Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you Dotr - it's been quite awhile since following this case, so I did not know their home had been torn down. Thank you for letting me know! :)
May 6, 2019
''The mansion where Barry and Honey Sherman were found murdered in 2017 is being torn down. The North York Community Council approved a request by the family to demolish the home in March.''

Yeah - good luck to selling that house to anyone. They may have to raise i I put my house in Vancouver on the market a few yrs ago. Main people purchasing were Chinese with lots of money.. They have a lot of superstitions like the direction the house faces; The lucky #8 in the address and they wanted to know if anyone died in the house.

Most people die at home so it is not really a big deal . I would expect the Chinese would realize that more than anyone , they typically have a wonderful family arrangement where the grandparents live with them in old age .... they do not ship them off to nursing homes like the rest of us

A house where someone has been murdered , now that would be different. I wouldn't want that either. And I am not superstitious.

Most people die at home so it is not really a big deal . I would expect the Chinese would realize that more than anyone , they typically have a wonderful family arrangement where the grandparents live with them in old age .... they do not ship them off to nursing homes like the rest of us

A house where someone has been murdered , now that would be different. I wouldn't want that either. And I am not superstitious.
rbbm.
Considering the killer(s) have not been identified, it would be prudent to not want the house, imo. speculation.

I think most people want to die at home but due to lack of palliative care teams, nursing care etc, most do not get their wish.

Here in TO there are Chinese nursing homes, along with all other ethnic homes. With busy lives, the elderly of all cultures are 'enjoying' the end of life care in The Home, sadly.

No one, however, wishes to die at home (or elsewhere) as the result of homicide!

May 6, 2019
''The mansion where Barry and Honey Sherman were found murdered in 2017 is being torn down. The North York Community Council approved a request by the family to demolish the home in March.''
Wow! So very very sad. Thank you for posting this.

May 6, 2019
Ohhhh my :-( How very sad.

Yes, I can attest to that. My husband did die in our home (abdominal aneurysm) and they did ask how he died. Of course I told them that and obviously because it was a medical issue, they were able to make the purchase.

May 6, 2019

Anyone notice the movement at the end of the pool opposite the end with the slide?? - watch closely from 20 seconds on...it looks like maybe a poolside umbrella but it's strange how in the stillness it appears to turn and fade away.

Anyone notice the movement at the end of the pool opposite the end with the slide?? - watch closely from 20 seconds on...it looks like maybe a poolside umbrella but it's strange how in the stillness it appears to turn and fade away.

Wow you have sharp eyes! I see what you’re referring to, on the other side of the stairs toward the pool, at the upper left of the video. Yes it’s likely an umbrella flapping in the wind, although I must say it sort of looks like somebody standing there, then suddenly turning away.

Wow you have sharp eyes! I see what you’re referring to, on the other side of the stairs toward the pool, at the upper left of the video. Yes it’s likely an umbrella flapping in the wind, although I must say it sort of looks like somebody standing there, then suddenly turning away.

Opps, that’s upper right of the video, not left. Never can get my left or right straight.

It looks like a person standing, then turning away, fitting somehow. imo.

Can it be a person with a jackhammer, who is preparing the ground around the pool for the bigger machines (demolition excavator), which would be used afterwards? Though Idk, why the person would start near something like a pool umbrella .... (only, if the excavator grabs the tiles together with the pool umbrellas).

The hearing in front of the Supreme of Canada regarding the publication of estate documents should be soon. I believe sometime in October. Not much of significance has happend in the last six months in this case.
Some people are of the belief that someone in the immediate family is behind the crimes. Based on other family crimes historically, this could be a reasonable assumption.

I feel what the Supreme Court rules, will have a significant impact on how this case moves forward.
IMO

The hearing in front of the Supreme of Canada regarding the publication of estate documents should be soon. I believe sometime in October. Not much of significance has happend in the last six months in this case.
Some people are of the belief that someone in the immediate family is behind the crimes. Based on other family crimes historically, this could be a reasonable assumption.

I feel what the Supreme Court rules, will have a significant impact on how this case moves forward.
IMO
rbbm.
SCC begins fall session with carbon pricing references
''Of the civil cases, two are media challenges to sealing orders. On Oct. 6 the court will hear an appeal of an Ontario decision to seal records in the highly publicized murders of Barry Sherman, chairman and CEO of generic pharmaceutical company Apotex Inc., and his wife, Honey, in Toronto in December 2017. Investigative journalist Kevin Donovan and his employer, the Toronto Star newspaper, have brought two applications seeking a variation of the sealing orders that keep the estate’s probate application private.

The Supreme Court’s decision in the case is expected to provide guidance on the balance between protecting personal privacy (in this case of the Sherman estate’s trustees) and the public’s right to
information.''

IMO
I'm not getting the link between the SCC ruling and your belief it will significantly impact how the case moves forward? I'm assuming the police are privy to whatever info they need to access (?) , so why would it matter if the public is allowed to know the contents of the estate files, or not?

I'm not getting the link between the SCC ruling and your belief it will significantly impact how the case moves forward? I'm assuming the police are privy to whatever info they need to access (?) , so why would it matter if the public is allowed to know the contents of the estate files, or not?

If the public is allowed to know the contents of the estate files, there is a great probability that inferences will be made by the public as to possible motives for the crime. Barry and Honey's attitudes towards the heirs also could be revealed. I then think if the estate files are revealing, the pressure will be on the TPS to show progress.

Secondly if the SCOC decides to keep the files sealed, for police investigative purposes, then it can be inferred that the heirs are somehow involved in deaths.

Finally anytime the case is in the media, as it surely will be, the pulic will want action.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard