Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mysti88c

Reaction score
A Chaffee County woman is missing after a neighbor said she went out for a bike ride Sunday and never returned
Chaffee County woman missing since Sunday after neighbor said she went out for bike ride

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7

Thread #8
Thread #9
Thread #10
Thread #11
Thread #12
Thread #13
Thread #14

Media, Maps & Timeline thread (No Discussion)

Suzanne Morphew Case Archive (developed and maintained by WS member AmandaReckonwith)

Verified Experts/Professionals posting in this thread:

10ofRods is a Verified Anthropologist
Angleterre is a Verified LE from England
riolove77 is a Verified Attorney (prosecutor)
Alethea is a Verified Attorney (defense)
otto is a Verified Expert
Chomsky is a Verified Attorney
angelainwi is a Certified Trauma Counselor
gitana1 is a Verified Attorney

Suzanne Morphew FB page
Suzanne Morphew Twitter page

Last edited by a moderator:
PLEASE READ BEFORE CONTINUING DISCUSSION IN THIS THREAD

Tricia wants members to know that she feels very badly that anyone was upset by the thread specific decision she made yesterday to allow discussion of the rumors in this case. She will revisit this matter as the situation warrants.

The Sheriff has specifically stated that Suzanne’s body was not found and Barry has not been arrested. Accordingly, Tricia has reversed the decision to allow discussion of any of the three rumors, specifically that:

- Suzanne’s body was found
- there is a mistress involved
- that Barry was arrested

Do not discuss those rumors.

Do NOT sleuth BM and his businesses and post your findings or questions about his background or businesses on this public thread.

Unless he is named a POI/suspect by LE members may NOT sleuth him; members may ONLY speculate and discuss what has been contained in MSM.

The thread is open once again for members to discuss the case details within the regular WS parameters (i.e. as we believe them to be factual via MSM and LE).

Thank you.

This post falls at random:

Some gentle advice.....
If your post states:
“I remember reading that _____”
OR “Didn’t somebody say that ______”
OR “I don’t have a source but I saw somewhere that _____”
OR anything in that vein, you are posting a potential runaway rumor if it does not have a link to the info in MSM.

Runaway rumors are tough to stop, and often require a thread shutdown to clean up.
I know NO ONE ever intends that with what seems to be innocent questions, but once those words are printed here they can take on a life of their own.
Please consider carefully what you write. You can ask some of these questions in PMs that will remain off the board and not cause a proliferation of mistaken info taking over the thread.

THANKS from me - I really appreciate your efforts!

Faithfully,
CocoChanel

ADMIN NOTE:

Many posts have been removed due to badgering/bullying another member and/or snide, snarky comments and insinuations. This is the second time this has happened in this discussion. It seems our Warnings last time were either forgotten or ignored.

Tag-teaming or bullying another member is absolutely not tolerated by Websleuths and is subject to an automatic time out or permanent ban from Websleuths. Zero tolerance from this post forward. You will either be removed from this thread or permanently banned from Websleuths.

I hope the owner of this rentals company saved his files:
Salida WebCam Hwy 50 East Rocky Mountain Jeep Rentals Colorado | ColoradoWebCam.Net

There is also a link with a camera facing the other direction you can find it on this page (below the one I mentioned above):
Buena Vista Salida Chaffee | ColoradoWebCam.Net

I could not find an establishment with a camera facing the South Arkansas river. There are only cameras for the Arkansas river.
I was going to add these links to the media thread but if they are fluid it may not be that helpful??

I'm in the contracting business.
If he's doing his own labor with some daily hires I can't imagine he could own that home of that value.
Something else is going on here imo.
BBM:

Of course it is.

Fotis Dulos also gave every appearance of running a "highly successful" business.
Turns out, both he and his business were abject failures.
That exterior veneer of success was completely superficial.

He was nothing but a con artist.
His business was a bust, and he was in a deep, deep financial hole from which he couldn't extricate himself.

I think that we're looking at exactly the same type of situation here.
I'm wondering if BM has always done his own business taxes.

I'm convinced that money lies at the root of SM's disappearance.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil."

JMO.

Last edited:
I can add something. In Michigan, where I was a contractor, I paid $35 to a group that did due diligence to make sure I got paid for jobs. In order to "put a legal lien" you must first provide a "notice of furnishings" to the contractor and to the owners. This notice to owner "I am providing labor and 5 yards of dirt on June 1 2020 for cement pad at 123 X Street"-prevents owner or contractor subbing to- from saying "I did not ask contractor to sub out dirt I was gonna do it" and refuse to pay. So - to file a lien-in Michigan-you need a notarized notice of furnishings and receipt saying owner received it. (Before starting work).
Not many small guys know this so consider the source- many have gone bankrupt over this omission

In all of these conversations about searching the poured foundation at the home being built, I want to know why and how the were so precise in the rectangle they jack hammered out. I know they are said to have used ground x-ray or something similar and that doesn't show an exact outline, but, just what might be an anomaly in the ground. Why that exact rectangle and not a spot five feet to the left or three feet the other way.

It seems to me that if it was a general tip or a tip about a possible body in bits, then they would have done smaller test holes all over the slab and let the dogs sniff. What they did, did not make sense to me. Unless there were several truck loads brought and somehow they could say that a particular load was dumped in that spot of the foundation. MOO MOO MOO

Artificial knee, hip, braces on teeth, dentures, pacemaker..........a zillion giveaways. moo

Oh, so true.

If we're still talking about the body found in the gun box, I was thinking there would probably be hair. Also things like projection of the nose, chin and width of the cheekbones, angle of the jaw. I'm guessing the leg bones didn't give strong clues as to sex, so the person is probably in the area where women overlap especially with boys who are still growing.

After the finding of the kids in Idaho, it struck me how often murderers choose some place close to home or very well known to them.

Agreed. I listened to “Dad with a pocket”. BM states that LE found a personal item and they did not let him know what it is. Either he will not tell because it makes him look guilty, or LE won’t tell him what it is because they know it is something that he is involved with and makes him look guilty.

Or, it's just following procedure. I think husbands are always on the short list of who gets implicated when a woman goes missing and it does sound like BM claims to be the last person who saw Suzanne.

I can't think of any investigative teams who would willingly tell someone who already is or might be a POI what the evidence is. If it's something obvious like helmet or cell phone, let the husband figure that out in the natural way that any normal person would, and then ask about it. Let them come to you and talk. There's a ton of stuff that a husband can figure out about the state of mind and doings of a missing wife. They can explain typical habits, they can guess at what they had on them - and check the house carefully. If wife usually took a particular pair of sunglasses, are they where they usually are? Did she usually take a phone? If her phone was at the house, presumably LE knew that on May 10, after BM got back from where ever he was (I'm assuming he actually was in Denver that day, at this point, or else I think this investigation may have gone a bit differently).

Sorry if this was already posted..I am behind.

The beneficiary of the Go ***** ** is now MM.

Yep, it is so.

The changes with the g f m are certainly interesting; MM now beneficiary, and BM’s mother is no longer listed as a beneficiary OR as a team member.

Sure makes me wonder what is going on behind the scenes with the M family dynamics.

Yep, it is so.

The changes with the g f m are certainly interesting; MM now beneficiary, and BM’s mother is no longer listed as a beneficiary OR as a team member.

Sure makes me wonder what is going on behind the scenes with the M family dynamics.

Bizarre to have it changed so many times, especially in the absence of any other messaging or updates from the fundraising campaign.

But it is finally the correct beneficiary, IMO.

This, combined with the court document for guardianship—getting ducks in a row to provide financial support for SM’s daughters?

Speculation, MOO

@Dave F., I’ve gone back to the maps again, and am wondering if you know if there are any locked gates to prevent someone from driving along the power line right of way, and going up the mountain that way.

Obviously, the power company has to be able to get a vehicle along the power line route for inspections, maintenance, etc.

Does anybody know how accessible it is?

It looks like a trail more or less follows the power line right of way, is it considered part of the Colorado Trail system?

Bizarre to have it changed so many times, especially in the absence of any other messaging or updates from the fundraising campaign.

But it is finally the correct beneficiary, IMO.

This, combined with the court document for guardianship—getting ducks in a row to provide financial support for SM’s daughters?

Speculation, MOO
or legal fees... it's better now for additional fundraising IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members