said the date when charges could be handed over to the Maricopa County Attorney's Office is flexible. "We are in no rush at this time," he said, adding that subpoenas are out in the case and investigators are sifting through more than 100,000 pieces of digital data."

Police to submit charges against Lori Vallow Daybell in estranged husband's death

The horrific "overkill" body desecration of Tylee's body is really going to nail CD. Especially with an Idaho jury.

There is no way that type of burning and dismemberment could have happened on his property without his knowledge.

This just has to be correct. All of this would have been noticed by any homeowner that was home at the time, it's crazy to think it wouldn't be.

CD is toast.

JMO
One of my main beefs with MG is she continues to "fib" and downplay her knowledge of the events from watching all her interviews. It started back with the very first interview we saw her make with the media and it has continued. Not outright lies but definitely stretching the truth about how much she knew what was happening around her.

I am thankful she is cooperating now and will be a key witness but she needs to be totally honest and testify honestly with the truth and nothing but the truth, and not pretend she was oblivious to what was going on around her.

We can totally forgive her for being duped by those two fools but she needs to own that, admit that, and admit to herself that is what happened rather than trying to continue to stretch the truth which is what she is doing in some of the interviews.

That is where I am struggling with her. She needs to be very careful to testify 100% honestly or it will hurt the case. She did good in Chad's preliminary hearing. Hopefully she will do fine during the real trials too.
All JMO of course.

I'm curious how you know she is stretching the truth or not being completely honest? Can you share a source? Because I don't think we actually know how much she knew. Yes, she lied. Who hasn't TBH? I don't think we can assume she actually knew these kids were dead. The only people who knew that are sitting in jail.

<snipped>
In one of the short video spots I viewed of a conference or large meeting which featured Chad as speaker, he said something to the effect of, "and now I'm going to tell you all something that you can take back to your wards and tell those who are mocking you for your participation here,"

This mention of wards made me think of Chad's dark/light list where he says most bishops are on the scale of 5+ light, IIRC.

Pretty funny in "light" of RW having been a bishop. Wonder what Chad and Lori think of THAT!

First time poster, long time reader. I've been thinking about the service dog and how Lori gave him back to the trainer. If I was on a jury, that alone would be strong evidence that JJ wasn't coming home. I hope the trainer is called to testify.
Also, my impression of Lori is that she is very similar to Susan Smith. Remember her? She killed her babies because she wanted to be with her child hating lover. Chad had older kids and I doubt he wanted an autistic child and a teenager getting in the way of his exciting new life with his bimbo bride. Just my thoughts for now!

Thanks for that article.

It sounds like its just a matter of time now before more serious charges are filed against LV. I suspect LE has phone recordings or text messages where they have LV conspiring to have Charles killed. That would be enough to warrant the charges.

"Arizona police are looking to submit new charges, as early as December, against Lori Vallow Daybell in connection to the death of her estranged husband Charles Vallow."

"Sgt. Jason A. McClimans with the Chandler Police Department confirmed to 2News on Thursday that "if and when they go over to the Maricopa County Attorney's Office, one [charge] will be conspiracy to commit murder.""

"McClimans said the date when charges could be handed over to the Maricopa County Attorney's Office is flexible. "We are in no rush at this time," he said, adding that subpoenas are out in the case and investigators are sifting through more than 100,000 pieces of digital data."

Police to submit charges against Lori Vallow Daybell in estranged husband's death
Your welcome! Now hopefully Tammy’s autopsy results come in!! ;-)

I'm curious how you know she is stretching the truth or not being completely honest? Can you share a source? Because I don't think we actually know how much she knew. Yes, she lied. Who hasn't TBH? I don't think we can assume she actually knew these kids were dead. The only people who knew that are sitting in jail.

I gave one example already earlier during her taped phone call and its mainly my opinion how I am interpreting her from watching all her interviews and I did include JMO.

Im ready to move on and drop it because enough has been said and I am thankful for her cooperation now as I mentioned.

Like others said, I will try to focus on the real two criminals unless more charges come down on someone else.

Even if CV did swing the bat (imo that’s a lie), then AC would have been knocked down and unconscious (CV played ball and did you see how fit he was compared to AC). Not to mention, when I was in 4th grade I had a friend who played baseball and was in a coma for weeks and needed a metal plate because he was hit with a baseball bat during warmups. If a 4th grader can cause that kind of damage then I couldn’t imagine what a fit adult could do.

I’ll have to rewatch the footage of the police offer going through the home again. But I didn’t see much sign of a struggle and I don’t recall seeing any splatter.

All jmo moo

Hmm...4th grade, a very dangerous year it seems.

I myself was hit in the head with a wooden ball bat when I was in the 4th grade. I was playing "catcher" and the batter, another girl, casually turned around with the bat hanging over her shoulder and it thonked me in the middle of the forehead. Not at all intentional on her part.

But it did immediately raise a huge goose-egg in the middle of my forehead. It did not knock me out, or cause me to bleed, but it was just a very minimal swing. They had me lay on a couch in the teacher's lounge for the rest of the afternoon. I would have rather gone home. It seemed to me that I could feel where that bump was many months later.

It always made me think that Alex must have already had some bumps on the back of his head there. Why wasn't he asked if he needed to go be checked out at the hospital for a possible concussion?

I wonder if I might ask a question for @vislaw or for other attorneys posting or reading here:

When does a case go beyond "conspiracy" (involving a few or several parties) and become a potential "RICO" case?
[...removed for focus ...]

Perhaps there is no point in going to the RICO laws when the laws relating to conspiracy are adequate to capture all the individuals specifically aware they were participating in crimes, but would the RICO laws provide LE any investigative tools they don't currently have available to them?

RICO requires proof an "enterprise" organized to commit any of a list of federal and state crimes. It famously was used to convict the leaders of Mafia families who otherwise kept their hands clean and delegated the dirty work to underlings. In this case I believe there would be obstacles to proving the elements of a RICO crime. For one thing, it would be difficult to prove the existence of a an organized enterprise committed to the purpose of racketeering. The Supreme Court has determined that an "association-in-fact-enterprise" for the purpose of RICO must have at least three structural features: 1) A purpose; 2) relationships among those associated with the enterprise and, 3) longevity sufficient to permit the associates to pursue the enterprise's criminal purpose. I can see how an argument could be made here and it would certainly be a great law school exam question. However, it looks to me like the evidence known so far would be a bit thin to support a RICO enterprise extending beyond Chad and Lori. Moreover, with respect to Lori and Chad there would be no advantage to making a RICO claim as there is plenty of evidence of conspiracy that ties them to the acts in question without needing to rely on an "enterprise" theory (IMHO).

Agree wholeheartedly. I have backed out of this thread several times because of the crucifixion of MG, the derogatory comments about attorneys in CD's prelim and a slew of other accusations and judgments. I love this site for the commentary, but this stuff does nothing to help a case...nothing.
That’s your opinion. And you are entitled to your opinion.

Not everyone on this thread, or any thread, will share your opinion.

One thing I hadn't connected until this morning, but which is now definitely bugging me:

Dec 8 - LV & MG have a phone conversation in which LV learns that AxC has been saying more than he ought to about what's happened to JJ.

Dec 12 - (FOUR days later) AxC is found dead.
I caught that too. I’ve felt all along that LD or ZP murdered him in a way to make it look like natural causes and to give him an embolism. I don’t know how much that will be investigated. If they can tie a chemical used on Tammy and Alex, that would be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ohm1004