Deceased/Not Found OH - Tyler Davis, 29, Columbus, 24 Feb 2019 #3

This video which is posted upthread- Where Did Tyler Davis Go? | The Missing
is incredible and full of details and SO many images I have never seen or knew existed and they definitely altered my perception of the situation that I had once felt were so suspicious. At this point in time I genuinely believe that no foul play is involved and further searches need to be done in the (semi) immediate area to recover Tyler and lay him to rest and give his loved ones the closure they need. moo

This segment was on the local Columbus news last night. There is a new video angle of Tyler walking off - so clearly, they do have more than they are letting on. This makes me think even more so than my earlier posts that maybe LE does have further GPS on Tyler's phone from the last point on the released map and the final phone call to his wife.
Columbus Police reviewing new evidence in Tyler Davis missing persons case

@Rural_PC - not that I know of about his family or Schon, but a few of his friends that helped search have spoken to media.

This segment was on the local Columbus news last night. There is a new video angle of Tyler walking off - so clearly, they do have more than they are letting on. This makes me think even more so than my earlier posts that maybe LE does have further GPS on Tyler's phone from the last point on the released map and the final phone call to his wife.
Columbus Police reviewing new evidence in Tyler Davis missing persons case

@Rural_PC - not that I know of about his family or Schon, but a few of his friends that helped search have spoken to media.
I found this statement to be a bit surprising.... Brammer also stresses investigators continue to hold out hope that Davis will be found alive.
I sure hope so, and wouldn't that be something.

Well that’s interesting. I’ve been following since the beginning, do I remember correctly that they said they did NOT have video of Tyler in the beginning??? Now they are releasing him walking off?

It also makes me think they have way more video/information than we know about. That is a LONG walk and you cannot tell me many businesses/buildings along his route didn’t have cameras to track him.

I don’t know why, but this is one I would really like solved.

I used to live in Columbus and looking for updates on Joey Labute a few days ago, I found this thread.

I have been thinking about it a lot and there are some points I’d like to mention. They most likely will not be useful, but as long as there is a small chance they are... All of them are of my opinion.

1) Between 3:31 am and 3:52 am, Tyler's walking speed is consistent. About 400 m every 5 minutes, according to the map shared by LE. In my opinion, that is strong evidence that he was not, from 3:31 to 3:52, running away from anyone or engaging in any activity inconsistent with walking at a constant pace.

2) Between 3:21 am and 3:52 am, the path he took is not inconsistent at all with just taking a walk, in my opinion. He was not necessarily in a state of confusion and/or "lost". Consider this:

+His speed was consistent.

+It is not until 3:52 am that we have evidence of his intention to go back, not before, so we cannot say that he was lost.

+ He could have been walking freely, relying on his phone to go back whenever he felt like it. In fact, that is what he did.

+Sure, walking through parking lots looks weird and makes him look lost and disoriented, but in the first parking lot, he could have first thought that it was possible to keep going forward, but then realized he could not and decided to turn to the right. At that point it is a 50/50 or perhaps, if you want to make your walk longer, you turn to the right.

+Tyler was able to operate different apps on his phone, apologize to Britanny according to her account of their conversations (he was able to determine what had recently happened and determine that he had done a mistake) and call her a couple of time to update her on his status.

I have the impression that many have already bought the idea that he was very disoriented and confused, but I don't think we have enough evidence to conclude that, even with a very low degree of confidence.

3) The temperature at that time was around 55 F, not 29 F as I heard in a podcast. You can check that here:

Columbus, OH Weather History | Weather Underground

It may have been somewhat windy, but I wonder how likely, given those weather conditions, a scenario related to hypothermia would be.

4) We know the only "woods" that Tyler has known in the area, up to 3:52 PM, are the ones in the oval.

5) There is a small house (maybe storage?), in the park/woods inside the ovall. I wonder if LE knows what it is, what is stored there, who works there, who has access.

6) The oval seems a secluded place. I would guess that it is a place where many things can happen unnoticed on a Sunday at 4 am. I wonder if people live in the buildings around the oval or it is just offices. Also, I wonder if there is evidence of the oval being used for illegal races late at night?

7) It could be the case that at 3:53 am Tyler's phone went into battery saving mode, turning the GPS off. It would be interesting to know how his phone operates.

8) We should not forget that Tyler could have decided to just go back to the hotel the same way he got to Abbot’s parking lot, especially if his GPS was automatically turned off at 3.52. Again, it would be interesting to know how his phone operates.

4, 5, 6, 7, 8 --> I would spend some time investigating around the oval. He may have been crossing the oval when, as claimed by Britanny, he called Britanny and told her he was going through the forest. If that call was placed at 4.10 and Tyler maintained his walking speed going back through the same route he had previously taken, he would be just in the middle of the oval, which I would also call a forest.

9) It is somewhat likely that Tyler knew how the hotel looked like at night, because they went to the Hilton at night, before going to the strip club.

10) While likely, I do not believe it should be assumed that the hotel Tyler was trying to get to was the Hilton.

Two important uncertainties:

11) I've seen two versions of when the call was placed where he told B that he was walking through a forest: 4.01 and 4.10. Does anyone know which one it is? I believe this is very important to know with certainty.

12) Why did Tyler try to call 2 minutes later? While the answer will only be known if the case is solved, I believe it makes a scenario where he needed help, more likely.

Last edited:
3) The temperature at that time was around 55 F, not 29 F as I heard in a podcast. You can check that here:

It may have been somewhat windy, but I wonder how likely, given those weather conditions, a scenario related to hypothermia would be.

4) We know the only "woods" that Tyler has known in the area, up to 3:52 PM, are the ones in the oval.

5) There is a small house (maybe storage?), in the park/woods inside the ovall. I wonder if LE knows what it is, what is stored there, who works there, who has access.

8) We should not forget that Tyler could have decided to just go back to the hotel the same way he got to Abbot’s parking lot, especially if his GPS was automatically turned off at 3.52. Again, it would be interesting to know how his phone operates.

4, 5, 6, 7, 8 --> I would spend some time investigating around the oval. He may have been crossing the oval when, as claimed by Britanny, he called Britanny and told her he was going through the forest. If that call was placed at 4.10 and Tyler maintained his walking speed going back through the same route he had previously taken, he would be just in the middle of the oval, which I would also call a forest.

9) It is somewhat likely that Tyler knew how the hotel looked like at night, because they went to the Hilton at night, before going to the strip club.

3. At 55F, with no coat and intoxicated, Tyler would likely experience confusion within 20 minutes, be hypothermic in as little as 2 hours, and not survive the night if he passed out or stayed in that temp for longer than 5-6 hours. This is just based on averages. He was a hefty guy so I personally don't think he succumbed to cold unless he was trapped somewhere.

4. As for "woods" (any grouping of trees or shrubs that could conceal a person), at the time he disappeared, there was actually a ton of "wooded" areas Tyler could have reached. Here is the map with most of them all highlighted. Most of them have been searched by LE. Tyler Davis - Google My Maps

8. Sure. But don't forget the surveillance cameras in the area would have seen him returning.

9. Except he wasn't intoxicated before. Tyler was clearly extremely drunk and it is suspected he was also on some kind of drug.

I agree, I do not believe that a human in water that long would remain intact, and that rather some of his bones might wash up or be found sunken into the shoreline.
:(

I used to live in Columbus and looking for updates on Joey Labute a few days ago, I found this thread.

I have been thinking about it a lot and there are some points I’d like to mention. They most likely will not be useful, but as long as there is a small chance they are... All of them are of my opinion.

1) Between 3:31 am and 3:52 am, Tyler's walking speed is consistent. About 400 m every 5 minutes, according to the map shared by LE. In my opinion, that is strong evidence that he was not, from 3:31 to 3:52, running away from anyone or engaging in any activity inconsistent with walking at a constant pace.

2) Between 3:21 am and 3:52 am, the path he took is not inconsistent at all with just taking a walk, in my opinion. He was not necessarily in a state of confusion and/or "lost". Consider this:

+It is not until 3:52 am that we have evidence of his intention to go back, not before, so we cannot say that he was lost.

+ He could have been walking freely, relying on his phone to go back whenever he felt like it. In fact, that is what he did.

+Sure, walking through parking lots looks weird and makes him look lost and disoriented, but in the first parking lot, he could have first thought that it was possible to keep going forward, but then realized he could not and decided to turn to the right. At that point it is a 50/50 or perhaps, if you want to make your walk longer, you turn to the right.

+Tyler was able to operate different apps on his phone, apologize to Britanny according to her account of their conversations (he was able to determine what had recently happened and determine that he had done a mistake) and call her a couple of time to update her on his status.

I have the impression that many have already bought the idea that he was very disoriented and confused, but I don't think we have enough evidence to conclude that, even with a very low degree of confidence.

6) The oval seems a secluded place. I would guess that it is a place where many things can happen unnoticed on a Sunday at 4 am. I wonder if people live in the buildings around the oval or it is just offices. Also, I wonder if there is evidence of the oval being used for illegal races late at night?

7) It could be the case that at 3:53 am Tyler's phone went into battery saving mode, turning the GPS off. It would be interesting to know how his phone operates.

10) While likely, I do not believe it should be assumed that the hotel Tyler was trying to get to was the Hilton.

11) I've seen two versions of when the call was placed where he told B that he was walking through a forest: 4.01 and 4.10. Does anyone know which one it is? I believe this is very important to know with certainty.

12) Why did Tyler try to call 2 minutes later? While the answer will only be known if the case is solved, I believe it makes a scenario where he needed help, more likely.

Correction: Forget about 10), I had not seen Discovery ID. It shows a second recording, where Tyler specifically mentions the Hilton, room 403.

Regarding this recording, the detective says: ...then, when he starts to walk east now, still directly away from the hotel, "how do I get back to the hotel?"
If indeed that happened at 3.31 when he starts going east, he must have been very confused.

Thanks Vail for your comments!

Thank you for that very interesting and insightful post! I have spent so much time trying to think of what might have happened. I don’t think we have the full story. We might likely never have it, even if Tyler’s remains are one day found. I fear the answers went down with him. JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back