Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #40

Status
Not open for further replies.
They’ve had three separate cadaver dogs hit on a scent at that property over two different days.

IMO, she’s there.

And if the dogs had hit on land that BM didn’t own I was worried it could still be someone else since there are so many missing persons in Co but ON BM’s lot...if it is human remains it’s got to be Suzanne.

I don’t want to be Mr Tin Foil hat but wouldn’t it be amazing if there was a strategy in place with LE to exert a lot of pressure on BM in the first few days of AM’s search, so much so that they believed BM would consent later to a search of his property and in doing so consent to the new vacant lot. Maybe LE has wanted to search that lot for a long time but didn’t have the legal means to obtain a SW. And AM helped play BM like a fiddle?
I think it's unlikely as search warrants and consent searches don't extend to everything. Also, a court/judge would not look kindly on trickery in the obtaining of any consent. Its one of the few areas that defense attorneys have a field day on - the 4th amendment and suppression of evidence obtained without a SW or a valid exception to a SW.

omg. you guys are bad.
i am okay with this ;)
the new lot purchase of 6/25/20 was not recorded until a few days or few weeks after BM closed on it.
It's possible LE checked around the time of her disappearance and saw only the residence as
what he owned.
Maybe LE doesn't read Websleuths.
Overbudget. Ok.

How insane is it to be married 25 plus years then just off your spouse like that. Its just so unbelievable when you think this is a person you have spent half your life with. Just so sickening... And to take a mother away from her children or father away from his children ... Just crazy

I can’t help but think about AM’s comment about him accidentally wandering from a property he had permission to search onto a neighboring property. Maybe this is the property he searched by “accident”?
Yes, I am concerned about this - as the PE guys also hinted that someone chewed AM out about this... Let's hope that AM didn't put LE into a major bind with this. The fruit of the poisonous tree doctrine is very real in criminal evidentiary matters and can be used by a defense attorney to basically exclude ALL evidence that is initially obtained by some act that is not considered a "legal" search or seizure.

MOO he didn't buy the land until soon after Suzanne's death I believe.

Well, that's key here. We cannot sleuth Barry's ownership of property, so this is something of a wall. Without being able to determine (a) if Barry owns property in Poncha Springs & (b) when said property was purchased, there's little legal assessment that can be made of this issue.

I'm thinking he planted some trees on it after he purchased the property on 06/25/20.

Address: 8366 LONGHORN DR , UNINCORPORATED CHAFFEE COUNTY, CO
Submittal Date: 7/6/2020 Submittal Complete:
Date Issued: 7/6/2020 CO Date:
Parcel #: R368336100071 Permit Type: DRIVEWAY PERMIT
Legal Desc: LOT 8 LONGHORN RANCH SUBDIVISION PLAT 437342 SUB413 REC 459984
Owner: MORPHEW BARRY Contractor:

The County issued him the driveway permit on 07/06/20.
Building Department Permit Detail

I don’t think they mean trick as much as leverage BM’s stupidity in not realizing that consenting to let LE search his property could mean ALL of his owned property.
ITA! There is no way he would give consent to search that lot with scent dogs if Suzanne is there. But maybe they got a warrant for the lot based on information they received last night. Hopefully we will find out soon.

33725688-8781305-image-a-31_1601308337100.jpg

+11
A second search of the site took place on Monday using different cadaver dogs and the dogs' handler told DailyMail.com they got another hit. The handler explained the dogs only are trained to pick up human scents

33725684-8781305-image-a-32_1601308339304.jpg

+11
Now the FBI will take over the search and dig up the remains that were found by the dogs
FBI called as scent of human remains discovered on land owned by Suzanne Morphew's husband | Daily Mail Online

I'm wondering if these rocks have significance? as in she's under those?
JMO

How insane is it to be married 25 plus years then just off your spouse like that. Its just so unbelievable when you think this is a person you have spent half your life with. Just so sickening... And to take a mother away from her children or father away from his children ... Just crazy
It's insane, but sadly, as perhaps nearly 600 episodes of Dateline episodes will attest over the last 28 years, it happens all the time.

^^^^^ YES!!! Way tooooo quiet! Notta on twitter, FB, Youtube, zilch! What gives?

I said exactly this to my husband last night. I have a couple ideas of why that may have been... my 1st (and hopefully correct) one is that something REALLY big happened yesterday and everyone was asked to stay quiet.... or #2, something was said the previous day/night podcast that was not supposed to be shared. I love how helpful crowd sourcing has been for Suzanne's case, but I wonder if that has also caused more loose lips than we are used to seeing in missing person/murder cases.

Jmo

Well, this is when being a contract lawyer just doesn’t rise to the occasion. How on Earth was legal access obtained to this property? And is this really owned by Barry? Isn’t “mom’s lot” in Salida??. Who owns this land?A shell company? A buddy?

If this is another unfinished property in an unfinished subdivision, does the main developer retain some rights and could’ve granted access?

Were the tree receipts enough for probable cause?

Calling all criminal lawyers!
Barry definitely owns it according to public record, but I too am only a commercial and insurance attorney so I can't really be an authority on search warrants and searches such as this. But I am concerned. I also am wondering if that was part of the somber mood yesterday - that somehow LE has indicated that they are behind the 8-ball in that no SW was obtained and AM was potentially trespassing when he made the initial discovery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaEvans52