Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #35

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks - haven't listened to it yet. That's troubling. (I was one of those who had "mountain lion" on the "improbable but possible" list early on...two bikers here in SoCal attacked by mountain lions in the last decade or so - one fatally).

The fact that a mountain lion was seen by LE means that an unusual, non-human fearing mountain lion is in the area.

So now there's the question as to why no one in the family used any of the G__Me funds to hire good lion trackers. If there's a lion at all, I'd want to know its habits - and where its den is.

That's if it were me and my spouse was missing. The dead biker here in SoCal was a lightly built male (like 140 lbs IIRC).

I've heard those lion trackers frown upon keeping carcass and road kill leaning against your home; especially if you are trying to keep the lion away.

Does that explain why he brought the lion lure to the house? (The elk antlers - which instead of being shed, still had meat attached to them - as witnessed by AM?)

I don't put tons of stock in BM's reporting of what LE saw. When LE reveals that they saw a lion, then I'll believe it. At this point, it's a no go on trusting BM for such details - especially when he's pre-splaining to Suzanne's family members.
Have
correct, as I said.... on PE, AM reported that LE told AM about the mountain lion
have we looked into any connections between BM and Joe Exotic?

So true. I never declined an interview I just lied, but i did decline a polygraph, cooperation with LE, helping search for my wife, supporting my employees, and an in person media interview.

<modsnip>

totally normal guy.
Dang, for a moment, I thought you were confessing to something. :p:p

Last edited by a moderator:
So Barry was going through the trash at Poncha Market. Kid comes out and asks what he is doing. Says he is looking for a baby blue bike helmet. Then he writes the note.

Yup, just heard that. Whoaaaaa --

So when he said he was searching all the mountains, did he mean garbage cans? Why was he looking in trash cans?????

JMO

Ita.
The only source we have atm for the 'mountain lion sighting' came from BM himself.
LE never said that.
Unless that changes and they release a statement.

Very early on in the criminal investigation someone thought LE or more specifically a deputy had stated they'd observed a cougar close to a parking lot.
This was later revealed to be BM's saying this to TD; and that was all.
So, BM's hearsay only.
Imo.
Not hearsay. In an episode of PE Choir Practice, AM explains that LE saw a mountain lion at the Morphew’s house. He says, “...that one thing he knows, “for a fact“, is that a large male cat was wandering near the M house. LE saw it.” So MOO, LE told BM about the sighting and LE told AM, too.

Agreed. I think the only way she was killed earlier than that 12:30 time on Saturday, is if the time of that conversation (and abrupt end) is wrong.

BBM:

I would simply remind all of us here, including myself, that LE has never confirmed when SM was last seen or heard from.

LE has never publicly verified that there were texts exchanged on Saturday, much less the time of the last text sent from SM's phone.

I remain convinced there's a reason they asked people to save footage from May 8th - May 12th.

I don't think LE's timeline matches ours.

It goes without saying, so I'll go ahead and say it:

LE's timeline is going to be the much more accurate one.

JMO.

So Barry was going through the trash at Poncha Market. Kid comes out and asks what he is doing. Says he is looking for a baby blue bike helmet. Then he writes the note.

Was BM really going through trash cans at the Poncha looking for a helmet, though?

Or was he perhaps delving into the trash bin trying to dispose of something, instead?

Did he spit out that alternative explanation for his dumpster diving on the fly, to cover for himself?

Think Fotis Dulos.

JMO.

Last edited:
PE guys are wondering how Barry knew about the wheel of the bike. Did he have anyone on scene that told him the position of the wheel, or did he slip up when he started telling Tyson what happened, because he would never have known that detail without having seen it himself.

PE guys speculate, before quickly dropping the subject, that maybe he bought the bike for parts, to fix Suzanne's bike.

Which reminds me about her last sighting, at the bike shop....

Patrick Frazee sent his Horrific Nightengale three times to kill his fiancee. She didn't follow through so he took matters into his own bat.

Was Mother's Day weekend the first time BM considered violence/murder or were there near hits prior? Jimmy with a bike, thinking a bike accident would do it? Only it was discovered so he set out to repair it, ever so lovingly?

I hope we hear more about this.

JMO

Riffing off the bike Barry bought-Barry has been in the doghouse, Suzanne is unhappy. Friday night, she tells him she’s fed up and done. He goes to work Saturday, stressed and angry, and leaves early to go home and give her a present-a brand new bike, since hers had an issue and was in Scot’s shop. She rejects him. He loses it, and after he does what he does, in his rage, pitches that brand new bike he bought into a ravine.

PE guys mention, but choose not to dwell, that purportedly BM bought a bike a week before Suzanne's disappearance.

Interesting.

JMO
I thought they were just speculating based on her visit to the bike shop on Thursday. I stopped listening because so far nothing is being discussed that hasn't been mentioned before.

Did the guy from the bike shop say why Suzanne had been there?

About his dumpster diving in the local mart's sidewalk trash, what in heaven's name did he expect to find? The rest of the elk? His wife? His alibi? Did he throw something away there on the afternoon of May 9th while he was perhaps shopping in town-- and wanted to see if it was still there? Hoping it'd already been picked up?

Seriously what would be in THAT trash can that would be of interest to him? Or was he, in fact, burying something low in the trash, and busted, improvised with the list he couldn't finish fast enough?

JMO

PE guys speculate, before quickly dropping the subject, that maybe he bought the bike for parts, to fix Suzanne's bike.

Which reminds me about her last sighting, at the bike shop....

Patrick Frazee sent his Horrific Nightengale three times to kill his fiancee. She didn't follow through so he took matters into his own bat.

Was Mother's Day weekend the first time BM considered violence/murder or were there near hits prior? Jimmy with a bike, thinking a bike accident would do it? Only it was discovered so he set out to repair it, ever so lovingly?

I hope we hear more about this.

JMO
I was just thinking the same about the possibility of another attempt with the extra bike. MOO

Was BM really going through trash cans at the Poncha looking for a helmet, though?

Or was he perhaps delving into the trash bin trying to dispose of something, instead, and come up with that story on the fly, to cover for himself?

Think Fotis Dulos.

JMO.
I’m going with door #2 for $10,000.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads