Recovered/Located GA/TN - Adam Lemons, 33, Chattanooga, Chickamauga Battlefield, 20 Sept 2020

Trying to get a better understanding... he left the pick a part (per camera) at 5:07 and then per flier his last text saying he broke down was at 7:50 what was he doing during this 2+ hours? In between when he left and when he broke down just a few minutes down the road???

Would you link the site or share the flier that states the 7:50 time? I’ve looked at a few fliers but haven’t come across that one or I’m looking over it. Thanks!

I'm the OP (local to the area). Not much to post update-wise, other than the family organized a search party in the battlefield this morning. It doesn't appear that they've found anything yet. Weather-wise, it rained pretty much all day Thursday (yesterday), so I'm sure some of those trails are a muddy mess.

My husband and I drove around for hours, looking for skid marks or any tire tracks where a vehicle may have left the road, but found nothing. Others have done the same. Nothing.

There still doesn't seem to be any information about the identity of the man who was helping him fix the vehicle. Nobody has come forward. If the vehicle was seen at the visitor's center, where lots of older guns and historical artifacts are on display, it would seem that there would be security cameras. (??)

Here's a link to the trail map, if anyone is interested. The more difficult trails are on the northwest side (you can see the terrain on the map), but even with my bad knee, I've been able to hike most of them. Also, the horse trails are generally wider and easier than the foot-only trails. https://www.nps.gov/chch/planyourvisit/upload/Chickamauga-Battlefield-Trail-Map.pdf

Here are a few random photos I've taken of the trails in the last couple of years. These are all easier/wider trails, but you can see the surroundings and how muddy some of the trails can be after it rains. Some trails are also rocky and root-y. A few are steep. The woods get VERY dense in some places. As far as potentially dangerous wildlife, there are a crazy number of deer, but they run if they feel you're too close. Coyotes have been seen/heard, but I've never heard of park coyotes being aggressive toward people. As far as I know, no bears have ever been seen in the battlefield. There are small streams that meander through the park, and, as mentioned, Chickamauga Creek runs along with southern border.

park1.JPG
park2.JPG
park3.JPG

Last edited:
There are plenty ways that could logically equate out, including the fact that maybe they both started young (he and his daughter). I'm not sure how their ages matter to him being located safely though.;) MOO

You're right, it doesn't matter, per se. But being a 33 year old grandfather is so extremely rare (at least it is in current times), my first thought was to find out if they got his age right.

You're right, it doesn't matter, per se. But being a 33 year old grandfather is so extremely rare (at least it is in current times), my first thought was to find out if they got his age right.

Well, I once met a 30 year old grandmother. Didn't like the math then, still don't like it!

Agree, though, that 33 is young, the step-daughter idea is good.

@moonrise was it rainy on Wednesday evening or Wednesday night?

Anyone able to find a link that will allow this thread to be changed to located?

Older case. Still no MSM but just wanted to add that his last post on FB was July 6, 2021 - he also answered a comment in December 14, 2020 that he was back at work. I wonder if Mods would consider marking him as "Presumed Located"?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back