Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *Arrests* #51

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chad texted Tammy that day saying he had started a fire to burn the "limb debris" and while doing so he shot and buried a raccoon in the pet cemetery. This is the first reported instance of a fire in the fire pit and it comes from Chad himself. Now why in the world would he feel the need to report to his wife about burning a fire in the fire pit that morning unless there would be evidence of an actual fire? MOO.
I have a theory about this and I don't think it will be popular.

I do not think that Chad knew of any plan to kill Tylee. I suspect that either Alex or Lori turned up with Tylees body and he was in too deep to refuse. At that time, IMO, Tammy was Chads 'safe place' and IMO the text he sent Tammy was so out of the ordinary, it conveys his shock at what had happened. He needed to touch base with something real, to make sense of it (or not).

If you think about it logically, there was no reason to text Tammy at all. Chad didn't need to text her about the Racoon, nor burning the tree limbs and by the account of the FBI agent, this text and the content of it, was out of the ordinary. If Chad was normally Mr Chatty via text, then there would be similar text content on the phone.

What I don't understand, is the need to burn Tylee. I wonder who thought of that?

I've had many fires in fire pits when I lived on very similar property as CD. As far as stirring, you don't need to dig anything up again to stir. One reason to stir the fire is to gather any unburnt sticks, twigs, log ends, etc back into the middle of the fire to get it all burnt. It can be done with a rake while the fire is still smoldering or upon subsequent fires. There was certainly a possibility that certain parts could have easily and inadverently been moved around at some time or another.

The vertebrae parts were found buried but not very deep so they could have been moved. Besides, being smaller and surely charred, it could be difficult to differentiate them from wood pieces and he may not have noticed them within the debris. The mass of bones, tissue and bucket were deeper, thus not likely to be moved around.

I've had large bonfires when I had a lot to burn and many, many small fires, no bigger than a campfire to clean up smaller fallen debris. As far as timing, the neighbors may not have seen all the fires that went on. Perhaps there were smaller and less conspicuous fires at some point. Anything is possible.

MOO

I see you have experience in burning dead trees and brush like I do and I just now thought of something that may explain the partially burnt remains.

Most of us know by now it is very difficult to burn a body and get it reduced to all ash without an extremely hot fire which burns for a very long time. If CD, LV, or Alex had tried it, they would have quickly realized how difficult it is to get things reduced all the way to ash.

But one thing that I just realized is the
"partially melted bucket".

There is a cardinal rule when you do open burning and are near other homes. You dont burn plastics!

The terrible smelling toxic black smoke that comes from burning plastics makes you never do it again. Not just so you dont annoy the neighbors but you cant hardly stand the toxic smoke yourself when burning. I am very careful to make sure there is no plastic or foreign material when I burn a brush pile.

So if the geniuses did not know about how thick black toxic smoke comes up from a plastic bucket, they would quickly find out and begin to get paranoid that others in the neighborhood could come by to complain about it. So they may have put the fire out with a hose and just bury the rest.

JMO and some thoughts about the burned plastic bucket that may have contributed to why the remains were not fully burned more.

One thing I have thought of is to prevent rigor mortis, where the jaw draws open. But I do tend to think he was subdued and suffocated.
Yes, I hadn't thought of that. But what about the singular piece across the mouth? Why bind the arms that way?

Idaho needs to foot the bill for several additional lawyers for DA for the case, not supplying a first class prosecution for Tylee and JJ sake would forever shame Idaho.
The coroner, a trained EMT who allowed Tammy unexplained death to slide into the past without required questions already suggests a deep corruption in their system.
MOO justice and Mormonism should not be incompatible.
It is my understanding that Idaho did not require the coroner to do an autopsy. And the coroner in Tammys county had no experience. Add to that, she knew the Daybell family. I don’t see that as corruption. I see it as total incompetence.

IF Tammy was declared a zombie yet after her death she "visited" her children and "helped" them from the other side of the veil (paraphrasing Chad), then she was rehabilitated. In contrast, Charles was never deemed a good guy after his death and we don't know what Lori's stance on her kids is now.
"Welcome to the Church of the Firstborn where everything's made up and the points don't matter." MOO.

I know this question comes a little late after the hearing but I was just watching a clip from a Court TV episode. The lawyers and journalists on the show (Vinny Politan, Ashley Banfield and Ted Rowlands) all believe Chad is going to blame all these deaths and conspiracies on Lori and he is going to throw her under the bus.

What are your opinions? I felt sure they would be tried together and plead not guilty all the way.
I don't know but I would think a divorce might help him if that were the case.

He still loved her so much on the day they unearthed the children's remains behind his house and didn't sound at all curious as to what this huge operation was about, or what they might be digging for.

The narrative I've picked up on so far is that -

He knew Alex better than he knew Lori - to account for Alex's cell phone pings at his house, why Chad was at the apartments so much, what he said to the officers.
MG is lying about them having an affair.
Alex didn't kill the children or come over to bury them - he loved JJ.
MG didn't like the children.
Anything DW heard about zombies was related to Chad's fiction writing because DW is hard of hearing.

Goodness knows what he will come up with for the burials - they were buried when Chad wasn't there - maybe when he was in Hawaii - perhaps DW buried them for MG when the neighbors saw the first bonfires?

All complete speculation of course

It was an older case about a guy named Lou Castro who convinced a mom of 2 young daughters, one 10 and one 17 years old, to join a commune in Wichita KS. He then systematically offed all the commune members by arranged "accidents" and slept with the young girls in order to keep his "visions" coming.

Not verbatim but it was my takeaway. His murders were pool drowning, car fell on mechanic, plane crash, car crash, etc.

Angel’s Landing Cult Leader Lou Castro Was Sentenced to Life in Prison | Heavy.com
NBC has an app that lets you watch the show. I watched it last night.

I do not think that Chad knew of any plan to kill Tylee. I suspect that either Alex or Lori turned up with Tylees body and he was in too deep to refuse. At that time, IMO, Tammy was Chads 'safe place' and IMO the text he sent Tammy was so out of the ordinary, it conveys his shock at what had happened. He needed to touch base with something real, to make sense of it (or not).

If you think about it logically, there was no reason to text Tammy at all. Chad didn't need to text her about the Racoon, nor burning the tree limbs and by the account of the FBI agent, this text and the content of it, was out of the ordinary. If Chad was normally Mr Chatty via text, then there would be similar text content on the phone.

What I don't understand, is the need to burn Tylee. I wonder who thought of that?

To me, there was a very good reason to text Tammy. He and his family had no history of burns on his yard. If a neighbor mentioned it to her, she may go out to her pet cemetery and investigate.

She loved animals and her sister said that was Tammys pet cemetery. Maybe she didn’t really want any raccoons buried there, much less burned with limbs.

So what if she goes out there to investigate and smells decomposing human flesh?

The Nissan Rogue has an oval logo emblem on the front of the grill. I could easily see an officer seeing that from a distance and mistaking it for Subaru's oval logo emblem with the little stars inside, especially since a Rogue is about the same size as an Outback or Forester.
Nissan logos aren't oval, they are round and have the word Nissan across them. I know because we are a 3 Nissan family.

I don't know but I would think a divorce might help him if that were the case.

He still loved her so much on the day they unearthed the children's remains behind his house and didn't sound at all curious as to what this huge operation was about, or what they might be digging for.

The narrative I've picked up on so far is that -

He knew Alex better than he knew Lori - to account for Alex's cell phone pings at his house, why Chad was at the apartments so much, what he said to the officers.
MG is lying about them having an affair.
Alex didn't kill the children or come over to bury them - he loved JJ.
MG didn't like the children.
Anything DW heard about zombies was related to Chad's fiction writing because DW is hard of hearing.

Goodness knows what he will come up with for the burials - they were buried when Chad wasn't there - maybe when he was in Hawaii - perhaps DW buried them for MG when the neighbors saw the first bonfires?

All complete speculation of course
Good post. For a minute, I thought you were serious! Lol. I’m slow today.

That is exactly what I was thinking about the need for a safe harbor, Tammy! His need to confess, he needed her goodness.

IMO I have thought from the beginning that why Tylee was burned was to destroy DNA evidence and obliterate any way of identification. An attempt at a cremation performed by someone with no experience.

To me, there was a very good reason to text Tammy. He and his family had no history of burns on his yard. If a neighbor mentioned it to her, she may go out to her pet cemetery and investigate.

She loved animals and her sister said that was Tammys pet cemetery. Maybe she didn’t really want any raccoons buried there, much less burned with limbs.

So what if she goes out there to investigate and smells decomposing human flesh?
So what did they burn in the fire pit? They had been there for some years, so must have had fires before (unless of course they had five years worth of tree limbs?).
I think my point is, if he didn't say, Tammy would not have known. If a neighbour did mention it at some point, she could have asked Chad then.

because DW testimony undermined MGs in some respects and therefore helpful to the defence.

My whole issue with DW testimony is he obviously could not hear the questioning. He was behind plexiglass and had some listening device. He needed headphones. I have no problem with him, but under the circumstances his testimony needs to be laid aside or he needs special accommodations to testify . . . like a private session with attorneys present. Jmo

I go through similar with my mother allll the time. She "thinks it sounds like" so answers. I put out more fires on her behalf lol.

Last edited:
It is my understanding that Idaho did not require the coroner to do an autopsy. And the coroner in Tammys county had no experience. Add to that, she knew the Daybell family. I don’t see that as corruption. I see it as total incompetence.

Idaho - Coroner/ME Laws | CDC

Excerpt:

"What types of deaths are required to be investigated?
(1) When a county coroner is informed that a person has died, the county coroner shall investigate that death if:

(a) The death occurred as a result of violence, whether apparently by homicide, suicide or by accident;

(b) The death occurred under suspicious or unknown circumstances; or

(c) The death is of a stillborn child or any child if there is a reasonable articulable suspicion to believe that the death occurred without a known medical disease to account for the stillbirth or child’s death.

(2) If a death occurs that is not attended by a physician and the cause of death cannot be certified by a physician, the coroner must refer the investigation of the death to the sheriff of the county or the chief of police of the city in which the incident causing the death occurred or, if such county or city is unknown, to the sheriff or chief of police of the county or city where the body was found. The investigation shall be the responsibility of the sheriff or chief of police .
Idaho Code Ann. § 19-4301.

What types of deaths are required to be autopsied?
The coroner may, in the performance of his duties under this chapter, summon a person authorized to practice medicine and surgery in the state of Idaho to inspect the body and give a professional opinion as to the cause of death. The coroner or the prosecuting attorney may order an autopsy performed if it is deemed necessary accurately and scientifically to determine the cause of death. Idaho Code Ann.
§ 19-4301B."
So an unexpained death is referred to the Sheriff, as a possible crime to be investigated.
Sheriffs are not qualified to render an opinion on an unexplained medical cause of a death so they would need to call in a medical examiner upon the referral.

The corruption is the collusion to suppress the code procedure for call in a qualified medical doctor explained death between two public officers, the coroner and sheriff, apparently to with the aim to please "Brother Daybell."

The Coroner or the Sheriff did not follow their procedure.

Last edited:
Here’s my take on what may have happened fwiw. Sorry, graphic.

I think AxC showed up at CD’s after TD went to work... CD and AxC had this planned. AxC pulled his truck up to the fire pit blocking any visibility from the street. The two of them unloaded TR’s body into the fire pit. (I am still unsure if she was dismembered prior, but am leaning that maybe the fire dismembered her and they used the shovel to break her up while burning) As far as that green bucket goes, I think CD was running out of time, so he decided to start gathering her remains to bury. I think he retrieved a green bucket from the garage and started shoveling some of her burned remains into it, which melted some of the plastic.

As far as that raccoon text to TD... it was two fold. He wanted to explain a recent burn and disturbed earth as well as he wanted to also check on her timing... no surprise visits. When she didn’t reply at the end until two hours later, that’s when he started to panic and started burying TR’s burned remains.

moo

Probable cause, pg 7 #20... for raccoon text timeshttps://coi.isc.idaho.gov/docs/case/CR22-20-755/Affidavit of Probable Cause.pdf

My whole issue with DW testimony is he obviously could not hear the questioning. He was behind plexiglass and had some listening device. He needed headphones. I have no problem with him, but under the circumstances his testimony needs to be laid aside or he needs special accommodations to testify . . . like a private session with attorneys present. Jmo

Prior didn't help him out any either. Nobody could hear Prior.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa