Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
After the latest interview with AM I got the impression that BM does not approve of drugs and alcohol. Andy said he was "anti-drug city." Imo

Hmmm. Well, there’s lots of research that says BM is therefore possibly a user, himself as a reaction formation.

At any rate, I wouldn’t infer anything either way - just yet - about BM and drugs, but the fact that he was so anti-drug as to deny his wife treatment that she thought might benefit her...is a red flag. It’s two red flags. It’s making a decision for someone else (wife) and it’s an balanced decision (anti-drug).

He sounds controlling but also short-sighted.

At any rate, rehab is filled with people who seemed to their families to be very “anti-drug.” BM may or may not be that type of person. He certainly is now in a situation where his whole life is under scrutiny.

There are things he could do to mitigate this - perhaps he needs a different attorney.

Doubt they left it in Moab or Idaho, wherever they camped though
Should have been with them and at the home upon return that evening of Mother’s Day

I don’t think LE is interested in coolers used by the daughters (who, btw, cannot be sleuthed here).

I do think LE got quite a bit of video of BM around town from May 8-12 and that he may have been seen with a cooler. Or, that it is reasonable to speculate that a landscaping contractor would have a cooler...which is now a subject for LE to ask about...

Just the age and type of girls they are. High school team sports, organized camp for teens, sports or church seems right.

Ohhh, my post above thought ‘hostel’ was referred to not hosted, oops

<modsnip>
4 months in hard to remember but why didn’t SM go on the trip as well ?
Just curious?

Last edited by a moderator:
I know some may think the whole chlorine/bleach saga is not important, but I think it’s very relevant.

For one, you have JP mentioning the smell, and then BM agrees with it. So, JP obviously was truthful with that, why would we doubt the other things he’s said? I don’t- just saying.

Then, where would the product come from? If BM got it from the hotel, we should have CCTV of his comings and goings. However, if BM, perhaps went to Walmart and made a purchase, we will likely have the CCTV of that, as well.

Finally, we have the report of the HOUSE having the same smell! Coincidence? I don’t think so. IMO, this chlorine/bleach dilemma may be important after all, especially, if it was purchased during this time frame. Let’s say someone used all the bleach at home and couldn’t find any at the store due to covid. Liquid chlorine would be the next best alternative, and since it’s seasonal at Walmart, they had just started putting it out in May.
I guess we shall see, but I don’t believe in coincidences personally.

I’m about 10 pages behind, but I wanted to jump in and say...

We have a pool, and it needed some shock(chlorine packets), so I bought the shock, but I also picked up a bottle of liquid chlorine because I wanted to see if it was comparable to bleach.

So, I came home placed the shock in the pool, and opened the bottle of liquid chlorine, which was in a bottle JUST like bleach. It straight up smelled identical to bleach to me. I poured half the bottle in the pool, then brought the rest up and poured in the bathtub and let it sit. I wanted to see if it would permeate the bathroom with the smell, which it did. I drained the tub.

This was a couple of hours ago. I just went to go check, and the smell is still lingering. I’m trying to decide if it was chlorine he smelled or bleach. I will say I bought the liquid chlorine at Walmart :)

I’m wondering if someone may have actually bathed in a chlorine/bleach bath to try and remove any DNA? I know hubby takes a bleach bath for red bugs lol, so it’s possible.

Now, off to catch up!
Apologies if this has already been noted.

Pool shock and bleach both contain the same active ingredient — sodium hypochlorite — and smell similar. But pool shock is usually a 10% to 15% solution whereas beach is only a 5% to 6% solution. So pool shock is 2x to 2.5x stronger than bleach with a stronger smell to go with it.

I have yet to find Lysol or Clorox sanitizing wipes where I live. I’ve been trying since March without luck. But bleach has always been readily available and our pool store has never had a problem providing us with liquid or granular shock to keep our pool water sanitized.

So when we sanitize our countertops, etc, we use a bleach solution of 20ml bleach (or 10ml of shock) and 730ml of water in a spray bottle. It stinks up the kitchen and adjoining rooms for several hours if you don’t open the windows and run fans. If I were traveling these days I’d def take a bottle with me. I have friends that are doing this now.

I fully expected BM to say that he had simply sanitized his room. True or not, it would have ended discussion.

MOO.

If I was Barry's attorney & Barry was on trial, I'd argue that investigators
didn't find evidence of a struggle at the house because Barry didn't do anything to Suzanne. At the end of the day, the police have to find a causal link between Barry & Suzanne's disappearance if they are going to charge & convict him.

This is exactly why I’m glad things are moving slowly. Barry hasn’t been charged yet, because the investigators are building a concise timeline, gathering forensic evidence, and developing the case to link BM to the crime.

It’s gonna happen.
If Suzanne’s family can be patient, so can I.

Andy: "LE said there was no sign of a struggle"

Thoughts @MassGuy? doesn't look like they have the goods to pursue a murder charge without a body.

Struggle does not mean evidence. You can have a struggle that doesn't produce forensic evidence, and you can have forensic evidence without a struggle. If someone comes up behind me and shoots or hits me in the head with a bat there will not be any sign of a struggle. But there will be forensic evidence. And investigators leaving my bleach smelling house with evidence bags in hand can honestly say there was no evidence of a struggle.

I feel the same.During the interview the elder M kept looking over at the younger M while LS was talking, IDK just looked funny to me.
I didn't find it strange at all. I think he depends on Andy and was looking to him for reassurance. I can't even imagine how hard this is for Gene, what an awful thing to endure at the end of your life!! I feel very defensive of him, Suzanne goes missing and now a cancer diagnosis.

I did wonder about Covid and it’s effect on the Morphews. Was it taken seriously in May in Colorado? Barry was working outside the home, and interacting with many many people. The girls were camping in another state. I assume it wasn’t just the two of them, so there were other non-family members with them. They would then be coming back to the house to spend time with their Mom. Did anyone think they needed to be careful around the immunocompromised Suzanne?

Just the age and type of girls they are. High school team sports, organized camp for teens, sports or church seems right.

We know almost nothing about them. What type(s) of girls are they? (Actually, don’t speculate, they are off limits).

But at ages 20/21 and 17, I think they are plenty old enough for a non-hosted camp. At any rate, MSM just says they went camping in Idaho, so let’s leave it at that.

There’s no relationship IMO between being into high school sports and the “type” of girl. Organized sports does not equate to organized camping experiences - especially in early May, in Idaho.

They were camping, with friends, in Idaho. That’s all we know.

Hmmm. Well, there’s lots of research that says BM is therefore possibly a user, himself as a reaction formation.

At any rate, I wouldn’t infer anything either way - just yet - about BM and drugs, but the fact that he was so anti-drug as to deny his wife treatment that she thought might benefit her...is a red flag. It’s two red flags. It’s making a decision for someone else (wife) and it’s an balanced decision (anti-drug).

At any rate, rehab is filled with people who seemed to their families to be very “anti-drug.” BM may or may not be that type of person. He certainly is now in a situation where his whole life is under scrutiny.

There are things he could do to mitigate this - perhaps he needs a different attorney.

Bravo. Yes, so true. Reaction formation is incredibly powerful and I am inclined to believe as @10ofRods states; this is a compensatory mechanism for something he struggles with.
:mad:

Not that it changes the big picture, but I’d still like to know what the deal is with the Morphews and Moormans. Something happened between the families back in Indiana and we’re not being told the whole story.
IMO
I don't know, I'm not convinced of this. It's possible, but I believe when AM was asked if there were issues in the marriage, he wasn't aware of any until possibly recently (based on second-hand reports from her friend). I just think if there was a true falling out AM would have said (he's not exactly holding back right now). He mentioned there was a loss of contact with SM, but I am not sure that was tied to any event. JMO, MOO.

Pool shock and bleach both contain the same active ingredient — sodium hypochlorite — and smell similar. But pool shock is usually a 10% to 15% solution whereas beach is only a 5% to 6% solution. So pool shock is 2x to 2.5x stronger than bleach with a stronger smell to go with it.

I have yet to find Lysol or Clorox sanitizing wipes where I live. I’ve been trying since March without luck. But bleach has always been readily available and our pool store has never had a problem providing us with liquid or granular shock to keep our pool water sanitized.

So when we sanitize our countertops, etc, we use a bleach solution of 20ml bleach (or 10ml of shock) and 730ml of water in a spray bottle. It stinks up the kitchen and adjoining rooms for several hours if you don’t open the windows and run fans. If I were traveling these days I’d def take a bottle with me. I have friends that are doing this now.

I fully expected BM to say that he had simply sanitized his room. True or not, it would have ended discussion.

MOO.
But he didn't say it did he. Maybe he forgot because he was rushing? moo

MOO.

RS&BBM

At first, I sort of expected this too but then I couldn't remember if in early May, most places were even doing this yet? I know some places were but was most of Colorado?

It's kind of hard to keep it all straight since, the last 5+ months have sort of felt like that week between Christmas and New Years. You know, you can't remember what day it is, and/or if you even need to get dressed because, you're probably not going anywhere anyway.

I know at some point fairly early on we were ordering almost everything from online sources and had homemade disinfectant wipes in the foyer to wipe down all packages. But then... different states and provinces were in different states of infection rates at that time so a lot of us weren't really on "high alert" quite yet on Mother's Day weekend. I know not everyone was routinely disinfecting everything in sight, lol. (I still am, don't come for me).

Wondering if our local Colorado folks remember how locked down Mother's Day weekend was where you are?

Thank you for saying this. I have been wondering about it. It seems odd that someone so rigidly anti-drug, even to the extent of not “letting” his wife with cancer try medicinal marijuana, would move the family to a CO mountain town where weed is legal and plentiful lol!
I’ve wondered if it could be a case where it’s ok for him but not for the wife? IDK but it’s been bothering me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member