Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #32

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mysti88c

Reaction score
A Chaffee County woman is missing after a neighbor said she went out for a bike ride Sunday and never returned
Chaffee County woman missing since Sunday after neighbor said she went out for bike ride

Media, Maps & Timeline thread (No Discussion)

Suzanne Morphew Case Archive (developed and maintained by WS member AmandaReckonwith)

Verified Experts/Professionals posting in this thread:

10ofRods is a Verified Anthropologist
Angleterre is a Verified LE from England
riolove77 is a Verified Attorney (prosecutor)
Alethea is a Verified Attorney (defense)
otto is a Verified Expert
Chomsky is a Verified Attorney
angelainwi is a Certified Trauma Counselor
gitana1 is a Verified Attorney
Cassidy is a Verified Attorney
lamlawindy is a Verified Attorney (former Prosecutor, now Defence)

Suzanne Morphew FB page
Suzanne Morphew Twitter page

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9 Thread #10 Thread #11 Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #15 Thread #16 Thread #17 Thread #18 Thread #19 Thread #20 Thread #21 Thread #22 Thread #23 Thread #24 Thread #25 Thread #26 Thread #27 Thread #28 Thread #29 Thread #30 Thread #31

Last edited by a moderator:
Please continue discussion here in accordance with The Rules:

Quick rundown of reminders from prior threads:

Rumors are not allowed.

A thread specific decision has been made by Tricia to allow members to discuss Barry Morphew and to speculate about him based on how he is being publicly treated by LE, information from MSM and other WS approved sources (except rumors). Do NOT sleuth him and do NOT trash him.

Do not sleuth anyone else who is not an officially named POI/suspect.

Preview your posts to avoid broken quotes.

Lengthy personal anecdotes are off topic. Stay on topic.

Discuss the case and not each other; state your opinion and move one without arguing or bickering.

Random youtube videos or blogs are not allowed unless approval is given by Tricia or Admin.

Approved sources are MSM, LE, Profiling Evil podcast, Lauren Scharf podcast or social media, Tyson Draper interview with Barry Morphew, Investigation Discovery, Crimeonline.

Do not discuss removed posts or question/challenge moderation on the thread. Doing so is subject to an automatic Time Out.

Please continue discussion here.

IMPORTANT ADMIN NOTE:

Tricia and I have discussed some information that has been received and Tricia has made a thread specific exception to allow Hoosierfan72 to post some very intriguing information. We are very confident the information being shared is true.

It is up to the members as to whether they find the information believable.

Hopefully Hoosierfan72 will be back on board shortly to share with the members.

Last edited:
If BM rented the room on the 9th, it's clear from JP's statements that no one SLEPT in that room. Laid down, ruffled some feathers. I still wonder if he'd asked for or assumed a visit from housekeeping to clean up after him, long before JP would show up.

I hope LE was all over that hotel early on.

Husband of missing Colorado mom Suzanne Morphew denies wrongdoing inside cheap hotel | Daily Mail Online

So Saturday check in? 3pm is the usual time

Saturday May 9
12:30 - SM messaging with friend stops abruptly
Where is the husband?
3pm - husband checks in to the Holiday Inn
11:30 - Loud noises at the dig site? (is this the correct time?)
midnight
1am
2am
3am
4am
5am - husband says he leaves SM sleeping to go work on the job in Denvery
6am - 5:46pm - 911 call

JP arrives at hotel due to family emergency on Sunday - finds wet towels, bleach or chlorine smell and mail.

hmmmm

Do we know the name of the company/LLC that Barry is operating under? I’ve seen the <modsnip>but was just wondering if there is an actual trail of his business, especially for the work on the wall. It appeared that the 2 workers worked for that business but I am just trying to dig a little deeper.

We've not been given permission to sleuth BM's business ventures. Just FYI.

Last edited by a moderator:
DM needs to update the family search fund info.... from the questionable one to the newly formed one.

JMO

If BM rented the room on the 9th, it's clear from JP's statements that no one SLEPT in that room. Laid down, ruffled some feathers. I still wonder if he'd asked for or assumed a visit from housekeeping to clean up after him, long before JP would show up.

I hope LE was all over that hotel early on.

Quoting myself, carrying over from the last thread

Husband of missing Colorado mom Suzanne Morphew denies wrongdoing inside cheap hotel | Daily Mail Online

So Saturday check in? 3pm is the usual time

Saturday May 9
12:30 - SM messaging with friend stops abruptly
Where is the husband?
3pm - husband checks in to the Holiday Inn
11:30 - Loud noises at the dig site? (is this the correct time?)
midnight
1am
2am
3am
4am
5am - husband says he leaves SM sleeping to go work on the job in Denvery
6am - 5:46pm - 911 call

JP arrives at hotel due to family emergency on Sunday - finds wet towels, bleach or chlorine smell and mail.

hmmmm
and didn't JP said he spoke with Barry in person in Salida some time on Saturday correct. Hopefully that will come to light and help narrow down Barry's whereabouts and how much time he had to come and go.

I also like Barry saying that the Broomfield job had been planned for a month and wasn’t something new.

Yet, he talks to a guy that has never worked for him Saturday, and then on Sunday which is also Mother’s Day, he orders that guy to immediately come up to Broomfield for the job.

And the job that had been planned for a month, doesn’t have dirt, tools or machinery needed to do the job.

Keep talking Barry, you’re the smartest guy around. Please tell us everything.

Since we learned there were at least two other employees at the Broomfield job (i.e., not first-time hires), I think it's possible that tools were left with the "trusted employees."

It's possible the work had been planned for a month. BM told AS the wall was built a year ago, and it obviously failed.

In my professional opinion, I believe that BM was notified of the deficient work, and probably received a chargeback on his last month's progress invoice from RTD (released after he corrects the wall).

BM would have an incentive to get that wall fixed so his current pay estimate is released together with the last month's back charge. It would be expected for BM to send a 3-person crew (including JP) to Broomfield.

Also, relative to hotel rooms --as the owner, BM is considered overhead. If he works for RDT or CDOT, the cost of his room is not reimbursable from the state agency -- only the employees such as JP and two others.

Same with labor -- BM can't bill the agency for self-performance. (He allegedly already set up the job --normal practice. Except for this time, BM used it for his personal cover). Nothing normal about trying to use mobilization to cover for disappearing your wife.

Personally, I can poke holes in JP's work complaint except I cannot poke holes in JP's street smarts that he knew he was being played by BM so he opted to do nothing but stay on board for two days to keep his earning. He'd never worked for BM before, he was suspicious of the work offer, to begin with, and did not expect to work for BM again. He lost nothing coming forward to dish on BM!
And BM will say he was trying him (JP) out.

IMO, BM took a legit job and tried to use it as his cover for his evil act.

He failed miserably.

MOO

ETA: Acknowledging there is no sleuthing of BM/BM's business. This post is specific to MSN news as previously reported: deficient wall work, RTD, and 3-person crew including JP in Broomfield. Please don't reply to this post with sleuthing questions. Thanks!

Last edited:
MOO - I have seen reported that SM was last physically seen by the bike mechanic on Thurs 5/7. That is confirmed as she was in his shop.

I don’t think her whereabouts have been known since Fri 5/8, except with regard to the texting she was doing Sat morning.

However, anyone could have been texting on her behalf that Sat., especially considering PE reported that family noticed “uncharacteristic” posts on her social media accounts after the abrupt end to her texting with her friend, thus alluding to it likely not being her who was posting.

IMO her unknown whereabouts start on Fri 5/8. It’s also the start date from which LE asked locals to save video footage.

Since we learned there were at least two other employees at the Broomfield job (i.e., not first-time hires), I think it's possible that tools were left with the "trusted employees."

It's possible the work had been planned for a month. BM told AS the wall was built a year ago, and it obviously failed.

In my professional opinion, I believe that BM was notified of the deficient work, and probably received a chargeback on his last month's progress invoice from RTD (released after he corrects the wall).

BM would have an incentive to get that wall fixed so his current pay estimate is released together with the last month's back charge. It would be expected for BM to send a 3-person crew (including JP) to Broomfield.

Also, relative to hotel rooms --as the owner, BM is considered overhead. If he works for RDT or CDOT, the cost of his room is not reimbursable from the state agency -- only the employees such as JP and two others.

Same with labor -- BM can't bill the agency for self-performance. (He allegedly already set up the job --normal practice. Except for this time, BM used it for his personal cover). Nothing normal about trying to use mobilization to cover for disappearing your wife.

Personally, I can poke holes in JP's work complaint except I cannot poke holes in JP's street smarts that he knew he was being played by BM so he opted to do nothing but stay on board for two days to keep his earning. He'd never worked for BM before, he was suspicious of the work offer, to begin with, and did not expect to work for BM again. He lost nothing coming forward to dish on BM!
And BM will say he was trying him (JP) out.

IMO, BM took a legit job and tried to use it as his cover for his evil act.

He failed miserably.

MOO
all intriguing information - I think JP smelled a set up right away. has this happened before on something of a smaller scale?
JMo

In regards to AM's statement on Lauren's news story last night, he stated that LE asked him where all of BM's coolers were. Did LE see BM entering/exiting the hotel with some coolers (or have him on some video somewhere with coolers in his truck) and that is why they asked about coolers? My other thought is- couldn't the girls maybe have taken any coolers on their camping trip? Just pondering what the missing coolers could mean or not mean? MOO Forgive me if this was already discussed as I missed much of last night's discussion.

MOO - I have seen reported that SM was last physically seen by the bike mechanic on Thurs 5/7. That is confirmed as she was in his shop.

I don’t think her whereabouts have been known since Fri 5/8, except with regard to the texting she was doing Sat morning.

However, anyone could have been texting on her behalf that Sat., especially considering PE reported that family noticed “uncharacteristic” posts on her social media accounts after the abrupt end to her texting with her friend, thus alluding to it likely not being her who was posting.

IMO her unknown whereabouts start on Fri 5/8. It’s also the start date from which LE asked locals to save video footage.
I do think it was her texting, as I don’t think Barry could fake a convo that was not only with a close friend of Suzanne’s, but also had to do with a specific event (a wedding).

So for me, the abrupt stoppage of the text exchange at 2:30 EST (according to PE), is a solid indicator of when something bad happened.

I believe she was murdered Saturday, and then BM got to work (cleaning, getting JP for an alibi, staging the bike, dumping the body, and checking in to the hotel).

That took time.

"Barry checked in to the hotel on May 9 - one day before Suzanne was reported missing by the couple's two adult daughters, M and M. He left the Holiday Inn the following day to head home to Maysville to speak with police and join in the search for Suzanne after she failed to return home." Husband of missing Colorado mom Suzanne Morphew denies wrongdoing inside cheap hotel | Daily Mail Online

Since the previous article stated they (the hotel) turned over surveillance footage (to the police) from the 9th, I tend to believe this part of the junky reporting is actually true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa