Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #34

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great questions. I would like to add a two-part #5 and I am sure there are other good questions that need answered.

#5-Who was the first person to find the bicycle that was down off the road and down the steep incline?

And if it was one of the people BM had called to go over to the house area or the neighbor that BM spoke with, then did BM give that person any clues beforehand that got him/her to the general area where bicycle was found?
Yes! I want to know who exactly found the bike & how!

I can say from attending the vigil in Indiana, there were quite a few of BMs family members present (as was AM, of course). It seemed that everyone there was respectful, MOO. Hard to know if it would have been significantly different if BM himself was there, but I agree that 99% of people would see the daughters for the victims they are and be supportive.

It will be interesting to see what BM does with the vigil. On one hand, it is bad form to skip your missing wife's vigil. On the other, we have yet to see BM put himself in a situation that isn't fully controlled. My money is on a no show (I'm going with a "feeling ill" excuse - maybe he ingested some expired peanut butter). JMO.

Or it’s “too soon.” Btw, nice post!
EBM errors

Is it possible LS and LE planned it together this way? Kind of like playing "good cop" "bad cop"? We know BM will not talk to LE but he will talk to LS and has already. This might have been a way to get BM to trust LS so he can talk if he feels LS is on his side and that LE is messing things up, but what I don't like though is why no one showed up to pick up the video footage from the store owner.

Perhaps this is why the business owner/employee did not get a visit from LE requesting any video. That business location was not identified as a search area. Maybe some residents did get a visit from LE and turned over video but certainly not everyone. Just a guess.
As the investigation into the Suzanne Morphew’s missing person case moves forward, Chaffee County residents are being asked to preserve any and all video footage from devices such as Ring doorbells, security cameras, game cameras, etc., from May 8th thru May 12th.

Citizens are only being asked to preserve the video at this time. Please do not send these videos to the sheriff’s office or call the sheriff’s office. As search areas are identified, investigators will contact residents in those locations to collect any camera footage within that May 8-12 window.

May 17 Search Press Release - Chaffee County Sheriff

I can’t reconcile her phone last pinging in the house and her bike being found not at the house. Those two things don’t work together. Add in that the phone should then be at the house but isn’t.... :confused: I don’t even need anything more than that to tell me what happened here.
Someone had a very busy weekend. ^^^

Not making light of what may have happened.

Speculation : I seriously want to hurl at the implications of horrifying betrayal.
What did Suzanne's eyes see for the last time ?
Ugh. :mad:
Imo.

Is it possible LS and LE planned it together this way? Kind of like playing "good cop" "bad cop"? We know BM will not talk to LE but he will talk to LS and has already. This might have been a way to get BM to trust LS so he can talk if he feels LS is on his side and that LE is messing things up, but what I don't like though is why no one showed up to pick up the video footage from the store owner.

IMO, I believe there's zero behind-the-scenes collaboration between LE and LS. I feel the same about any collaboration between LE and SM's family, including her brother. They are literally on the outside. If you or I called or went to CCSO - we would get the same response - zilch.

Yeah, the tools are very important evidence. MOO, he’s on camera bringing tools into the hotel. He cleans them in the room with bleach/chlorine. He might even be on camera brining the tools out, and if that is the case I bet he says he left them in the parking lot for his crew and they were stolen (he wasn’t thinking clearly).

But we are also noticing a discrepancy of when he says he left the hotel and arrived home Sunday night. I’m thinking he disposed of the tools on his way home and that stop off explains why it took him 4 hours to get home that night.

**and I still like my theory that the property insurance letter left in the trash was BM’s business insurance and listed an inventory of tools that he had covered on the policy. He was thinking the room would be cleaned before JP arrived but it wasn’t. **
I live just an hour and a half from Salida up in the mountains. Not disputing what you’re saying about the time it took for him to get home, but the drive out of Denver into the mountains is ALWAYS a traffic jam. It can be bumper to bumper traffic into the canyon outside Denver. Then, once you get past that, Highway 285 to Salida is a winding two lane road through the mountains and backcountry. It’s not an interstate. Four hours sounds a little excessive, but I’ve driven that road and it can take two to three hours depending on traffic.

I hate to say this but I am getting the feeling that the head of the fire dept and the head of LE are trying to cover something up. Why would LE put out so little info on a missing citizen, I know they need to keep things close to the vest but refusing to meet or talk to a national journalist is just not flying with me. What are they hiding?

I hate to say this but I am getting the feeling that the head of the fire dept and the head of LE are trying to cover something up. Why would LE put out so little info on a missing citizen, I know they need to keep things close to the vest but refusing to meet or talk to a national journalist is just not flying with me. What are they hiding?
NNOOO keep the faith. I truly think LE is working hard on this case and I know the FBI was helping with the processing of evidence and regardless of which agency is processing the forensics, I can assure you it usually takes months to get results back. and thats when the world is normal, with COVID the lab are more back up then ever before. I think its highly probably they havent shared anything because their waiting on the results of the testing before they make any official announcements

I wonder what the atmosphere is like at the condo? I can state without hesitation that if my DH went missing under the same circumstances as Suzanne, my then teenager would have been up my rear end every minute of the day badgering me with questions and potentially accusations. MOO

Interesting comment and it gave me several chills. :eek:

I think LE are protecting the integrity of this investigation.
That, and are letting BM sweat it out.

NNOOO keep the faith. I truly think LE is working hard on this case and I know the FBI was helping with the processing of evidence and regardless of which agency is processing the forensics, I can assure you it usually takes months to get results back. and thats when the world is normal, with COVID the lab are more back up then ever before. I think its highly probably they havent shared anything because their waiting on the results of the testing before they make any official announcements
I am trying to have patience but I am just starting to see all the stuff not adding up, maybe its time for me to take a craft break and start making fall wreaths.

Interesting comment and it gave me several chills. :eek:

I think LE are protecting the integrity of this investigation.
That, and are letting BM sweat it out.
its honestly a brilliant plan on their part, they literally have to do nothing but wait until BM totally unravels.. which at this rate could be any day

I am trying to have patience but I am just starting to see all the stuff not adding up, maybe its time for me to take a craft break and start making fall wreaths.
I no its hella frustrating how slowly the wheels of the justice system move. like if they can find a way to stretch something out, you bet your bottom dollar their doing it. But who knows tomorrows a new day, LS has a bomb shell in the wings and IME one person starts talking, its like a avalache picking up speed.

On the other hand self care is important too.I personally like to indulge in jigsaw puzzles, I legit always have one going. its hella relaxing

I live just an hour and a half from Salida up in the mountains. Not disputing what you’re saying about the time it took for him to get home, but the drive out of Denver into the mountains is ALWAYS a traffic jam. It can be bumper to bumper traffic into the canyon outside Denver. Then, once you get past that, Highway 285 to Salida is a winding two lane road through the mountains and backcountry. It’s not an interstate. Four hours sounds a little excessive, but I’ve driven that road and it can take two to three hours depending on traffic.

Not sure about traffic on Mother’s Day, but Covid traffic in May was pretty light in my neck of the woods.

I can’t reconcile her phone last pinging in the house and her bike being found not at the house. Those two things don’t work together. Add in that the phone should then be at the house but isn’t.... :confused: I don’t even need anything more than that to tell me what happened here.
About that cell phone- Andy said:
58:46
suzanne always carried her cell phone
58:49
she tucked it into her shirt by her
58:51
chest every time she rode her bike
58:53
and they cannot find a cell phone

He got that information from someone, who told him that, BM?

Not sure about traffic on Mother’s Day, but Covid traffic in May was pretty light in my neck of the woods.
We drove from Silverthorne to Evergreen (just west of Denver) via 285 just a few weeks ago (about the same distance mileage-wise) and it took us 2.5 hours (granted, that was at the start of the weekend). Getting through Denver alone from Broomfield can take an hour. If you google “distance from Broomfield to Salida,” you’ll get results that say three hours. And that’s entirely traffic dependent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnceAgain