Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #55

Status
Not open for further replies.
One more by @LiaJHarris:

https://mobile.twitter.com/LiaJHarris/status/1293796281320534019

Kaldas also wrote “I am of the view that Mr Jubelin could have continued in the NSW Police but for these charges” and that he “should and could have risen to a much higher rank than inspector”. He adds that he would gladly hire Jubelin at his private security company.

Is there doubt that Mrs W heard the children? This tweet is from today:

'[Barrister, Margaret Cunneen,] told the court [GJ's detailed investigation plan] focused on several persons of interest, including neighbour [PS], who was “the only person, outside of William’s family, to have heard William playing on the morning” he disappeared.'
- @LiaJHarris, 13 Aug 2020 (bolded by me and my notes in brackets, which continues below)

This article is from 2015:

'[JW], whose fence sits just 10m from where William was taken, heard him and his sister playing earlier that morning before she headed into town to run some errands.
When she returned, the street was in chaos.
"I wasn't home and my husband wasn't home. The only thing I was able to tell police was that I heard the children playing but didn't see them … I just heard kids laughing and you could tell they were little children," [Mrs W] said.'
- Lia Harris, Toddler William Tyrrell's disappearance still haunts Kendall residents almost a year later, Daily Telegraph, 06 Sep 2015

so was this unusual strategy jubelin used on ps because ps was the only witness apart from family who saw william playing, was he hoping if he accused ps or scared him, he would say something, did he witness an event and too scared to say?

"It seems the genteel prosecutors ... don’t mind prosecuting cases when they ultimately come to court but have no taste for how the sausage is made," Ms Cunneen said.

She said Jubelin maintained from the outset that he made the recordings to protect his lawful interest, because he was engaging in a strategy to meet with Mr Savage alone and was "vulnerable, personally, to false complaints and being called a liar".

In written submissions, Ms Cunneen and barrister Craig Longman argued five grounds of appeal, including that a warrant was in place when the first three recordings were made, which meant they were authorised, and that Magistrate Hudson erred in failing to give himself two directions.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw...obvious-liar-appeal-told-20200813-p55le9.html

@Georgy do you mean this one? Was explained at the inquest?

14. Kendall store owner: well dressed man who asked for directions to Benaroon dr driving a grey station wagon.

Would be great to finally have an answer on who this was...
Yes it was, but wasnt a grey station wagon either.. if dr sleuth knows if it can be mentioned here?

I'd like to hear about it, including which store owner observed the vehicle, if that's available.

I think that it would be supressed testimony. Not because of the well dressed man and the car, but because of the person who spoke with the well dressed man and saw the car.

There have been hints, in MSM in the early years, about who the shopkeeper is - just took a bit of piecing it together. It is nothing nefarious.

Last edited:
I'm going through the inquest again and just wondering whether it was ever established if the owners of the Buzz Cafe in Laureton were the same people who are the witnesses (Martin Parish and Daniel(a?) Parish) from the sawmill at Herons Creek?

I'm going through the inquest again and just wondering whether it was ever established if the owners of the Buzz Cafe in Laureton were the same people who are the witnesses (Martin Parish and Daniel(a?) Parish) from the sawmill at Herons Creek?

I don't think so. Way back in the threads this was discussed, and IIRC it was established that it wasn't them who owned Buzz Cafe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member