Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #25

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it hard to believe that a mistress would not know he was married. He was actively posting about his wife on the internet and how great she was before she went missing. There are many photos of him with his wedding ring on-even if he didn’t wear it in a potential mistress’ presence, he would surely have a tan cheater mark on his ring finger, with as much time as he spends outdoors. For him, I think it’s more about being in control of the narrative. If he isn’t big man on campus that everyone adores, he takes his ball and goes home.

Absolutely agree a mistress would know he was married.But he probably spun the age old tale of his wife not understanding him.

@JosieMae
@EggSalad
I don't disagree but why so far away and on the highway? I've been leaning toward not staged due to the distance from the bike and not being on the bike trail itself. Love to hear your thoughts.
Do you believe that the bike was planted but the unnamed article was not planted?

BBM
Jewellery aside for a minute.

A mistress who didn’t know he was married could explain another mysterious action on BM’s part. That is, his insistence on remaining anonymous when the reward was announced and the Gimme fund was launched.

Previously the only rationale I could think of for that was that it was part of his movie-fantasy need to project himself as mega-rich and mega-important.
Very interesting thought on remaining anonymous. I wonder what would come about if LE used a family photo. Sometimes names and faces dont click right away.

BBM
Jewellery aside for a minute.

A mistress who didn’t know he was married could explain another mysterious action on BM’s part. That is, his insistence on remaining anonymous when the reward was announced and the Gimme fund was launched.

Previously the only rationale I could think of for that was that it was part of his movie-fantasy need to project himself as mega-rich and mega-important.

For whatever reason, I believe the husband was controlling the narrative (if not also controlling TN) from day one.

Police have not ruled out foul play in search for missing Colorado woman as husband offers $100,000 reward [VIDEO]

May 13, 2020

As a massive search continues for the missing mother, a family member told CBS4 that Morphew’s husband, who has not been publicly identified, has offered a $100,000 for information about his wife’s disappearance. A ******** campaign is also raising money for a search effort, though it is not clear if that effort is in coordination with the search launched by the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office, which reportedly involves more than 100 personnel and tracking dogs provided by the Department of Corrections.

Family offers $200k reward for missing woman’s ‘safe return, no questions asked’

May 14, 2020

Noel said Suzanne’s husband put out a reward of $100,000 and a family friend has matched the amount, totaling $200,000 for her safe return. [..]
Noel declined to comment if Suzanne had children or who she lived with. No further details were provided. [..] A ******** page has been created to support the family and search efforts.

ETA: family spokesperson, TN, BM's nephew, initial contact with media was on 5/13, and went dark effective 5/17 or since BM released his FB video plea for SM.

Last edited:
Imo they where identified but in the public they want to remain anonymous. So in my eyes they are just as credible as the people who have been willing to be identified.

I respectfully disagree. When a person does not insist on remaining anonymous, s/he is at risk of public ridicule, social media attacks, or -- at the extreme -- a defamation claim. The anonymous person risks nothing. IMHO, it's the willingness to risk that provides more credibility to the named informant.

With regard to Profiling Evil, the anonymous family member did risk family disapproval, so the person has a scintilla of credibility.

I find it hard to believe that a mistress would not know he was married. He was actively posting about his wife on the internet and how great she was before she went missing. There are many photos of him with his wedding ring on-even if he didn’t wear it in a potential mistress’ presence, he would surely have a tan cheater mark on his ring finger, with as much time as he spends outdoors. For him, I think it’s more about being in control of the narrative. If he isn’t big man on campus that everyone adores, he takes his ball and goes home.

OT
Every single day I learn something new...
"...tan cheater mark on his ring finger..."
Never heard of such a thing.
New reason to use spray tan products?
Justice for Suzanne, please and thank you.
MOO

I respectfully disagree. When a person does not insist on remaining anonymous, s/he is at risk of public ridicule, social media attacks, or -- at the extreme -- a defamation claim. The anonymous person risks nothing. IMHO, it's the willingness to risk that provides more credibility to the named informant.

With regard to Profiling Evil, the anonymous family member did risk family disapproval, so the person has a scintilla of credibility.
Please don't say the anonymous person risks nothing and therefore lacks credibility. We are talking about a father, brothers, and sisters, a grieving family that today may feel as if they've lost everything. They are also victims and WS acknowledges them as victims worthy of respect and compassion. The same can be said of SM's in-laws.

ETA: If you are talking about an anonymous friend from little league days, your point is well taken.

Last edited:

I find it stunning that you link risk with credibility. Jmo

IMO media anonymity when LE has your phone and your truck is vastly different than victim anonymity when FEAR of reprisal may be involved. If what they FEAR is true, there's no limit to what the guilty person might do. Based on what they've ALREADY done.

When is it EVER too soon to issue a statement about your missing wife? Pretty sure I know when it's too late... sadly.

JMOJMOJMO

Absolutely agree a mistress would know he was married.But he probably spun the age old tale of his wife not understanding him.

I agree. Most that enter a relationship know if the person is married or not. IMO

But the part about the age old tale of a wife not understanding him - what does that mean?

Not understanding he wants to play Xbox with his homeboys sometimes? What doesn't the wife understand about the husband that leads to cheating?

I agree. Most that enter a relationship know if the person is married or not. IMO

But the part about the age old tale of a wife not understanding him - what does that mean?

Not understanding he wants to play Xbox with his homeboys sometimes? What doesn't the wife understand about the husband that leads to cheating?
It's right up there with we're living separate lives and staying together only for the children.
I think the question best answered by a cheating spouse -- somebody familiar with these age-old lines. :)

I apologize if this has been brought up already, this thread is moving so fast I'm having a hard time keeping up.

Re: SM's "interrupted" texting (or FB messenger??) with her best friend, while they were talking about an upcoming wedding. That, on the face of it, seems odd to me (no "gotta go", no "my phone is at 5%", nothing to indicate a problem).

However, we also know that cell service was terrible at the house - so they had to use the internet to communicate via text/messenger/whatever.

So...... what if BM cut the internet? That would explain the sudden disappearance from the convo and certainly would be smart as it wouldn't allow SM to call for help, either. Does anyone know if an internet router would show if/when service was cut/disconnected/unplugged (I assume so)??

That would be strong circumstantial evidence against BM, and also toward some level of premeditation (not sure what the legal standard on that is?). If you are thinking clearly enough to cut the internet before attacking someone, does that rule out crime of passion?
We have intermittent internet and sometimes cell service at our home so the best way to communicate is with our cell phones. I turn my WiFi off in settings. Even though I may only have a single cell bar range messages get out fine. So cutting off the router would not impact her ability to communicate

My post made me want to go back to an older DailyMail article because I thought I remembered a picture of a car in the M’s driveway with a bike rack on it.

article: Police search and carry out evidence bags from the $1.5M home of missing Colorado mom | Daily Mail Online

Pic attached to post.

28619682-8340119-image-a-58_1589980599067.jpg

My thoughts don’t prove anything but I thought they were interesting.

-it appears that there is a suburb outback with a trailer hitch bike rack
-There are two bikes on it. (One has red grips, the other is a baby blue mountain bike)
-Suburu outbacks do have gps tracking
-It’s rumored that SM’s bike is baby blue
-Its very hard to see but there might be damage to the front tire/fork/hub/brake. What leads me to believe that there might be damage is that the brake rotor does not look centered to where it should be on the wheel.
-Oddly enough, it looks like there is a Dasani or some type of packaged water bottle in the holder. This would not be common for a mountain biker, they’d use one of those bike water bottles that holds tightly into the bottle holder
-I wish there was a better pic angle so we could see that suburu’s license plate and a better shot of the bikes.
-I’m also curious about a second bike being on that rack.
-Would any aspect of that Suburu being in the driveway tie to PE’s assertion of two cars being a red flag?

Yours are interesting ideas! Different from my assumptions as I lived in Salida for 3 months (as a travel nurse) and have revisited many times since and it seems everyone drives a Subaru with bikes on the back. And all are equipped with roof racks (full of skis in the cold months and kayaks in the warmer months). It's unlike anywhere else I've ever lived in regard to the hard-core outdoorsy culture.

In fact, the recent comments about that vehicle in the driveway made me realize that it never occurred to me that it might be SM's. I assumed all along it could belong to anyone.

We have intermittent internet and sometimes cell service at our home so the best way to communicate is with our cell phones. I turn my WiFi off in settings. Even though I may only have a single cell bar range messages get out fine. So cutting off the router would not impact her ability to communicate

If I cut off my router, I don't have my wifi. It sounds like you may be in a hotspot area with more than your own subscriber wifi to connect to. I think Morphew's would suffer my fate -- no hotspot wifi in my area, and neighbor has dish network so no help there.

The way SM’s text conversation ended abruptly makes me wonder if it was related in any way to her disappearance. Husband and wife home alone, maybe she was talking to him about plans to travel to IN for the wedding. Could that start a fight? Jealousy related to her traveling to IN? Jealousy of her bond with IN friends? It was reportedly his idea to move from IN. Did he feel pressured to travel back and face people he didn’t want to see? Feel she was being disloyal in some way?

All speculation. MOO

Please don't say the anonymous person risks nothing and therefore lacks credibility. We are talking about a father, brothers, and sisters, a grieving family that today may feel as if they've lost everything. They are also victims and WS acknowledges them as victims worthy of respect and compassion. The same can be said of SM's in-laws.

ETA: If you are talking about an anonymous friend from little league days, your point is well taken.

Respectfully, the issue that was raised was about credibility: does an anonymous reporter have as much credibility as one who does not remain anonymous. I indicated my opinion and my reasoning -- reasoning which I've used in court -- as to why a known informant is more credible than an anonymous one.

For #1, how about he wanted the stone(s) removed to sell? Less distinctive than the whole ring, plus, if there was engraving in the band, that wouldn't be an issue.

#2 seriously gives me the willies and I am a big fan of sparkly stuff, but nothankyouverymuch.

But we don't know that the big diamond ring is missing. My guess it is not missing at all, but rather in the house where you would expect it to be.
@JosieMae
@EggSalad
I don't disagree but why so far away and on the highway? I've been leaning toward not staged due to the distance from the bike and not being on the bike trail itself. Love to hear your thoughts.

An attempt to mislead. The false scenario: something of SM's was tossed out of the vehicle by the abductor as he drove madly in THAT direction. No, not over here. Over THERE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa