Found Deceased CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
True, just that one radio station which reported right?

There is another missing person, not sure if the remains may be Erika Lloyd?

Human remains were just found this week near Hwy 62 and Shelton Rd, which investigators are assuming belong to Erika Lloyd, since they weren't found far from where her car was located.

wonder valley

LOCAL NEWS, TOP STORY
HUMAN REMAINS FOUND EAST OF TWENTYNINE PALMS
AUGUST 11, 2020 Z107.7 NEWS LEAVE A COMMENT

Which means, who was the skeleton found on July 22 in Wonder Valley???

Human remains were just found this week near Hwy 62 and Shelton Rd, which investigators are assuming belong to Erika Lloyd, since they weren't found far from where her car was located.

wonder valley

LOCAL NEWS, TOP STORY
HUMAN REMAINS FOUND EAST OF TWENTYNINE PALMS
AUGUST 11, 2020 Z107.7 NEWS LEAVE A COMMENT
Which means, who was the skeleton found on July 22 in Wonder Valley???

Thank you, so we can eliminate Erika most likely.

Indeed artsy1, when are we going to hear about the remains?!

No news, huh? If Erika has been found, or her remains have, and no locals have been reported missing, it sort of narrows it down, doesn’t it?

Of course, if it’s considered a dumping ground, that person could have come from anywhere.

But BT went missing 90 miles away in that area, so......l

IMO, MOO

I mean that, worst case scenario, there was plenty of time for a return trip of that distance between about 10am, when they should have arrived at Kelbaker Car Park, and 3.26pm, when RT contacted LE.
A return trip?

No news that I can find. The fire in the Preserve was a low-lying brush fire, not a huge raging chaparral fire, so I am keeping up hope that if Barbara is in that part of the Preserve (unlikely but not impossible), the lack of vegetation might reveal her bones.

Now that I type that, it sounds like a long shot. I was hoping that last winter's rains would wash something into a drainage, where rock and fossil hunters might find something.

I always check in for updates on the cases I find Bazaar. The case of BT and RT is that.
A year has passed and nothing new, searches have stopped and it seems LE is waiting for something to happen. I believe they have the answers but need the proof.
Do they really believe that a 65 YO, wearing a bikini, with a beer in her hand, in the middle of the Mojave desert is just what someone was looking for and their day was made when she crossed their path on a highway. Sincerely doubt it. Put a body can be dropped anywhere when you have a plane.
Furthermore the destination of Las Vegas is a curious one, but I hope they have looked there.
Keep Looking ! They may just find that bikini clad skeleton with a beer in its hand. We know its not where it was supposed to be.
Perhaps that's because BT never made it there but she was wearing a Bikini and drinking a beer when someone disposed of her.
LE has no other choice. I believe they have a very good idea BT was gone before that day hike, but need the piece of evidence to tie it all together. We can only hope.
RIP Barbara--the truth will come out!

I just sent a message to Z107.7 FM, who first reported the story of the remains found, asking if they can follow up. I also suggested that they might look into BT's disappearance as POSSIBLY being related.

We shall see....

Thanks, artsy1! Even just knowing the gender of the remains would be helpful. I think one can usually tell the likely gender from bones. If the skeleton is clearly male, that would rule out BT. If it's female, I'm guessing they'd try to determine other general characteristics such as height.

JMO

I came across an interesting article from National Geographic that talks about people who are lost walk in circles. A good read. The article is too large to upload. Here's the link but to view the article you have to provide your email. I did because I find their articles super interesting. Regardless, the bottom line is that lost people walk in circles!

Do lost people really go round in circles?

Amateur opinion and speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members