Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mysti88c

Reaction score
A Chaffee County woman is missing after a neighbor said she went out for a bike ride Sunday and never returned
Chaffee County woman missing since Sunday after neighbor said she went out for bike ride

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7

Media, Maps & Timeline thread (No Discussion)

Suzanne Morphew Case Archive (developed and maintained by WS member AmandaReckonwith)

Verified Experts/Professionals posting in this thread:

10ofRods is a Verified Anthropologist
Angleterre is a Verified LE from England
riolove77 is a Verified Attorney (prosecutor)
Alethea is a Verified Attorney (defense)
otto is a Verified Expert
Chomsky is a Verified Attorney
angelainwi is a Certified Trauma Counselor
gitana1 is a Verified Attorney

Thread #8

Last edited by a moderator:
PLEASE READ BEFORE CONTINUING DISCUSSION IN THIS THREAD

Tricia wants members to know that she feels very badly that anyone was upset by the thread specific decision she made yesterday to allow discussion of the rumors in this case. She will revisit this matter as the situation warrants.

The Sheriff has specifically stated that Suzanne’s body was not found and Barry has not been arrested. Accordingly, Tricia has reversed the decision to allow discussion of any of the three rumors, specifically that:

- Suzanne’s body was found
- there is a mistress involved
- that Barry was arrested

Do not discuss those rumors.

Do NOT sleuth BM and his businesses and post your findings or questions about his background or businesses on this public thread.

Unless he is named a POI/suspect by LE members may NOT sleuth him; members may ONLY speculate and discuss what has been contained in MSM.

The thread is open once again for members to discuss the case details within the regular WS parameters (i.e. as we believe them to be factual via MSM and LE).

Thank you.

This post falls at random:

Some gentle advice.....
If your post states:
“I remember reading that _____”
OR “Didn’t somebody say that ______”
OR “I don’t have a source but I saw somewhere that _____”
OR anything in that vein, you are posting a potential runaway rumor if it does not have a link to the info in MSM.

Runaway rumors are tough to stop, and often require a thread shutdown to clean up.
I know NO ONE ever intends that with what seems to be innocent questions, but once those words are printed here they can take on a life of their own.
Please consider carefully what you write. You can ask some of these questions in PMs that will remain off the board and not cause a proliferation of mistaken info taking over the thread.

THANKS from me - I really appreciate your efforts!

Faithfully,
CocoChanel

Life Insurance. Raise Premiums or Cancel Policy?
Melrose :)
Depends on type of life ins policy. Briefly, if, a
'limited term' policy, at end of, say, 5 yr or 10 yr term, policy expires. Often can be renewed, at option of owner, if the measuring life (SM) is able to demonstate insurability/pass medical exam, likely w higher premium.
If an old-style 'whole life' policy, carrier cannot cancel policy or raise premiums.
^ A bit oversimplified.^ Besides those two basic types of ins, there are many variations, like 'universal' etc., but as we do not know there were any policies, I hesitate to go into any detail.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Life_insurance
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Term_life_insurance
Whole life insurance - Wikipedia
Universal life insurance - Wikipedia
I'd invite someone w more L/I expertise to chime in. I believe someone on this thread is a currently licensed agent.

Today I learned. Thank you!

Julia Deng on Twitter

This account is verified. Does that mean i can link it here?
You can link it because it's a MSM reporter and great to have a name from Indiana! Noticed the past-tense reference to SM. Do they know more? BM's video embed in the tweet at the link below

Julia Deng‏Verified account @Julia_Deng
Missing Colorado mother Suzanne Morphew lived in Indiana until 2018. She taught 6th grade at Hamilton Heights Middle School in Arcadia. Her family ran Gene's Root Beer & Hot Dogs in Anderson. She was a beloved member of the Alexandria community. TIPS: (719) 312-7530

@WISH_TV
8:45 PM - 27 May 2020

Life Insurance. Raise Premiums or Cancel Policy?
Melrose :)
Depends on type of life ins policy. Briefly, if, a
'limited term' policy, at end of, say, 5 yr or 10 yr term, policy expires. Often can be renewed, at option of owner, if the measuring life (SM) is able to demonstate insurability/pass medical exam, likely w higher premium.
If an old-style 'whole life' policy, carrier cannot cancel policy or raise premiums.
^ A bit oversimplified.^ Besides those two basic types of ins, there are many variations, like 'universal' etc., but as we do not know there were any policies, I hesitate to go into any detail.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Life_insurance
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Term_life_insurance
Whole life insurance - Wikipedia
Universal life insurance - Wikipedia
I'd invite someone w more L/I expertise to chime in. I believe someone on this thread is a currently licensed agent.

Not an agent, but experienced with Indiana teacher benefits. If she retired as a public Indiana school teacher, she most likely would have had the ability to continue her benefits (inc some life insurance policies until Medicare eligibility - typically 65). Most likely the insurance would have been whole life. Additionally, there’s a vendor who comes into the Indiana schools (specializes in Indiana public school employees) who sells voluntary benefits (similar to Aflac), and those can be continued after retirement as well. Those life policies could be term.

I just think Indiana cornfields vs Colorado mountains would appeal to SM because her favorite thing was mountain biking. I’m in the midwest (from the west). I wouldn’t care if my entire family lived here with me, I would leave them all to get back to the mountains :p
Oh yes! Lived in the Midwest for 8 yrs. couldn’t wait to flee!

I could definitely see the mountains (or beaches!) calling them. Do we know if the decision was made to move to CO because the oldest child was going to college there OR the child went to school there because they moved?

Random tidbit about Indiana teachers and retirement. Obviously teachers don’t make a huge amount of money. If (no idea) she was teaching since college, she may have made between $50-$65k. So we can assume that most of the money used to buy the $1.5M house was accumulated by BMs business or another side business SM may have had.

In order for an Indiana teacher to receive pension benefits, the earliest she could receive them would be age 55 (with a lot of variables in length of employment + age). So SM had a minimum of at least 5-6 yrs before she could start drawing her monthly check from the state.

Thanks @MsBetsy for your post confirms what I understood about SM.

It seems I missed out when SM and cancer were approved for WS discussion and now I've read that SM moved to Colorado in need of a new medical team, and hints of a medical "letter" that SM received shortly before going missing.

I'm recalling two types of letters for cancer survivors: 1) letter confirming you've completed your treatment plan and to continue seeing your PCP; and 2) letter stating you've had xx months of negative screens and are now deemed cancer-free.

Is there any reason to believe SM's been anything but healthy in Colorado and that perhaps she simply received the welcomed, cancer-free letter?

Remember, no social media rumors allowed on the main thread.
The cancer info made its way into a Crime Online article a bit back.

“A February post from a social media account believed to belong to Barry Morphew said that his wife had “beat cancer twice.” The Indiana-based source said that Suzanne’s cancer had returned around the time the family was preparing to move to Colorado in 2018, and that she “was not doing well” at that time.”

Missing Suzanne Morphew may have had ‘angst’ about move to Colorado, family friend says [EXCLUSIVE]

THAT is the strangest opening EVER!!

I agree! I'm glad someone else feels that way too. I thought maybe I was the only one who found the first sentence of his statement to be worded oddly. I wonder what makes him think it's an abduction for ransom situation? Have there been any of those in that area in recent memory?

You can link it because it's a MSM reporter and great to have a name from Indiana! Noticed the past-tense reference to SM. Do they know more? BM's video embed in the tweet at the link below

Julia Deng‏Verified account @Julia_Deng
Missing Colorado mother Suzanne Morphew lived in Indiana until 2018. She taught 6th grade at Hamilton Heights Middle School in Arcadia. Her family ran Gene's Root Beer & Hot Dogs in Anderson. She was a beloved member of the Alexandria community. TIPS: (719) 312-7530

@WISH_TV
8:45 PM - 27 May 2020
I read the past tense as to mean former member of the community in Indiana. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member