Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mysti88c

Reaction score
A Chaffee County woman is missing after a neighbor said she went out for a bike ride Sunday and never returned
Chaffee County woman missing since Sunday after neighbor said she went out for bike ride

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7

Thread #8
Thread #9
Thread #10
Thread #11
Thread #12
Thread #13
Thread #14Thread #15

Media, Maps & Timeline thread (No Discussion)

Suzanne Morphew Case Archive (developed and maintained by WS member AmandaReckonwith)

Verified Experts/Professionals posting in this thread:

10ofRods is a Verified Anthropologist
Angleterre is a Verified LE from England
riolove77 is a Verified Attorney (prosecutor)
Alethea is a Verified Attorney (defense)
otto is a Verified Expert
Chomsky is a Verified Attorney
angelainwi is a Certified Trauma Counselor
gitana1 is a Verified Attorney

Suzanne Morphew FB page
Suzanne Morphew Twitter page

Last edited by a moderator:
PLEASE READ BEFORE CONTINUING DISCUSSION IN THIS THREAD

Tricia wants members to know that she feels very badly that anyone was upset by the thread specific decision she made yesterday to allow discussion of the rumors in this case. She will revisit this matter as the situation warrants.

The Sheriff has specifically stated that Suzanne’s body was not found and Barry has not been arrested. Accordingly, Tricia has reversed the decision to allow discussion of any of the three rumors, specifically that:

- Suzanne’s body was found
- there is a mistress involved
- that Barry was arrested

Do not discuss those rumors.

Do NOT sleuth BM and his businesses and post your findings or questions about his background or businesses on this public thread.

Unless he is named a POI/suspect by LE members may NOT sleuth him; members may ONLY speculate and discuss what has been contained in MSM.

The thread is open once again for members to discuss the case details within the regular WS parameters (i.e. as we believe them to be factual via MSM and LE).

Thank you.

This post falls at random:

Some gentle advice.....
If your post states:
“I remember reading that _____”
OR “Didn’t somebody say that ______”
OR “I don’t have a source but I saw somewhere that _____”
OR anything in that vein, you are posting a potential runaway rumor if it does not have a link to the info in MSM.

Runaway rumors are tough to stop, and often require a thread shutdown to clean up.
I know NO ONE ever intends that with what seems to be innocent questions, but once those words are printed here they can take on a life of their own.
Please consider carefully what you write. You can ask some of these questions in PMs that will remain off the board and not cause a proliferation of mistaken info taking over the thread.

THANKS from me - I really appreciate your efforts!

Faithfully,
CocoChanel

Sorry, this took longer than expected.

LINKS !! If you state something as fact, you MUST provide links.

Please note that sleuthing family social media is not allowed. This includes BM.

Posts that are considered directly accusatory against BM are not allowed.

There is nothing in MSM to substantiate speculation about a history of domestic violence. Discussing it as if it is a given is not allowed as it is accusatory against a person who has not officially be named a POI/suspect.

Thread is open again.

Admin Notes of May 20, May 24, May 29th have ALL stated that the whereabouts of the daughters is off limits.

Next member who enquires about their whereabouts will receive a 1 week Time Out from Websleuths.

ADMIN NOTE:

Many posts have been removed due to badgering/bullying another member and/or snide, snarky comments and insinuations. This is the second time this has happened in this discussion. It seems our Warnings last time were either forgotten or ignored.

Tag-teaming or bullying another member is absolutely not tolerated by Websleuths and is subject to an automatic time out or permanent ban from Websleuths. Zero tolerance from this post forward. You will either be removed from this thread or permanently banned from Websleuths.

ADMIN NOTE:

This post lands at random.

Websleuths is primarily pro-LE unless there is reason not to be. They aren't obliged to tell the public anything about their investigation just to satisfy curiosity. Members have no idea what LE is doing or has done behind the scenes that we are not privy to.

The evidence will lead. Just because that evidence hasn't got this wrapped up to the public's satisfaction in 1 month does not mean they don't know what they are doing.

Local, state and federal agencies are involved. To criticize, speculate or insinuate that any of them have not conducted a case properly just because we don't know every single detail is not appropriate when there are simply no specifics in MSM to substantiate such allegations.

Some posts have been removed. Please move on from any speculation that LE doesn't know what they are doing.

Thank you.

Posts discussing a random video have been removed.

While random blogs or videos can be interesting, WS limits what we rely on as fact. We have no idea who all these various youtubers or bloggers are and no way of vetting them, therefore no way of knowing their sources.

We have had instances in the past where non-factual information has been presented by random sources, even down to Missing Persons pages who have stated a child was found when the child was in fact deceased. We know of other youtube videos where misinformation has been put out. There is a reason we don't allow just any old source.

Stick to MSM, LE and approved WS sources. If you don't know whether or not a source is approved, please ask before posting so we don't have page after page to go through to locate and remove the various responses.

Thanks.

Crimeonline has indicated BM is an "avid hunter, a claim that is supported by photos on Morphew's social media accounts."

Members may discuss him being a hunter but sleuthing his social media and discussing details from it is still off limits here.

Spontaneous .... has anyone else , other than BM, ever directed, starred in and released their own video plea to find their missing loved one? I've never seen anything like it, I find it bizarre and suspicious, but just curious, is this a world-first?
Back to reading posts, end of spontaneous thought.

Spontaneous .... has anyone else , other than BM, ever directed, starred in and released their own video plea to find their missing loved one? I've never seen anything like it, I find it bizarre and suspicious, but just curious, is this a world-first?
Back to reading posts, end of spontaneous thought.

Yes --1990... Pamela Smart!

Not missing a loved one but I think she produced her "find my husband's killer."

Last edited:
You have to keep in mind that the Sheriff provided a qualified response to the question of how the more time that passes searching for a missing person, the dwindling chances....but he was ultimately optimistic the SM was alive.

No, I would never expect the Sheriff to say he believed SM was deceased -- even if true.

The Sheriff stating SM is probably deceased would only lead to a fury of inquires including how, when, why, cause of death, manner of death, and more!

No way would the Sheriff do that to her children and family -- especially since it's still a missing person investigation.

MOO

I know the Sheriff is not publicly announcing she is believed to be deceased. That's not where I am pointing at. But a sheriff can refer to many things; believed to be in danger, ect.. Because that's also a reasonable assumption.

There is a big difference between: ''We're assuming she is still alive"
And: "Suzanne Morphew is still missing, ect"

Just that particular frase stood out to me.

BM will have to account to LE for every second of every day, all his movements from the last moment anyone physically saw
SM. I'm guessing there will more than likely be a period of time for which he cannot account for his whereabouts, be it 30 minutes, an hour, two ..... that's when some cctv or dashcam will come into the picture. MOO

Yes --1990... Pamela Smart!

Not missing a loved one but I think she produced her "find my husband's killer."
Thanks Seattle1, I'll have a look for that now.

Timeline
6/10 - press release
Suzanne Morphew update June 10 - Chaffee County Sheriff

6/1 - BM files incapacity proceedings in IN probate court seeking guardianship of SM - petition to sell property included - Temporary Letters issued naming BM Guardian and Order entered to sell property 6/5

Barry Morphew files for guardianship of missing wife Suzanne Morphew

5/29 - SM hometown shows support
Missing woman's hometown shows support

5/28 - SM family told not to comment per Lauren Scharf

5/27 - Crimeonline reports "angst" at move
Missing Suzanne Morphew may have had ‘angst’ about move to Colorado, family friend says [EXCLUSIVE]

5/26 - family private reward increased by $10K to $210,000
https://heartoftherockiesradio.com/reward-increased-to-210000-for-information-leading-to-suzanne-morphew/

5/25 - Crimeonline reports on email message to IN church from "family"
‘They can’t find her’: Message to church group shows desperate plea in early days of search for missing Colorado mom Suzanne Morphew [REPORT]

5/24 - CCSO search of private property completed. CCSO believes someone has a "key piece of information"
May 24th, Press Release - Chaffee County Sheriff

5/24 - fundraising page lists BM's mother as beneficiary
‘We’re in the dark’: Missing Suzanne Morphew’s family waits and worries two weeks after Colorado mom’s mysterious disappearance [EXCLUSIVE]

5/23- CCSO no new updates
Press release May 23, 2020 - Chaffee County Sheriff

5/22 - residential private property searched -owner cooperating reported as a job site for BM. CCSO confirm nothing found related to SM
May 22 Press Release - Chaffee County Sheriff

5/21 - nobody actually saw her on a bike
‘Nobody actually saw her on her bicycle’: Questions persist amid changing reports on the investigation into Suzanne Morphew’s Mother’s Day disappearance

5/20 - Local fire dept excluded from search per Chief interview
Police search and carry out evidence bags from the $1.5M home of missing Colorado mom | Daily Mail Online

5/20-Dailymail breaks story with pics of family home search and items removed - search warrant sealed
Police search and carry out evidence bags from the $1.5M home of missing Colorado mom | Daily Mail Online

5/19- family home searched (corrected to cordoned off)
BREAKING: Police prohibit Suzanne Morphew’s family members from entering home

5/18- NAMUS file created
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

5/18 - CCSO asks for video to be preserved from 5/8-5/12

May 18 Press release - Chaffee County Sheriff

5/17 - BM puts out plea via FB missing page (video)
Find Suzanne Morphew

5/15 - personal item located per sheriff (not identified) highway closed for LE search, family says that the personal item is not the bike, TN gives interview
HWY 50 Temporary Closure for Search for missing woman - Chaffee County Sheriff
Item or Items?
YouTube

5/14-Reward doubled to 200K (friend)
TN tells reporter bike has been found
Sheriff Spezze said they had found a few more item(s) the previous day 5/14.

Searching For Suzanne Morphew: Reward For Information Doubled To $200,000

Missing Colorado mother Suzanne Morphew’s bicycle has been found, family says

'We Want Her Back': $200,000 Reward Offered In Search For Suzanne Morphew

5/13 - Sheriff - open criminal investigation, probability of animal attack not very high
no comment, FBI and CBI joined in search

5/13 - 100K reward announced, FB set up by TN, fundraising set up for private searching by TN
Family: Suzanne Morphew's Husband Offers $100,000 Reward In Disappearance Investigation

Find Suzanne Morphew

https://www.********.com/f/suzanne-morphew

5/12- search continues - no volunteers requested
YouTube

5/11 - search resumed early morning hours - cell phone? Sheriff replied no comment
News conference: Chaffee County Sheriff provides update on missing Maysville woman

5/10 -911 called (neighbor) after getting a call that SM did not come back from the bike ride. LE arrives to search
MISSING: Colorado woman vanishes after going for a bike ride
———-
Looking for
5/14. When Colorado Channel 2 reporter asked Mr. Morphew if he’s interested in making a public plea, Mr. Morphew said “at this point it’s simply too soon”.
(Need channel 2 video)
And SM’s brother comment - this is not going to end well - link to msm
Thanks

Actually it's a husband driving and wife filming, in my opinion. They didn't go by SM's house. They said they did, but it was the neighbor's house. They drove all the way to Fooses Lake and even a little bit up the trail to the left of the dam. You can see all of the landmarks. Somehow, they then ended up coming down the Colorado trail through part of the power line clear cut, passing the lake of the right (or opposite) side, You can briefly see the Fooses Dam covered spillway go by the passenger window, which some people have identified as a possible bridge. The last video ends just short of that "Y" again. Also, they call CR225 when they should say CR226, and vice-versa, but otherwise their video set is by far the best capture of the actual area she was riding through. IMO
There are five videos altogether.
April Isaacs, MS, RPT
Thanks for the five video link and that bit of info, Dave F, will have a look at them all, indebted.

AFAIK, LE is allowed to lie straight to your face in interviews, so I would assume they could lie to you about evidence or what they've found.

That is correct. Except for threatening the person being questioned (or his family) with harm, investigators are allowed wide latitude during interrogation in terms of telling a person that they posses evidence or that a co-conspirator has turned against him. That's why -- & I was deputy prosecutor for about 7 years & have now been a defense attorney for 9 years -- it's imperative to ask for counsel if authorities are questioning you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay