Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve always believed this was a crime of passion, and that BM actually wasn’t a terrible guy before this event. The thing stopping him from owning up to this, is that he’s managed to justify it in his mind.

I think she learned something about an extramarital affair, or something financial, and she told him it was over.
yes, I agree...and posted earlier that he might have justified killing SM in terms of her having unrelenting health problems with cancer. He perhaps saw himself as being complicit with honorable intentions.

Something scared him, enraged him, and caused him to lash out.

I don’t believe for a second that he will get away with this, and I think in the coming months we will see an arrest. I cannot wait for the day.
I agree, and posted earlier that he possibly justified killing SM because of her unrelenting health problems with cancer. He saw his complicity as an honorable mercy killing at her bequest.

I agree, and posted earlier that he possibly justified killing SM because of her unrelenting health problems with cancer. He saw his complicity as an honorable mercy killing at her bequest.
Agreed. A guy with no history of violence, and no history of marital strife, just doesn’t do something like this.

Unless he lost his temper, which I believe he did.

I think a lot of people look at a case like this through the prism of previous cases, like Scott Peterson, Chris Watts, Patrick Frazee, and countless others.

But anecdotally, and I’m pretty sure statistically, that’s not the norm.

I’ve never felt this was planned, and as we learn more, I just don’t buy it.

I think differently on this aspect, and honestly not to be contrarian. IMO, he has not been a nice person for quite awhile. While it may not have been planned for a long time, it was planned. I feel he is dangerous. MOO.

That’s truly my hope, I just know how long these cases tend to take, and don’t like the whole DA situation.

I think with the increased interest from the media, coupled with folks coming forward to speak about what they know about that weekend (are Morgan and Cassidy going to follow in JP's footsteps here? Maybe the close friend SM was texting with that Saturday?) coupled with hundreds?/thousands? of volunteer searchers set to descend on the area in just over two weeks from now, well, that's a lot of very unwanted attention on whoever is responsible for the disappearance of this lovely lady. I wouldn't be surprised if things change rapidly between now and the 23rd.

jmo

I think with the increased interest from the media, coupled with folks coming forward to speak about what they know about that weekend (are Morgan and Cassidy going to follow in JP's footsteps here? Maybe the close friend SM was texting with that Saturday?) coupled with hundreds?/thousands? of volunteer searchers set to descend on the area in just over two weeks from now, well, that's a lot of very unwanted attention on whoever is responsible for the disappearance of this lovely lady. I wouldn't be surprised if things change rapidly between now and the 23rd.

jmo
I can’t tell you how much I love the situation right now. And I do have a great deal of hope we are closer to the end than ever.

I just think local LE, the CBI, and FBI are ready. But they need a willing DA. Things are coming to a head.

It feels that way.

I am speculating that the move to CO was to leave behind a 3rd party that BM may have been more than a little friendly with, in an attempt to 'try again' and to reconcile any difficulties in the marriage. I imagine the trust that existed prior to such an incident would then be non-existant - this could explain why SM could potentially be snooping through BM's Facebook, Insta etc. in turn this would cause one hell of an argument where I could picture a VERY angry BM if he found out or was confronted, he could have fatally hurt Suzanne and then consequently pretended to be her during Saturday through social media.

This is all MOO, apologies for any mistakes or if it doesn't make sense - I have had one too many glasses of wine and not enough sleep in the last 24 hrs :p

Welcome Lyanna, a new poster.:):):)
Your thoughts are possible.
BM would go into a rage and perhaps hurt SM, if he found she had snooped on him.
After the event, he worked on social media, perhaps after body removal etc.

When my friend, revealed, she had snooped on her husband due to his affair, he also really lost his temper.
She is fine.

Agreed. A guy with no history of violence, and no history of marital strife, just doesn’t do something like this.

Unless he lost his temper, which I believe he did.

While I do agree with this statement, I do have to also toss in here that we actually don't know if there's any history of violence from BM (towards SM). Just like we don't know if there's a history of marital strife. While I'm not saying there is, or there's any record of it, I am saying that it's incredibly common to sweep it under the rug, for a lot of couples and for a LOT of reasons. I think the 1 person that would know for sure about such things, is the same person that had her conversation with SM end abruptly on the 9th.

We do have at least 1 person back in Indiana as well, that filed a police report that documented BM does have it in him to get violently physical. So, there's that. And that shouldn't be ignored.

jmo

1. We don't know if most of her friends live in IN since her friend list is private.
2. I don't think her friends/family seeing her marked as online at an odd hour would be enough for them to comment that it was "out of character" for her.
3. I suspect it was something more obviously out of character.

jmo

Agreed. That was my first impression when that info came out as well. I was just trying to fit it in with a potentially new context. But i think you’re right, I’m seeing signs that BM understood cameras but not digital evidence.

Well I happen to think BM WAS a terrible guy.

- we know he's a prolific liar, it flows right off his tongue.

- he does have a history of violence, per the guy in Indiana who had a fight w/ him on a job site.

- he was a controller, per anonymous friend of SM from Indiana.

- We don't know if there was marital strife or
violence toward SM behind closed doors.

- all wasn't hunky dory in the marriage according to SM's friend.

- as with other controlling husbands he isolated his wife away from her family and friends.

- he delayed even asking for help to find his missing wife. too soon.

- he turns everything into a monologue about
himself. Totally self absorbed.

- We still don't know the REAL reason they
uprooted their life and moved to Colorado.
Maybe this will come out or maybe not.
I suspect BM wanted a fresh start where people
didn't know his reputation.

So no, BM is not Mr. Nice Guy. He'll fit right in with the other personality disordered murderers.

moo

Last edited:
It wouldn't surprise me to find that some members of the Moorman family had spotted some signs and that's what caused the cooling of relations between Morphews and Moormans. There has to be a reason for SM having less contact with her family over the last two years.
Narcissists can be very charming. If one of her family members had said something negative about BM, SM would be loyal to her husband (not understanding the relevance of the red flags) and stand by him. More importantly, he would make sure that she did, deploying his narcissistic charm to isolate and convince her of how out of order (and wrong) her family was.
Gaslighting, however subtle, would be part of his armory.

Initially in a relationship, (in love etc), the victim is not aware of the gaslighting.
With time and many incidents, friend's and family comments, the victim takes notice.

I saw this happening, with a new neighbour, as we discussed her husband's actions over time.
Now, divorce proceedings, and all has become clear: unknown debts, lies etc.
Thank goodness, they are not together, but he still causes major problems.

- we know he's a prolific liar, it flows tight off his tongue.

- he does have a history of violence, per the guy in Indiana who had a fight w/ him on a job site.

- as with other controlling husbands he isolated his wife away from her family and friends.

So no, BM is not Mr. Nice Guy. He'll fit right in with the other personality disordered murderers.

moo

Yep, I call this a typical Creep, and they are everywhere.

It wouldn't surprise me to find that some members of the Moorman family had spotted some signs and that's what caused the cooling of relations between Morphews and Moormans. There has to be a reason for SM having less contact with her family over the last two years.
Narcissists can be very charming. If one of her family members had said something negative about BM, SM would be loyal to her husband (not understanding the relevance of the red flags) and stand by him. More importantly, he would make sure that she did, deploying his narcissistic charm to isolate and convince her of how out of order (and wrong) her family was.
Gaslighting, however subtle, would be part of his armory.
Absolutely love all of your posts.
<modsnip>
MOO.

Last edited by a moderator:

- we know he's a prolific liar, it flows tight off his tongue.

moo

He's also behaved in jerk-like fashion when, with absolutely no basis for doing so, he pointed the finger at one former worker - the supposed former employee who lives in Salida and who BM says he fired and warned away from his family because that employee "built the wall crooked" and "used drugs," and subtly implicated another - JP, who has shared with LE and the press what he found in the hotel room when he arrived as commanded by BM to the hotel room in Broomfield on May 10 and who BM has implied is a liar because "he spent 9 years in prison."

Last edited:
Agreed. That was my first impression when that info came out as well. I was just trying to fit it in with a potentially new context. But i think you’re right, I’m seeing signs that BM understood cameras but not digital evidence.

Sometimes I think we (WS members) mistakenly assume "most people" know the things we know about crime and evidence, investigative tools, DNA, etc. - or - that's it somehow common knowledge, giving suspects more credit than they deserve.

In random conversations I have with family, friends & co-workers, I find that "most people" really have a very limited knowledge of these things. We (the collective us, here at WS) know about them because we follow true crime and we read probable cause affidavits, we read ME reports, we listen to pressers and watch the body language of persons of interest, and read the professional opinions of our many VIs on these forums. We're immersed in it, so it's definitely a known to us, but not so much the average person who isn't a true crime follower.

What convinces me this is true, that the "average Joe" doesn't know much about getting away with a terrible crime (thankfully), is that the suspects in SO many cases, ends up doing the same stupid thing, lying about the same stupid thing, having the same stupid motive, giving the same stupid excuses, sometimes even word for word, bashes LE in the same indignant, condescending way, always thinking they're the smartest person in the room.

I think we should all be glad that most terrible criminals are also NOT avid true crime followers.

jmo

While I do agree with this statement, I do have to also toss in here that we actually don't know if there's any history of violence from BM (towards SM). Just like we don't know if there's a history of marital strife. While I'm not saying there is, or there's any record of it, I am saying that it's incredibly common to sweep it under the rug, for a lot of couples and for a LOT of reasons. I think the 1 person that would know for sure about such things, is the same person that had her conversation with SM end abruptly on the 9th.

We do have at least 1 person back in Indiana as well, that filed a police report that documented BM does have it in him to get violently physical. So, there's that. And that shouldn't be ignored.

jmo
Maybe he doesn't tolerate "no" well or being challenged?

There is no stress like financial stress, maybe he suffered from that and it put him over the edge ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
isenhartba