GUILTY NC - William “Andy” Banks, 39, Raleigh, met someone about selling his car, 12 Sept 2020 *ARREST*

Does anyone know where in Danville the RR was found???? A house? A gas station?? A seedy motel?? I haven't been able to find any info on where it was actually found. Was it hidden or just parked in plain sight?
For Danville being such a small city that I go to for work a few times a year, I must say I've seen it mentioned on this website more times than I would ever expect.

Does anyone know where in Danville the RR was found???? A house? A gas station?? A seedy motel?? I haven't been able to find any info on where it was actually found. Was it hidden or just parked in plain sight?
For Danville being such a small city that I go to for work a few times a year, I must say I've seen it mentioned on this website more times than I would ever expect.
From news reports a witness saw LEO searching behind a church on the same street the suspect lived on. Supposedly that's where the RR was found. I'll look for the link to reference.

From news reports a witness saw LEO searching behind a church on the same street the suspect lived on. Supposedly that's where the RR was found. I'll look for the link to reference.

The updated article said he reported to the police he lives on Smith street, the church is located on Hughes.

A witness told CBS 17 he saw Danville police officers on Monday investigating behind a church on Hughes Street.

“It must’ve been a Range Rover involved that was behind a church on Hughes Street,” the witness told CBS 17.

According to public records, Merritt at one time lived on Hughes Street but his arrest record in Wake County lists his address as Smith Street in Danville – which is less than a mile from Hughes Street.

"A witness told CBS 17 he saw Danville police officers on Monday investigating behind a church on Hughes Street.
“It must’ve been a Range Rover involved that was behind a church on Hughes Street,” the witness told CBS 17.
According to public records, Merritt at one time lived on Hughes Street but his arrest record in Wake County lists his address as Smith Street in Danville – which is less than a mile from Hughes Street."

Virginia man extradited to Raleigh following arrest in connection with man’s disappearance | CBS 17

Andy's fate was sealed when these criminals set focus on him. Criminals are becoming more brazen and their intentions a darker evil. I think the friends and family did everything right to get Andy back. The quick alert and contact to LE has helped to get the attention needed for resolution. I'm glad LE has made an arrest and hope they arrest the other or more involved. Criminals need to pay for their violence, we have to make this a priority. The family and friends are in may prayers and while it is not likely, I will keep hope that AB is alive.
jmo

Ita!

These kind of cases rips my heart out.

Andy seems to be such a nice man, but we often see very bad things happen to very good people.

I pray along with you that by some miracle Andy is out there somewhere alive. Maybe injured, and unable to seek help.

My heart tells me otherwise, but I try to push those thoughts aside.

It's so frightening to know there are so many evil people among all of the good, and violent crimes seem to be escalating this year after a steady decline in the past seven years.

More, and more.. as each day passes it seems we are seeing so many who doesn't place any human value on anyone else's life now no matter who they are or how innocent they are.

I also hope they find Andy soon. I know you can't judge someone just by a photo, but when I saw Andy's he struck me as being a young man who would be very sweet, and kind. I notice eyes more than anything in pics, and he has sweet gentle eyes, imo. Just an observation tho.

Jmhoo

According to warrants for his arrest for larceny, Justin Merritt threatened and endangered the life of Andy Banks with a firearm. Andy Banks is still MISSING. Call 911 if you have any information.

View attachment 263898
https://twitter.com/ColleenWNCN/status/1306236379597361153
"According to warrants for his arrest for larceny, Justin Merritt threatened and endangered the life of Andy Banks with a firearm. Andy Banks is still MISSING." so lets be honest that means they just haven't found a body to pin the murder on him yet. I sorry I sound cold, but that is where we are at, otherwise Andy would be standing there saying Yes, this guy pulled a gun on me and stole my car, unfortunately, we do not have that.

Raleigh police said Tuesday Justin Fernando Merritt, 34, was taken into custody in Danville, Virginia, and charged with robbery, larceny of a motor vehicle and possession of a firearm by a convicted felon in connection with the stolen vehicle.

And previously
"Two men charged in storage unit thefts - Mar 28, 2013"
Justin Merritt was also charged with possession of a firearm after being a convicted felon and possession of marijuana with the intent to distribute.

So I'm assuming his firearms are stolen or someone bought for him, b/c how can a convicted felon keep having a firearm.

It's become the common denominator in so many murder cases where the suspects are exfelons in possession of illegally obtained firearms. Thank goodness they are charged with this too since its unlawful for any exfelon to be in possession of firearms. They aren't even legally suppose to be in any home that may have legally owned firearms

If he has harmed Andy then most likely his illegal gun was the weapon he used.

But it seems LE found the exfelon's weapon on him when arrested. IF this very bad man has killed Andy his firearm will be important evidence for LE and the DA to have.

Imo, it's not IF he will be charged with harming Andy, but when. It's just a matter of time.

Like so many recent cases LE is using the smart strategy of arresting the suspects on other charges first. His charges are very serious so when extradited back I doubt the judge will let him bond out. Meanwhile it gives ample time for LE to gather evidence on other serious charges.

Jmhoo

This is such a sad case. It has haunted me from the very moment I learned of it. Haven't been on WS in over 10 years, but returned this morning hoping to find more information on the case. You guys are wonderful. My office is just a few blocks from Cameron Village, though I don't know Andy personally. Has it been confirmed which day the RR was spotted on the side of the road in Blairs? Someone said Sunday evening, but that would seem odd to wait an entire day to dispose of a body (if in fact they murdered Andy, which I hope and pray they did not). It would seem more plausible that it was seen Saturday evening at that spot, and that LE is all over that area searching, as it could very well be the spot where they exited the vehicle to hide a body. I hate using that verbiage, but signs don't point to a positive outcome, unfortunately.

So, how does LE know his life was threatened with a gun?
Perhaps Andy's blood is all over the RR .....evidence his life was obviously at least threatened due to an apparent gun shot.

The way I read that is that the perp threatened AB with a gun as a way to step the vehicle and Rob AM. I’d imagine anytime there is a charge like that it’s implied in the charge that a life is threatened.

I’m guessing the perp has confessed to using the gun to steal the car but has not said a peep about Andy and any possible murder or second person that was involved.

Maybe second person is divulging bits of information but not giving up location of Andy in order to distance himself? Ex: "Yeah, we took the car at gunpoint but left him on the side of the road" His life was threatened, but no one is admitting to physical harm....yet :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back