CA CA - Jeff Joseph, 45, Hoopa, 21 June 2014

Jeff's car is a crucial lead. If the locals are documenting abandoned cars, there's still hope that those doing so may discover Jeff's vehicle. Have you posted Jeff's vehicle description, etc. on those FB pages, somequestions?

Jeff's car is a crucial lead. If the locals are documenting abandoned cars, there's still hope that those doing so may discover Jeff's vehicle. Have you posted Jeff's vehicle description, etc. on those FB pages, somequestions?

No, I have not looked up FB pages to post Jeff Joseph's vehicle information on. How many different pages would that consist of? FB is loaded with pages about missing persons and crime. I would assume family and friends would already have done most of this anyway. Maybe the information should also be posted in numerous city/town FB pages near the area where it is presumed Jeff Joseph went missing? Maybe every junk yard and auto shop in a 100 mile radius should have the information posted on their FB page too?

The case is over 6 years old now. Nobody knows what happened. For all anyone knows, Jeff Joseph simply drove away from his old life. Such is the problem with missing persons cases where you do not have a body. In this case, you also do not have a vehicle.

People seem so caught up in social media which is why I try to stay off of FB especially. Why just FB too? Maybe the information should also be posted on crime blogs, newspaper ads, other online forums, etc? The list goes on and on.

I like to think LE does their jobs. I think sometimes they could do their jobs better, but they are human beings. I have posted Jeff Joseph's information in this forum. That is a start in my opinion. I posted it here because I do not see a lot of LE on this forum. After reading a lot of threads, I can understand why. And anyway, what about the thousands of other missing person's and murder cases who deserve to have their information posted on FB pages too? It seems like FB pages are created every day.

This case, in my opinion, could go on for years.

Also Virgil Bussell is missing in that area.

Virgil went missing this past March. I’m not sure if the location on Deerhorn is close to anywhere Jeff might have been, but I would think if it’s Virgil it would still be possible to identify whether the remains are male or female. A comment in this article indicates he had a Mohawk and possibly a long braid. But either way, may this person be identified soon for the sake of those who love him or her. :(

Missing Hoopa Man’s Truck Found Abandoned With Keys and a Full Load of Wood – Redheaded Blackbelt

More detail on Virgil’s disappearance that inclines me to think that the remains are not his. JMO
Weitchpec Man Still Missing: Family Received a Ransom Note and Tracker Found Possible Evidence Indicating Foul Play – Redheaded Blackbelt

Last edited:
The human remains were confirmed to be missing person Julius Tripp. The retrieval was only two turns from where his vehicle was recovered. His family had been searching the area on foot the day prior. (I drive the area daily) That was possibly the biggest sheriff response I've seen to the area in years.

Sheriff's Office Seeking Homicide Suspect After Identifying Remains Found Last Week Off Highway 96 As Belonging to Missing Person

Another vehicle and body were located on Highway 96 closer to Orleans, CA. There is yet to be any press release determining circumstances.

The human remains were confirmed to be missing person Julius Tripp. The retrieval was only two turns from where his vehicle was recovered. His family had been searching the area on foot the day prior. (I drive the area daily) That was possibly the biggest sheriff response I've seen to the area in years.

Sheriff's Office Seeking Homicide Suspect After Identifying Remains Found Last Week Off Highway 96 As Belonging to Missing Person

Another vehicle and body were located on Highway 96 closer to Orleans, CA. There is yet to be any press release determining circumstances.
Here is RHBB article on Julius Tripp. There is already a suspect identified. Do not believe there is a thread for Julius Tripp at WS.

Hoopa Missing Person Case Determined Homicide, 18-year-old Suspect Sought – Redheaded Blackbelt

Evidently there was a body found and a wildfire several miles west of Orleans. I do not know specifies aside from RHBB because have not talked to anyone local in several days. The spot in the RHBB photos is China Point. There is a short narrow road that loops off current HW96, actually a section of old HW96 before improvements circa 1970 for that section. Several years ago steel gates were placed to block both entrances. The turnout is several hundred feet of a near vertical rock bluff down to the Klamath River. I am kind of wondering if could be a suicide or a murder (hence "suspicious death" in headline). Will have a stronger opinion that probably will not state once the person is identified. Counting Bussell, that is three suspicious deaths in a short period of time along HW96 in an area with extremely low population density.

Body Found With Yesterday’s Crash Off Hwy 96 Deemed Suspicious Death – Redheaded Blackbelt

I wonder if this case would be considered a cold case?

It certainly has a strange element attached to it. I can understand Jeff Joseph disappearing, but an entire green Toyota Rav4? Even if it was parted out or buried somewhere, why? Would someone really just rely on a salvage yard person not reporting possible parts to the police? Wouldn't it be easier to leave the vehicle somewhere or burn it?

This case could certainly be foul play. Anytime you have money and drugs involved, that is a strong possibility. But because of the vehicle disappearing too, I wonder if an accident is not a possibility.

I cannot argue against foul play. Most likely it is foul play in this case, but what if it just appears that way?

I think I have tried to drive all the roads associated with this case using google maps. There are so many places where a vehicle could have gone off the road or been pushed off the road. It is a very scenic area. This is the type of case where I think an amateur could investigate it without actually interfering with the investigation.

I remember hiking in the forest one time and seeing so many random trees that had a missing persons poster on it. I kept wondering because of the faded pictures if the people were ever found. Then nearby there was usually a warning sign that said to not get injured because the nearest hospital is over 50 miles away.

That is probably why missing persons cases seem to fade away. Without any new information or any information whatsoever sometimes, there is nothing to investigate. There is nothing left to discuss that has not already been discussed. But I remember the missing persons posters in the forest. You don't forget the posters even if you forget the names.

It has been seven years, and there is still no sign of Jeff Joseph or his green 1998 Toyota Rav4, license plate number XMZ062 with LSU sticker in the back window.
Hello. Nothing has transpired at all. I had some hope about 4 months ago when a deputy called and said she was working on Jeff’’s case. I have never heard from her again . Typical. I also had someone message me and tell me that they knew someone that was going to get a picture of his car that they say is abandoned up there where he was. Never happened. These things are beyond frustrating & I’m always left wondering why people jump in and then NEVER follow through … EVER!!!!! Thank you guys for caring.
Jeff’s sister Vikki .

Every case matters. Jeff Joseph was not a young kid. He was not an attractive young blonde or brunette. And there are probably people that have written off the case because it involves the drug trade. But the mystery of what happened to Jeff Joseph matters as much as any other case.

I think in a case like this you have to try to eliminate possibilities. Recently, there have been a lot of missing person's cases solved by youtube divers who search lakes and rivers and then come across a vehicle underwater. Or maybe since Jeff's trip started in the Los Angeles area, someone from that larger police department might be able to look into any contacts Jeff might have had of people who may have had a reason to harm him. The mystery of the trip surrounding Jeff Joseph's disappearance is interesting so maybe a major news crime program might do a story on the case.

Many times cases do not get the same attention. Some seem stuck in time on the day they first
happened. They fade away as fewer people talk about them and seem to go silent more than they go cold.

I decided to check in on Jeff Joseph's case. Hopefully there will come a day when I check on it and realize it got solved.

Name: Jeffrey Keith Joseph
Case Number: 201403130
Race: White
Sex: Male
DOB: 2/4/1969
1656176403744.pngCity of Residency: New Orleans, LA
Synopsis: On July 8, 2014, Jeffrey Joseph was reported missing to the Humboldt County Sheriff’s Office following a road trip to Humboldt County to purchase a large amount of marijuana. Joseph last contacted family and friends via cellphone in the late morning of June 21, 2014. Joseph’s last known location is somewhere west of Redding, possibly Willow Creek. Joseph was last known to be driving a green 1998 Toyota Rav 4 with a Louisiana license plate, at the time he went missing.
Resources: Jeffrey Joseph Missing Person Fly

Hello. Nothing has transpired at all. I had some hope about 4 months ago when a deputy called and said she was working on Jeff’’s case. I have never heard from her again . Typical. I also had someone message me and tell me that they knew someone that was going to get a picture of his car that they say is abandoned up there where he was. Never happened. These things are beyond frustrating & I’m always left wondering why people jump in and then NEVER follow through … EVER!!!!! Thank you guys for caring.
Jeff’s sister Vikki .
You are a great sister. I think about Jeff often. I just spoke about him on a podcast and how his place in Venice was revolutionary. I pray that the truth will come to light soon so you can get some closure.

The missing person's case of Jeff Joseph is such a complete mystery.

It is possible Jeff Joseph was murdered. He was involved in the drug trade.
It is possible he drove off the road during his trip and this was an accident. The area where he disappeared has many winding roads, and he might have been tired too.
It is possible he walked away from his life. While this possibility seems remote as there has been no sign of him since June 21, 2014, his green 1998 Toyota Rav4, license plate XMZ062, with LSU sticker in the back window, has never been found. But that fact that it was green also makes it very likely it could blend in with the vegetation as the area where he disappeared has lots of trees and other vegetation.

This is a unique missing person's case that I hope gets solved.

The missing person's case of Jeff Joseph is such a complete mystery.

It is possible Jeff Joseph was murdered. He was involved in the drug trade.
It is possible he drove off the road during his trip and this was an accident. The area where he disappeared has many winding roads, and he might have been tired too.
It is possible he walked away from his life. While this possibility seems remote as there has been no sign of him since June 21, 2014, his green 1998 Toyota Rav4, license plate XMZ062, with LSU sticker in the back window, has never been found. But that fact that it was green also makes it very likely it could blend in with the vegetation as the area where he disappeared has lots of trees and other vegetation.

This is a unique missing person's case that I hope gets solved.
Thank you for your comprehensive summary of this case. It's been a while since I delved into it. Regarding Jeff's connection to the drug trade, it might be worth noting that there were mentions of his involvement in advocacy efforts related to marijuana laws, possibly even aiding in medical marijuana access. Distinguishing between these endeavors and the broader implications associated with the term "drug trade" is crucial. Using such a term might inadvertently suggest connections to more nefarious activities which is not supported by the evidence as far as I remember, which could be misleading.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back