FL FL - Tavia Bailey, 15, Pensacola, 31 Dec 1985

I found a dr. Elizabeth Bailey who looks very much like Tivia....I'm afraid to post it here, not knowing if it's ok. Maybe she is related somehow.

tavia_elizabeth_bailey_1.jpg
tavia_elizabeth_bailey_3.jpg

dr. Elizabeth Bailey - Google Search

Dr. Elizabeth Bailey, MD – Houston, TX | Obstetrics & Gynecology

I really hope she made it to the top. Problems can be overcome...even with a troubled life as a youngster. Talking from experience.

Tavia Elizabeth Bailey
  • tavia_elizabeth_bailey_1.jpg
  • tavia_elizabeth_bailey_2.jpg
  • tavia_elizabeth_bailey_3.jpg
Tavia, circa 1985; Age-progression to age 43 (circa 2013)

• Missing Since 12/31/1985
  • Missing From Pensacola, Florida
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Female
  • Race White
  • Date of Birth 08/03/1970 (49)
  • Age 15 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'0 - 5'3, 120 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description A black fur coat and striped jeans.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Blonde hair, brown eyes. Tavia has a scar on her left cheekbone, a scar on the left side of her upper lip and a scar at her hairline which extends to her right eyebrow. Her ears are pierced multiple times. Her nicknames are Chrystal, Ms. T and Tee.
Details of Disappearance
Tavia was last seen in Pensacola, Florida on December 31, 1985. She lived with her mother on Sunbury Drive near Crescent Lake. She left to go to a New Year's Eve party and never returned. Tavia typically dated African-American men at the time of her disappearance and may have been in the company of one after she went missing.

Tavia's mother stated her daughter had emotional and behavioral problems as a result of being sexually abused by her stepfather when she was eight years old. She received psychotherapy and spent time in group homes to help her recover from the psychological trauma, but by the age of twelve was she sexually active and involved with drugs.

Tavia had run away several times before, once traveling as far as New York City, but she always kept in touch with her mother. After her December 1985 disappearance, she never called home again.

Foul play is suspected in Tavia's disappearance; authorities believe she may have been taken against her will. Many agencies give the date of disappearance as January 23, 1986.
Investigating Agency
  • Escambia County Sheriff's Office 850-436-9620
Source Information

Aug. 3, 2020, will be Tavia’s 50th birthday. Her mother says it would be a “miracle” if this year, they got the answers they so desperately need.

This age progression image, designed by forensic artists at NCMEC, shows what Tavia Bailey might look like today, at 50 years old.

tavia-ap.jpg

Letters from Tavia

07-30-2020
As the clock struck midnight that New Years Eve, turning 1985 into 1986, a crowd of teens rang in the new year at their local Chuck E. Cheese in Pensacola, Florida. One of the kids in attendance was 15-year-old Tavia Bailey, an adventurous young girl with a love for poetry, her family and friends.

The friend Tavia was with that night, Charlotte, had arranged for her mother to pick the girls up after the party. But by the time her mother arrived, Charlotte had been searching for Tavia for a while after losing her in the crowd sometime during the celebration.

Tavia Bailey hasn’t been seen since that night. Tavia’s mother, Sheri Lane, has always held onto the hope that someone knows what happened to her daughter all those years ago and has it in their heart to come forward today.

“When I didn’t hear from Tavia, I went out looking for her. I drove all around the area. I went crazy, there was nothing, no word as to what happened or where she was.”

Tavia (left) with her mother.
tavia-and-sheri.jpg

etc.

Also in this writing some letters Tavia wrote and a drawing.

As Tavia's friend was the last to see her at Chuck E. Cheese, I'd be curious to know what she had to say. For instance, what did Tavia say when they split up? Like, did she see someone else there she knew and wanted to hang out with? Or did she even leave the place with someone - when probably the kids were supposed to stay put the whole evening - and the friend didn't want to admit that?

As Tavia's friend was the last to see her at Chuck E. Cheese, I'd be curious to know what she had to say. For instance, what did Tavia say when they split up? Like, did she see someone else there she knew and wanted to hang out with? Or did she even leave the place with someone - when probably the kids were supposed to stay put the whole evening - and the friend didn't want to admit that?
Aug. 3, 2020, will be Tavia’s 50th birthday. Her mother says it would be a “miracle” if this year, they got the answers they so desperately need.

This age progression image, designed by forensic artists at NCMEC, shows what Tavia Bailey might look like today, at 50 years old.

tavia-ap.jpg

Letters from Tavia

07-30-2020
As the clock struck midnight that New Years Eve, turning 1985 into 1986, a crowd of teens rang in the new year at their local Chuck E. Cheese in Pensacola, Florida. One of the kids in attendance was 15-year-old Tavia Bailey, an adventurous young girl with a love for poetry, her family and friends.

The friend Tavia was with that night, Charlotte, had arranged for her mother to pick the girls up after the party. But by the time her mother arrived, Charlotte had been searching for Tavia for a while after losing her in the crowd sometime during the celebration.

Tavia Bailey hasn’t been seen since that night. Tavia’s mother, Sheri Lane, has always held onto the hope that someone knows what happened to her daughter all those years ago and has it in their heart to come forward today.

“When I didn’t hear from Tavia, I went out looking for her. I drove all around the area. I went crazy, there was nothing, no word as to what happened or where she was.”

Tavia (left) with her mother.
tavia-and-sheri.jpg

etc.

Also in this writing some letters Tavia wrote and a drawing.

Another recon, age progressed to 39 years.

Tavia Bailey

Interesting note. Valentine Doe once was thought to be Tavia, lead processed, turned out to be negative. Valentine Doe is identified as Wanda Deann Kirkum in June 2020.

I wonder about the scars in her face. None of the reproductions show them and also her pictures don't show them. Why is there not a real clear picture that shows them.

Last edited:
As a matter of fact, my family originates from NY I think my aunt is the one that planted that seed and they may have went the first time together. I remember one time going to pick them up at a gas station with my mom in the middle of the night! They often ran away together. I am proud to say that my aunt has overcome what ever brought her to the point of wanting to get away from our family. She is married (15 yrs), has two amazing kids, three even more amazing grand kids, and is a successful artist. Tavia was robbed of her chance at life and she needs to be brought home!

Does your aunt know about Tavia's scars or any other relevant information that is not on file? Was her hair permed at the time she went missing, something specific about her teeth, for instance. And does she have more pictures of Tavia (she can fade herself away). Would you be so kind to ask her?

Does your aunt know about Tavia's scars or any other relevant information that is not on file? Was her hair permed at the time she went missing, something specific about her teeth, for instance. And does she have more pictures of Tavia (she can fade herself away). Would you be so kind to ask her?
I always chicken out when I try to ask her about Tavia. I’ll try.

I always chicken out when I try to ask her about Tavia. I’ll try.

Please don't do anything that makes you feel uncomfortable...On my side it sounds so easy.......I'm direct and bold and always ask the "I want to know your inner -protected- space" questions. Must say I have a lot of very positive reactions on that but that will not always be the case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back