Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #27

Status
Not open for further replies.
i also was reminded of T-bag explaining away why blood would be found in the garage (she said gannon cut his finger) when BM was explaining the "bobcat thingy" incident. there was no need to bring that detail up at all in his interview, so why did he? bc there is some evidence there with the bobcat, that's why.

eta: leticia ALSO brought up passing polygraphs on numerous occasions. that seems to be a trigger for BM, too, although in his interview with lauren, he was bringing up the polygraph to dispute what suzanne's family members had said about him. why on earth would you even be up against your wife's family during a missing person's case, when that missing person is your wife? (we saw letecia also at odds with gannon's family). could this man be behaving any more like LS?

moo.
I'll bet LE has gotten an ear full of info from SM's family.
For an innocent party who's under scrutiny, how in the world does someone end up on the opposing team in a missing person search?

MOO, in times like this, little memories of marital behavior previously become huge clues
for LE. I'm sure experienced LE has seen this
same scenario hundreds of times.
They just have to piece together the evidence to prove their beliefs.

Regarding the awkward references to someone being “saved” etc., I can’t help wonder if BM might have been attempting to parrot some spiritual words of wisdom that he and his family may have received in the aftermath of the tragedy. It may have provided some much needed comfort to those around him, so let’s throw that against the wall here too and see if it sticks. The only problem is remembering exactly how it was articulated, when it wasn’t truly & deeply comprehended in the first place. In times of despair, silver linings must be sought. No disrespect to anyone intended. IMO.

Edit: Of course, I certainly mince words (more often) while being recorded or while speaking in front of a crowd.

Last edited:
As I recall, the studies showed that moving away from extended family
and into an area of different mores no longer has the surrounding family acting as the glue that helps bind the family unit together.

There's something about having that extended family looking over your shoulder that inhibits
bad behavior and keeps family members in line.

See how important it is to BM 'how he looks'
to others and what they think of him. He must be squirming that his inlaws and home town
relatives are seeing this side of him.
BBM
Could it be this was one of the reasons SM didn't want the move?

^^^ kkdj, could very well be. She knew him well and I'm sure he could be a handfull w/
his temperament and behavior.
From what her family said, she was mild mannered and docile. Submissive? The antithesis of him.
Sometimes, people want to move to another state to leave their bad reputation behind them.
A start over, if you will. Was this BM?
I suspect we'll hear more revelations about what SM had to endure during their time in Indiana.
I just don't think he was a great husband.

I found this interesting too. I dont recall it being stated anywhere what or where the job was. I know construction starts early but anytime around 5AM seems strangely early to start what i assume is a loud construction job. Granted I dont know how far away the job was, so it could have started at a more reasonable time. Is anyone here familiar with construction work? Is starting this early on a weekend normal?

BBM
I am, but I'm not in CO.
We are not allowed to begin work prior to 7 a.m. if it's around residential.

Good time to update thread for new viewers that then Sheriff-elect John Spezze took over in as Sheriff of Chaffee County in Jan 2015. He previously served as Under-Sheriff 2011-14 for retired Sheriff Pete Palmer. Salida is the Sheriff's hometown. He returned home to Salida after retiring from a 27-year career with the Denver Police Dept.

BM is fortunate and should be thankful that his wife's case is under his watch.

Sheriff-elect John Spezze returns to hometown with big-city experience

Are we allowed to mention GD here? I thought he was off limits. Will report my post for clarification.
Sleuthing GD and even posting his business and/or parents addresses is absolutely a violation of The Rules.

It has been said over and over again in this thread that members cannot sleuth people who are not officially named a POI/suspect. The Rules do not permit it and Tricia has only given approval for members to speculate on Barry as a POI/suspect based on what is in MSM. That's it.

Also, Profiling Evil is an approved source. Members may link to their social media but NOT to just any random Twitter account that happens to retweet what the PE fellows have tweeted. We don't need a bunch of random links showing up here and being mistaken for approved sources.

I just want to know why it took 10 hours to prep for the Denver job. What was he doing? Was he alone doing the prep work? The way it was phrased, it sounded like he was. It could not have involved paperwork, on a Sunday. Was it residential, in city limits? Remote? If it involved noisy machinery, I might be ticked off listening to that for 10 hours on Mother’s Day Sunday. I wonder if not working on Sundays was the norm in their household.

Regarding the awkward references to someone being “saved” etc., I can’t help wonder if BM might have been attempting to parrot some spiritual words of wisdom that he and his family may have received in the aftermath of the tragedy. It may have provided some much needed comfort to those around him, so let’s throw that against the wall here too and see if it sticks. The only problem is remembering exactly how it was articulated, when it wasn’t truly & deeply comprehended in the first place. In times of despair, silver linings must be sought. No disrespect to anyone intended. IMO.

Edit: Of course, I certainly mince words (more often) while being recorded or while speaking in front of a crowd.

I thought about this actually. To me it's along the lines of "they are in a better place" (I dislike this phrase as well).

We also don't know the conversation between LS & MB leading up to him making this bizarre (IMO) statement.

If I had a dear spouse missing and I was dissatisfied with the LE investigation and questioning if they were 'messing' up evidence,
I would be tearing my hair out figuring out how to supplement the search.

If money were no problem, I'd probably hire
a private investigator to strengthen the search
even if it meant duplicating LE efforts.

Wonder if BM has done this? Has he considered it? Wish LS would ask him this.

There's at least one PI in Salida w/ 40 yrs. experience and many missing persons searches under their belt.
Maybe someone should send this link to BM's fb.

Salida Private Investigators | Chaffee County Private Detectives

Thank you for clarifying this....so BM intentionally woke up at 5am on a Saturday, to drive to Denver for a construction job that didnt start until Monday (around 48 hours early).....He did this knowing that mothers day was Sunday and that he would not be spending it with his family.... and at least from what Ive read, he provides no reason for needed to be at the site so early.

Without more I truly struggle to understand why leaving on Saturday was needed. This behavior makes no sense to me and IMO is very suspicious. Im trying to stay open minded, so if anyone has another viewpoint Id honestly like to hear it because I feel like Im missing something.
I found this interesting too. I dont recall it being stated anywhere what or where the job was. I know construction starts early but anytime around 5AM seems strangely early to start what i assume is a loud construction job. Granted I dont know how far away the job was, so it could have started at a more reasonable time. Is anyone here familiar with construction work? Is starting this early on a weekend normal?

MOO It's normal enough.
Leaving at 5am BM would arrive Denver 7:3O to 8am Sunday. Set up doesn't necessarily mean working with machines before Monday.
He could be supervising deliveries timbers and pavers, or getting plants and mulch fron a nursery.

Adding:
What I don't like and seems off, is his not making time having a MD coffee with SM before going.

Last edited:
Good time to update thread for new viewers that then Sheriff-elect John Spezze took over in as Sheriff of Chaffee County in Jan 2015. He previously served as Under-Sheriff 2011-14 for retired Sheriff Pete Palmer. Salida is the Sheriff's hometown. He returned home to Salida after retiring from a 27-year career with the Denver Police Dept.

BM is fortunate and should be thankful that his wife's case is under his watch.

Sheriff-elect John Spezze returns to hometown with big-city experience
How BM feels about it: :eek:

I believe we heard early on that BM never made any call to LE to report his wife missing. For some reason that call came from the neighbor.
This was discussed at length in a very early thread.
Someone correct me if I'm not remembering correctly.
You are correct, @enelram. The neighbor made the initial call. I think the consensus is that LE probably got BM on the phone as he was leaving or driving back from Denver. They would be asking when he last saw her or talked to her etc. MOO

You are correct, @enelram. The neighbor made the initial call. I think the consensus is that LE probably got BM on the phone as he was leaving or driving back from Denver. They would be asking when he last saw her or talked to her etc. MOO
911 calls can"t be made from out of the 911 covered area. Asking some one to call in for you is the only way.
But by calling the regular police line they might patch you through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gingerdoodle