TX - Sierra Rhodd, 20, disabled, shot/killed while sleeping, Harris County, 14 Sept 2020

ammitty

Reaction score
Excerpts from article: CYPRESS, Texas – Harris County Sheriff’s deputies said they are investigating a shooting that left a 20-year-old woman with cerebral palsy dead inside a home in northwest Harris County.

Deputies said the shooting happened in the 11220 block of Timber Crest around 11:10 p.m.
Detectives say a group of assailants surrounded the Rhodd family’s home and opened fire with at least a rifle, shotgun and pistol.
As the gunfire erupted, the Rhodd family was in a panic. Inside the home was Sierra, her 15-year-old brother, her mother and her father, Michael.
Dozens of shell casings were found from the street to the front yard, investigators said. Deputies said it is believed that multiple shooters from multiple vehicles shot up the house.
Deputies said a motorcycle that appeared to have been ditched was located in the street outside of the residence. According to investigators, the motorcycle was possibly stolen, given the screwdriver that fell from the ignition. A shotgun was found in the grass near the motorcycle, deputies said.

Woman with disability fatally shot while sleeping in bed in NW Harris County, deputies say

A few other details I think are interesting:

1. “The Rhodd family said suspects surrounded their house with high powered guns. Investigators believe the shooting was a part of a retaliation plan against Sierra's 15-year-old brother.”

2. “After Mike was shot, his 15-year-old son grabbed a pistol and fired it, investigators said. The teen still had the pistol in his waistband when deputies arrived and had to be tased.”

And for ease of understanding (I hope, I tried!)
Sierra Rhodd:
20 y/o, victim of initial shooting. Daughter of Mike and Krystalee Rhodd.

15y/o: alleged intended retaliation target for initial shooting that killed Sierra. Son of Mike and Krystalee Rhodd.

Mike Rhodd:
Father to Sierra Rhodd and 15y/o. Husband to Krystalee Rhodd. Mike was shot and killed five days after Sierra’s death, a few hours after her vigil, at his in-law’s home. Shooter is Mike’s father in law, aka 74y/o.

Krystalee Rhodd: Married to Mike Rhodd, mother of Sierra Rhodd and 15y/o. Daughter of Becci Polmanteer and 74y/o.

74y/o: Shot and killed Mike Rhodd,his son in law, allegedly in self defense. Father of Krystalee Rhodd. Husband to Becci Polmanteer. Grandfather to Sierra and 15y/o.

Becci Polmanteer: Krystalee Rhodd’s mom, Sierra and 15y/o’s grandmother, wife to 74y/o, mother in law to Mike Rhodd.

Grandmother of Sierra Rhodd says she's 'living in fear' after family killings

Mother speaks out for the first time at visitation for unsolved murder victim Sierra Rhodd

From the Heavy Article:

According to KHOU 11, the shooters were targeting Rhodd’s 15-year-old brother. When they began shooting, he ran outside and returned the fire. The shooting was in retaliation due to an ongoing feud involving her brother. The Sun reported that he had been receiving threats since March. Their father told Fox 26 that he that people his son has been feuding with are from “some gang called 10K.”

And from Father of Sierra Rhodd shot to death

After Mike Rhodd was shot, his 15-year-old son grabbed a pistol and fired it, investigators said. The teen still had the pistol in his waist band when deputies arrived and had to be tased.

Just things of note to me.

The 15 year old gave an interview on camera after Sierra died, and before his father died.

There’s video and quote at this link - I don’t know what I think is going on here. He says he and his dad, Mike, were the targets. Before Mike died, he said this was in retaliation to a street fight 15 y/o won, which sounds fishy to me.

This article names the 15 y/o, who also consented to a live interview, but I haven’t named him here since he’s a minor. Not sure how that’s usually handled as i’m not a frequent poster :)

Sierra Rhodd's brother speaks for first time since shooting: "I'm heartbroken"

Hmm. This is such a tragedy. I’m inclined to believe Krystalee and 74 y/o, because I have seen past charges for Mike (but i’m not sure if his record can be posted here, since its not related to this case)
That whole thing is one big mess. And that's one strange family.

Thanks for posting all those links above. It too me a while to wade through all of them.

Hunh. Dad and son were involved with some very dangerous people who are gang members. Sister died as a result. Grandpa kills dad 5 days later during an argument.

Four men, all older than the son, drove to his home in more than one vehicle and shot up his house, killing his sister because he had a fist fight with one of them and won? Nah. Grandpa was too mad for that to be the story.

Hunh. Dad and son were involved with some very dangerous people who are gang members. Sister died as a result. Grandpa kills dad 5 days later during an argument.

Four men, all older than the son, drove to his home in more than one vehicle and shot up his house, killing his sister because he had a fist fight with one of them and won? Nah. Grandpa was too mad for that to be the story.
I saw an article the other day (I believe it’s the one I’ve linked on this response but it won’t let me reread it without paying) but it states that the original drive by killing of SR was in response to TR (the 15 yo brother) and a robbery at a la Quinta inn of drugs and money… they don’t name the robbery victim so I’m not sure if it’s one of the people who are arrested but that makes more sense then the son winning a “street fight”…. If someone can read this link and lmk if I linked the correct article… I’m almost positive it’s in this one because I reread the other articles I looked at and it’s not mentioned but I know I read it and that’s what it said was the motive of the drive by that killed SR….

Boyfriend of initial suspect charged in Sierra Rhodd's death

Emma Presler, who was arrested and then released for lack of evidence has been arrested for arson murder.

TX - Emma Presler, 19, wanted for murder by arson, Montgomery Co, 6 Aug 2021
She’s wanted for the arson murder… they haven’t found her yet as of now but I’m sure it’s only a matter of time.. they all use drugs (McCalla was arrested for heroin/ Emma for meth) so I’m guessing one of her addicted “friends” might turn her in for some reward money…. I hope so! If anyone knows where she is call it in ASAP. This girl is a danger to society and if they don’t catch her soon I wouldn’t be surprised if she ends up hurting/killing more people! What’s horrific and sad is that this arson murder could have easily been prevented if the court system did their job! There was evidence of her involvement in the drive by murder of SR and the prosecutors should have taken it to the grand jury despite the first judges dismissal of her charges….

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back