Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #35

Status
Not open for further replies.
PE guys are wondering how Barry knew about the wheel of the bike. Did he have anyone on scene that told him the position of the wheel, or did he slip up when he started telling Tyson what happened, because he would never have known that detail without having seen it himself.
We all wonder how BM seemed to know very specific details of the bike's condition so early in the investigation. BM claimed to arrive back from Denver at 9pm. Boy, how would he know such details....

IMO

Last edited:
"Oh Suzanne, if anyone is out there that can hear this, that has you, please we'll do whatever it takes to bring you back. We love you. We miss you. Your girls need you."

Back when BM video-recorded a plea for SM's return did BM contact news media to air the video or did he just post it to the Facebook group and that was that?

With nearly every plea word he uttered in his video he sported a coordinated side-to-side shaking of his head... we all know that 'tell' but what did it mean to BM? He seemed confused as to whom he should be speaking, to SM or to a perp. It seemed like he was unable to directly address a perp... that he either knows or doesn't believe exists... because he believes SM was taken by a mountain lion or for another reason?

His video plea was also incomplete: no offer of a financial reward for SM's return and he sounded pessimistic, defeated.

I perceive the restraint he presented in the video as being odd but it could be attributed to a feeling of helplessness. Did he expect a perp to contact him in some way after seeing the video on Facebook? To make an exchange, cash for SM? Likely not. That's not a realistic scenario.

I also wonder: at any time did BM think SM may have abandoned him (and their daughters) for someone else/to start a new life? There have been no hard indications of that being the case.

SM is disappeared, no trace. Similar to Barbara Thomas; disappeared, no trace.

So Barry was going through the trash at Poncha Market. Kid comes out and asks what he is doing. Says he is looking for a baby blue bike helmet. Then he writes the note.

Whoa, so that id an interesting twist.

PE guys mention, but choose not to dwell, that purportedly BM bought a bike a week before Suzanne's disappearance.

Interesting.

JMO

Thay is really interesting.

PE guys are wondering how Barry knew about the wheel of the bike. Did he have anyone on scene that told him the position of the wheel, or did he slip up when he started telling Tyson what happened, because he would never have known that detail without having seen it himself.
Yes, his army friend who told Barry that LE mishandled the bike and trampled all over the crime scene probably told him. He may have had other friends or family members there, too.

I wouldn’t worry too much about BM buying a bike as a way to replace parts on SM’s bike. While parts are interchangeable in some cases, there is a lot of variability on why parts on one stock mountain bike wouldnt fit on another. Although a misstep on something like that would be a dead givenaway for Burry.

If he did buy a new bike, it was intended to match with him telling MG that he was going home to make the wife happy and bike or hikes.

Last edited:
Well - apparently AM says that LE told him that. Makes me wonder. I'm still waiting to hear why LE is so certain it's not a lion.
Yes, it would appear I missed the choir practice episode of the PE guys.
Thanks for the correction, 10ofRods and others.

Imo-- some things stand out ---were LE surprised to see a mtn. lion and then even more baffled by BM's bringing the antlers and setting them against his house ?
Did BM lure the big cat, hoping the sighting would corroborate his story ?

Agreed that LE do not seem to believe Suzanne was attacked by the mtn. lion and why is this ?
I'm guessing no evidence whatsoever to support this theory.

But of even more importance is that BM seems to want LE to believe this or at least place it high on their list of probabilities.

Just that the danged LE are not cooperating with BM in the slightest, and not even gracing him with updated information re. what evidence they've collected thus far.
Yes that was tongue in cheek ! ^^^

Only LE know what they've discovered so far .
And maybe BM is like a pressure cooker waiting to go off ?
My.02 is that LE are observing him from afar.
MOO

I'm beginning to think that perhaps Suzanne both wanted out AND was growing more concerned about his actions, which may have seemed off. I think it's entirely possible they DID plan to go on a bike ride. On Saturday. His idea IMO. And she found it suspicious, especially if it's something he'd never done or (pretended to) want to do.... so, yes, she may well have been in bike clothes, expecting to go (perhaps reluctantly, perhaps a touch frightened, but surely not expecting the worst), entirely possible BM left Salida expecting to go on an actual bike ride with his wife, just for very different reasons.

As staged as the bike appears to be, maybe what's most telling is that the bike was on his mind, because a bike ACCIDENT was the original plan, but rage preempted it.

JMO

We all wonder how BM seemed to know very specific details of the bike's condition so early in the investigation. BM claimed to arrive back from Denver at 9pm. Boy, how would he know such details....

IMO
Although I’m sure BM would claim he knew those things because his buddy was there at the scene (the whole mishandling evidence thing), it seemed to me that he was describing it as if he had been there himself.

Of course, that’s exactly what most of us think. He knew the position of the bike because he was the one who put it there.

He also seemed to catch himself when describing the positioning of the wheel, and quickly stopped and changed subjects.

Back when BM video-recorded a plea for SM's return did BM contact news media to air the video or did he just post it to the Facebook group and that was that?
SM is disappeared, no trace. Similar to Barbara Thomas; disappeared, no trace.
RSBM
Barry has only released a Facebook video a week after Suzanne’s disappearance. A plea from Suzanne’s husband, Barry was shared online exactly a week after she disappeared. A reward of $200,000 by family and friends of Suzanne Morphew has been offered for a safe return – no questions asked.

Note this is from an article 2 months after her disappearance, safe to conclude he never sought out network media news.

Neighbors want answers 2 months into Suzanne Morphew’s disappearance | FOX31 Denver

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member