OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #57

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When the Wagners come to trial we will all find out if they are guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. 12 people is alot. If all 12 find them guilty then rest assured justice is here!

Our justice system is fair. If even one juror has doubts and votes innocent it is a mis-trial. So if all 12 vote guilty then I believe justice is done.

Do juries get it right 100% ? No. But in death penalty cases juries tend to be dead serious. They don't make hasty decisions because it's a holiday weekend etc...

My opinion only from my research on it.
One thing for sure GW4 has already threw Jake under the bus, all we had to do was to listen in which direction his attorney was putting blame, JMO

One thing for sure GW4 has already threw Jake under the bus, all we had to do was to listen in which direction his attorney was putting blame, JMO
Yes! Note that maybe Angela is being "thrown under the bus."

The "boys" deny that she showed them the shoes she says she bought for them and they hated. Thus, she threw them out.

2 weeks before the murders, and she went in alone to buy the shoes while one of them sat in the car outside in the Waverly Walmart parking lot in the drivers side of her car.
She entered on the passenger side.

Don't tell me the driver did not know she would be captured on Walmart security video. But the person in the car was "safe."

... 2 Cents ...

Last edited:
So Jake’s manipulation Got 8 people killed 5 children without parents, 5 old women and 3 old men will die with broken harts and several brothers and sisters will Moran the lost of their family.
Jake has destroyed FW reputation in Pike County instead of being remembered for breeding and selling different animal the Wagners will always be known as mass murders when people refer to them from now on,
Jake, George iv, Billy and Angela has Never went so long without seeing and talking with each other, I know why Angela is looking so bad now, this is what she and the other three deserve for doing what they did, I was reading earlier about some of the other Sluthers posting that FW was a good person when she was helping people out, But Remember This while the Rhodens/Gilley laid Dead at the Funeral Home Angela, Jake, George and Billy was telling the LE and Social Media all sort of lies on the Victims to where the donations coming in had all but stopped, leaving the big funeral bills, so what Fredericka is going thru now that her family spread the BAD SEED OF MURDER AND LIES IS THE WAGNERS FAULTS NOT THE VICTIMS, JMO
One thing about it BCI Agent Scheiderer is not a local and he does not like the Wagners he knows a lot more about what went on than us, JMO

And I don’t know about you guys but I remember where the tattoo got the prosecution in Casey Anthony trial no where. And just as in her case I believe she was responsible somehow of the little girls death but it wasn’t proven in court beyond a reasonable doubt. I believe you need hard facts not just a likelihood George was involved. Jmo the prosecution can’t be reaching for evidence they will need to stick to evidence.

If he, in any way, helped in purchasing items, the planning, or the execution of the crimes, he is as guilty as anyone else involved. Even if he only drove them to one place that night, he is as guilty as anyone else. If he drove them not knowing what they intended to do, he is guilty as the others.

If he, in any way, helped in purchasing items, the planning, or the execution of the crimes, he is as guilty as anyone else involved. Even if he only drove them to one place that night, he is as guilty as anyone else. If he drove them not knowing what they intended to do, he is guilty as the others.

I think one of the jurors might have also had the hots for Casey Anthony (that happened in the Jodi Arias case too.) JMHO

Yes he should have been a suspect right away but they only did one formal
(video and audio) interview with Jake, one with Angie and one with Billy from April 2016 to May 2017. In May 2017 they started pushing more interviews with the Wagners interviewing GW4 in Montana where they were trying to buy property after their mortgage fraud fell through in Missouri.

All 4 Wagners were interviewed in May 2017 - at least once in Montana I think - so we know they were in Missouri and Montana in spring 2017 where we have seen a "gap" in their whereabouts.

They also pushed 3 lie detector tests on BJM and at least 2 on James. Then in May 2017 they made James look guilty of possible involvement.

They claimed he was texting with Jake at 2:00am the night of the murders and that his truck was used in an aggravated murder so it was being tracked. Then they arrested James for destroying the tracker but would not say what the aggravated murder involved. They dropped charges saying they didn't want to give out more information.

Point is, seems they spent a lot of time on the Manleys that first year and took a year to finally start all those formal interviews and searches of the Wagners. Only opinion.
His truck being targeted at that time could have had something to do with keeping JM from making a revenge mistake? I just don't get that whole used in the committing of aggravated murder. In hindsight what the heck was that all about? At the time JM's truck was tagged, weren't the W's already suspected?

What is interesting is how would Canepa know they watched the Boon Dock Saints
movie the night of the murders before committing the murders? Probably all 4 sat around watching it.

They were not wire tapped at that time....Hmmmm....?
The not so burnt media player LE recovered? Depends how new it was, some have internal tracking of what was watched when. I think it involve picking up where you left off watching something. The machines remember.

Things that stand out to me: they all admitted to being at the crime scenes on the night of the murders.

Both brothers dye their hair, presumably before the crimes.

Shoe prints found in blood match the shoe prints of shoes AW was caught on camera buying for her sons. who she says didn’t like them. She ends up throwing them away. Brand new shoes.. thrown away... have you seen her Facebook page she was active in the marketplace, why didn’t she try to sell these new shoes to recoup some of the money?

the trip to Alaska, they brought a shotgun with, but why not any of the other weapons they owned that were apart of the list found in Jakes phone, what were their alibi’s for the missing guns?
Snipped and BBM

they all admitted to being at the crime scenes on the night of the murders

Who admitted this?

Edit: Never mind, I see your answer.

I agree and thought the same...who's card was used, oh Jake's rewards card. Who's computer was it, oh that was Jake's. Who were LE looking for at 260 Peterson Rd, Jake again. I so wish he hadn't been wearing that mask, to see his face and see his reactions better.

His truck being targeted at that time could have had something to do with keeping JM from making a revenge mistake? I just don't get that whole used in the committing of aggravated murder. In hindsight what the heck was that all about? At the time JM's truck was tagged, weren't the W's already suspected?
That was a busy month. Wagner's suspected but JM arrested also.

May 3, 2017---Jake and Angie audio interview

May 8, 2017---GW3 audio interview

May 12 - 13, 2017---LE conducts searches on the Peterson Road property and Flying W Farms and a car lot where the Wagner's were storing trailers.

May 13, 2017---Angela audio interview

May 16, 2017 --- Arrest Warrant for JM see here:
https://th.bing.com/th/id/OIP.x_9W9SgQSql5-VzBVdoa9QHaJ4?pid=Api&dpr=1.5

May 16, 2017---Angela audio interview

May 17, 2017--- Jake audio interview

GW4 was interviewed in Montana and this is the only interview I can find for him so I suspect all the Wagners were in Montana on this date:

May 21, 2017---Angela, Gw3, and GW4 all give audio interviews. Angela also gives a partial video interview.

Last edited:
I've a question...Someone posted that RS, the lead investigator, was subpoenaed to testify, it was posted online somewhere. When the first trial starts, will every witness be subpoenaed and that info listed online before they take the stand?

Yes, they did. Their family is one of the most wealthy and powerful ones in a mostly low income area. They're accustomed to getting their way, bullying people with no repercussions. They're still "pulling strings" to influence the process.

They also thought they were brilliant masterminds but didn't count on technology tripping them up.

They almost got away with it. LE was told immediately of the threats Jake and his family made about custody of Hanna Mae Rhoden's daughter and attempts to make her sign custody documents. LE knew of the fights among family members in the weeks before the murders. Jake should have been their focus from day 1.
I so agree, I thought first thing about him and why he picked up the baby early. Just was not sounding good to me. He should've been first person of interest and listened to the Grandfather!

I've a question...Someone posted that RS, the lead investigator, was subpoenaed to testify, it was posted online somewhere. When the first trial starts, will every witness be subpoenaed and that info listed online before they take the stand?
Witnesses have to be approved by the court and subpoenaed and it is listed on the court docket just like the motions are listed on the docket. Some motions in the Wagner cases have been sealed to keep them out of public view but I'm not sure if they can seal a witness so the public doesn't know who they are until they testify.

IMO, he's proud of the murders. That's the whole point behind the movie. The brothers were vigilantes. EVIL IMO
I am curious what other movies they watched to psych themselves up for the murders. One that came to my mind is "Hell or High Water".

I agree and thought the same...who's card was used, oh Jake's rewards card. Who's computer was it, oh that was Jake's. Who were LE looking for at 260 Peterson Rd, Jake again. I so wish he hadn't been wearing that mask, to see his face and see his reactions better.

I would bet he was not smiling. I think he knows he is not going to get out on bail or out of the other charges. His attorney is already shifting blame. His attorney seems to know that the only chance they have is blame everything on someone else. MOO

Witnesses have to be approved by the court and subpoenaed and it is listed on the court docket just like the motions are listed on the docket. Some motions in the Wagner cases have been sealed to keep them out of public view but I'm not sure if they can seal a witness so the public doesn't know who they are until they testify.
Thanks, I wasn't sure if only witnesses who didn't want to testify had to be subpoenaed.

What is interesting is how would Canepa know they watched the Boon Dock Saints
movie the night of the murders before committing the murders? Probably all 4 sat around watching it.

They were not wire tapped at that time....Hmmmm....?

Maybe it was watched online on AmazonPrime, Netfix or something like that? There would be digital evidence that this movie was watched.

I feel the State should be cautious with the word "never". If the defense can prove the action stated "never happened" did happen at least once, even if it is insignificant in the big picture, it could raise an eyebrow. JMO

I'm no expert, but there seems to be quite a bit more evidence of GW4's involvement, including his purchase of some parts used to make the suppressor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melm818