Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
How would one get a bike to this spot to stage a crime? Would you have to walk or ride the bike to the spot? Seems like it would be a conspicuous activity.
If Suzanne had been riding her bike that day, would she have been likely to have been wearing gloves?
Would be interesting to know if LE got some clear fingerprints off handlebars of last person to handle the bike.

"He was a nice, quiet man" is often said by friends and neighbors in cases where there's been a murder within the family.

But there are signs when people are open to possibility. Scott Peterson had friends who knew that he wasn't happy - he didn't hide it. I suspect Young, Watt, Harris, etc. all shared their feelings with someone. Doesn't take much - I used catch a fast food lunch with a co-worker, on occasion, and wouldn't have been the least bit surprised if he did something like this - but no one else saw it.

I guess what I'm saying, in this case, is if it turns out like it seems, there will be a buddy, somewhere, who will paint a picture that no one else wanted to see.

If he owned his own trucks, there would have been another search site we’d already know about...because clearly they weren’t parked at his home.

So when were you able to see inside the triple garage? How do you know this? Several others have posted that some equipment could easily into those garages.

The drone flyover did not peer into the garage either.

Please stop sleuthing BM and his businesses and posting your findings or questions on this public thread.

Unless he has been named a POI/suspect by LE members may NOT sleuth him; members may ONLY speculate and discuss what has been contained in MSM.

ETA: This is the 5th post of this nature just since Sunday. If members won't listen to Mods and Admins, perhaps they will listen to the silence of thread bans or TOs. ZERO tolerance from now on.

Has any information been released about life insurance policies? Did they exist? How much? ....
While we don't know about this (and money certainly could have been a motive with this crime), I'd be surprised if any recent life insurance policies could have been taken out on SM given what's been reported in MSM re: her health. MOO

So when were you able to see inside the triple garage? How do you know this? Several others have posted that some equipment could easily into those garages.

The drone flyover did not peer into the garage either.

IIRC, LE never opened the garage doors during house lockdown, at least, not during the flyover.

Gannon...
Suzanne has an “admirer”, either in her sphere of influence or BM’s . They have knowledge of her habits and the remoteness of her home, and also BM’s absence that weekend.
They have been watching and waiting, for some time, perhaps developing a casual acquaintance, waiting for an opportunity.

So the weekend ride provides a bit of a good chance for plan to work...he is waiting for her to reach a certain point to have that chance meeting, even “causing her to jam brakes, offers to drop her off at home, throws bike in vehicle. She knows and trusts him, but as the route veers from her homeward path, she becomes alarmed, throws out the personal item... he restrains or knocks her out, and continues on their was.

he has knowledge of her bike ride route and stages bike along this.

this is just wild speculation, but the more of these we rule out, the more the probability of BMs guilt, several variations on this one.
JMO, if course.

Now, admirer could be someone in their old life, new life( bike club, church, BM’s work force, firefighters family, large suspect pool!

You are right. I am not sure.
Let me rephrase. Redundant systems very likely to have had some info..
Dang it, I was hoping you were sure, maybe you'd spotted a current MSM pic that I missed. ;)
I'm guessing they do, but we just don't know.
Nor do we know if they were on, in working order, recording, etc.

Theme of this case... "we don't know".

100% selfishness, fueled by 100% evil.
No matter how charming the outer package may appear, a person who can murder their loving, devoted spouse, is just selfish and evil.

jmo

The use of Charming here is an apt descriptor for BM.

And one of the definitions of charming
Control or achieve by or as if by magic. "pretending to charm a cobra" · "she will charm your warts away"

Biking Gloves?
If Suzanne had been riding her bike that day, would she have been likely to have been wearing gloves?
Would be interesting to know if LE got some clear fingerprints off handlebars of last person to handle the bike.
kiwi50 :)
AFAIK, we don't know whether she would have been wearing gloves, esp'ly since we don't know if she rode a bike Sunday. But----
--- Some biking gloves have no fabric on the fingers or fingertips. Someone wearing them could still leave fingerprints. on bike & elsewhere.
upload_2020-5-27_15-19-47.png
---- Other biking gloves have fabric covering fingers, w special fabric/patches on fingertips, so wearer can still use keys on cell phones, tablets, other touchscreen devices. Possibly could leave a distinctive mark, even if not a fingerprint.
--- {ETA: Of course, she might have worn ordinary gloves. IDK what weather was like.}
shopping

Catching up. Sorry if aleady answered.
(^ images copied from amazon)

Last edited:
My first WebSleuths's post.

A few things we do know:
-neighbor calls 911 (Chaffee County woman missing since Sunday after neighbor said she went out for bike ride)
-rigorous LE search starts right away (Chaffee County Sheriff's Office, CBI, FBI now investigating disappearance of Maysville area woman)
-house cordoned off (when did this happen?) (Authorities cordon off home of missing Chaffee County woman)
-family offer cash reward for return of SZ early on (WATCH: Chaffee County Sheriff gives update about missing woman)
-the much cited BM video appeal suggests foul play/abduction (Missing Colorado woman's husband releases video pleading for her safe return - KRDO)
-no description of missing person at time of disappearance, no last seen date, etc.

If the 2 MMs contacted the neighbor and asked her to check on their mom, could the neighbor have seen "something" that triggered an immediate call to 911 (as opposed to her getting back in touch with the daughters)? [I'm thinking here of an open door or sign of forced entry, sign of struggle or injury, a message, alarm going off with no one home, rotting food on counter, 2 weeks of newspapers in the driveway, etc.] Could that same "something" have led LE to focus investigation (eg, definitely not an animal attack), hence cordoning off of home, family offering cash reward, BM video theme, etc? I suppose this is why so many folks have asked about the content of the 911 call.

I am following this WS discussion with morbid fascination and am impressed by the knowledge this group brings to the table.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member