TX TX - Dallas, WhtMale 20-25, 1244UMTX, hanged in motel room, billfold w/ "PJK" initials, May'86

how about this guy Rodney Longman?

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/4674/0/

the height, weight and eye color (gray) are all about right. hair color is listed as brown but in his picture it is a bit lighter. his face looks a little thinner than the composite sketch but who's to say?

originally missing from Nebraska but according to his info, he was last seen in Miami (no particular date) with another man and a pregnant woman. not clear if the last date known alive was Nebraska or Miami.

as for the intitals on the billfold, it could have been stolen.

I don't know how to do the side by side pics so I can only attach links.

Could there be any chance at all the date this man was found is incorrect? I've found a missing man that disappeared in 2009 and I've verified that date is definitely correct, but I've not been able to verify back at a link to a coroner that the date this John DOE was found was indeed in 1986. I know it's unlikely the date is wrong, however I have come across a few typographical errors of late and I think there is such a good resemblance here. What do others think?Websleuths.jpg

imnot, who is the missing man you found with the picture on the left? can you provide a link to a MP site?

thanks

Could there be any chance at all the date this man was found is incorrect? I've found a missing man that disappeared in 2009 and I've verified that date is definitely correct, but I've not been able to verify back at a link to a coroner that the date this John DOE was found was indeed in 1986. I know it's unlikely the date is wrong, however I have come across a few typographical errors of late and I think there is such a good resemblance here. What do others think?View attachment 36240

Yes,the dates could be wrong.I remember the Samantha Bonnell case on the TV show Disappeared.There was an in incorrect date concerning her.

You just never know.

Have we thought of David Rea, missing from Traverse Co., MI, LKA 12/2/1985 -- just up and walked away from his home, never to be heard from again?

The lips and chin match IMO. The height is just a little off (by a couple inches), plus eye color is off. Hmm. No go I guess.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/11037/5/

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/k/kula_richard.html

I have been all over the web/ancestry and can't find anything on him, except he was born in Chicago. But the looks are good/demographics spot on.

I am wondering if we can't get a more realistic look at the freckles, especially any larger ones. That would help a ton.

Exclusions
The following people have been ruled out as being this decedent:

First NameLast NameYear of BirthState LKA
LonnieLandeen1963Arizona

His sketch is still not on NamUS (https://identifyus.org/cases/4469).

Lorne Landeen hasn't a page here yet. Could some more experienced user create one for him? :)

Unidentified Person / NamUs #UP4469
Male, White / Caucasian
D5E5102E-93DF-4893-AAFD-274BAA680B4A.jpeg
Date Body Found: May 2, 1986
Location Found: Dallas, Texas
Estimated Age: Adult - Pre 40; 20-25
Estimated PMI: 1 Days
Estimated Height: 6' 1"
Measured Weight: 154 lbs
Hair Color: Blond/Strawberry
Eye Color: Blue
Scar/Mark: 1-inch scar on right side of neck, 1-inch scar on distal left forearm

Clothing: White short-sleeved shirt, blue jeans, white Jockey shorts, black cloth belt
Jewelry: White metal link chain necklace with black and white metal pendant, Black plastic Casio digital watch
Accessories: Brown billfold with initials "PJK" stamped on it

Circumstances of Recovery:
Found in La Casita motel. Apparent intentional hanging.

I came across Mr. Knox while searching for something else, but after a little further reading, my curiosity is peaked. (Some ‘further reading’ can not be linked heRe on WS and could be total hogwash - but it was posted fairly recently) Oh! And I can’t see ruleouts at the moment, so forgive me if he’s been excluded.

James Dean Knox – The Charley Project
AAA4AFF3-87E6-4B15-9EB3-37A46A72E23B.jpeg EA5DA910-00D9-4678-8103-9767CA41AE24.jpeg C9A5EED4-0185-4D4D-A714-8A8140434D3D.jpeg
Missing (allegedly) since sometime in December of 1979 from New York.
- 24 year old white male
- 5’11”, 150 lbs
- Brown hair, blue eyes (wears glasses)
- Knox was suffering from unspecified health problems at the time

Per The Charley Project:

Details of Disappearance
Knox was last seen in Warsaw, New York sometime in December 1979. Local friends and business owners in the area saw him on December 10th and 11th and he vanished sometime after that. He has never been heard from again. His grandmother reported him missing on December 21; she hadn't seen him since December 9.

Knox lived on Wyoming Street and was on medical leave from Leroy Machine Co. in Leroy, New York at the time of his disappearance. He was known to frequent a pizzeria in Warsaw. He was despondent over his health issues when he went missing. Few
details are available in Knox's case. His disappearance remains unsolved.

—————————————
My theory - and some of this is based on other sources and speculation that he might have somehow been into drugs (selling/manufacturing/using, I don’t know), but it’s possible he did have cancer, he was from the state of New York and was reportedly despondent. He also seemed to have people who cared for him so I can understand him wanting to end his life somewhere away from home (although I admit Texas is a long way from home) OR - if he was involved in the drug scene, it’s also possible that this was a staged suicide.

The gap in time, 1979 to 1986...if the original report is correct, I’d surmise that he was merely missing from his family... JMOO

The initials didn’t really factor into my theory until I read a little more. If you’ve followed the Sumter County Does’ thread, you know how I can delve deep into anything involving initials ! :D (Is it undoubtedly “PJK”? Does “J” represent the surname? Could the “J” really be a ....you get the idea) but a few of James’ initials match up.

As far as appearance goes...I can’t find a good photo for James. Can’t tell if he has light hair, freckles. The overall proportions seem to fit but that too is hard to determine with the facial hair...

I spoke too soon... if someone is willing to help me out and check out a James (Jimmy) Knox who attended Webster Thomas High School (Webster, NY) in at least 1971....if that is him, my theory holds a little more weight...

TIA

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MomTuTu
Back