Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #43

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even more interesting. If Barry's Mom, sister and the girls were expected to be back at the home on Sunday. It would put a time crunch on anything he had to do to get rid of evidence and make everything at the home appear normal. Maybe Suzanne threatened to tell his Mom & Sister whatever she had discovered?

But on the flip side. If all the women, including his Mom would be at his house to celebrate Mother's Day. Why would he make arrangements to be out of town working for a few days?

IIRC he told Andy the reason he went to Broomfield was to set up the job for his people so that he could work locally while the crew was gone to Broomfield.

I have not seen anything about any conversations Andy may or may not have had with Barry's visiting family members who presumably were still there when he arrived on Monday eve.

If there were plans for even a simple family gathering on MD, maybe there would be signs like a fully stocked refrigerator, a table already set? Fresh flowers? Gifts? Things that maybe didn't occur that should have, giving a hint as to the timing of events.

MOO

This was exactly my thoughts when this all started. IMO, hunter BM stumbled across an abandoned mine shaft at some point in time. Took note of it and filed it for future reference.
How convenient, for some possible nefarious activities in the future. JMO. MOO. MOO
Finding a mine shaft in the daytime is one thing being able to find the same location at night with only headlights is a total different thing. The landscape at night is very distorted and land marks hard to find by way of artificial light. IMO
For instance : you kill a deer right before dark, you walk a mile or so to retrieve your vehicle and go back to the location to retrieve the deer. The place you left it is not instantly or easily recognizable takes a bit to locate. Have personal experience with this scenario many times. Have heard this story talked about by many good hunters and trackers, how the landscape changes from daylight to dark. We see this in horror movies. MOO I don’t think BM traveled a long way at night to a certain location, I think BM disposed of SM in a very close to home familiar location. JMO Unless he had marked the location with GPS and used GPS to return. IMO rough terrain would not be easily navigated at night even with GPS.

Yes, I thought that comment was in response to AM's statement on PE about the GPS data on his truck not lining up with BM's story. I wish we knew when this discrepancy was, and how long. Was it on Saturday or Sunday? Did it occur within the 3 1/2 hour timeframe AM keeps mentioning?
bbm
Same !
I'm thinking this will factor into a trial esp. if Suzanne is never found. :(
Along with other evidence that LE are not releasing ?

I am also confused that AM was convinced SM was speaking to a friend until about 12:30 May 9th and then communication stopped and/or changed. Now, there has been no mention of this friend again and the statement to Dr. Phil indicates she was seen at 1600 on Saturday with BM getting a sandwich?

Like many of you, I question whether or not it was SM.

I just went back to the TD recording.

I'm pretty sure that the part about the girls running late was a falsehood, put in there because his conversation with Suzanne about the girls spending the day with her never happened and was never the plan. It's a long journey from ID to CO.

This is what I hear on the recording - I'm not sure if it matches an official transcript

TD: Let me ask you a quick question Barry. So you were in Denver but how long, how long before somebody noticed that she was gone?

BM: Well it was Mother’s Day,

TD: It was Mother’s Day

BM: So, um, we um, (pauses) we had two daughters that were coming home from a trip. And I had got a job in Denver that I wanted to get started on on Sunday, set it up for my workers, my workers were coming in Sunday night, normally I work [inaudible] Sunday night [inaudible] Monday but I, being the owner, I wanted to get everything lined up so that they didn’t have to stay in the room on the Monday morning, just get busy working.

TD: Right

BM: So I told my wife, I said listen, the girls are gonna be home, they want to spend Mother’s Day with you, mind if I go get set up [inaudible] set up the [bikes?] and stuff and then the girls came home [inaudible]. That’s what we thought was going to happen. The girls were running late so they texted her Happy Mother’s Day, she didn’t text back. So we went to, or they called my neighbors, and said ‘listen, it’s Mother’s Day, I’m a little worried, and will you go check the house?’ The neighbor went and checked the house, saw that her car was there but the bike was gone. She called me in Denver and said ‘hey we’re just a little worried’ and I go ‘well, I am too, why don’t we…

start point 6:22

MOO
It seems like he mentioned "mother's day" way too much, here. Just another indication that he was trying to make an alibi ~ MOO

I thought it was actual friend requests sent to men of Andys age.
In the latest article I think he actually said the men were "friended" by someone using Suzanne's FB account.

Whatever the activity, it seems someone logged on to her account and was looking for information or trying to make it look like Suzanne was on FB at that time.

I am also confused that AM was convinced SM was speaking to a friend until about 12:30 May 9th and then communication stopped and/or changed. Now, there has been no mention of this friend again and the statement to Dr. Phil indicates she was seen at 1600 on Saturday with BM getting a sandwich?

Like many of you, I question whether or not it was SM.

It seems plausible, given that there appears to be so much evidence pointing to possible cover up and alibi activity that there was another person with BM at the sandwich shop. It is also possible, that this person did not know that BM was using them for this purpose .. MOO

Do we even know if the girls were going to come home on Mother's Day? Is it because Barry said that?

Maybe it is not true at all. Maybe they weren’t coming for a few days yet. Has anyone else attested to that?

Perhaps we shouldn’t take his word for that statement.

In Andy's extended interview with PE
CO - CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 , MEDIA,MAPS,TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*
@8:42 he says that TN or one of the kids showed up and they called 911. I always wondered why TN arrived on scene so quickly since he lives 2+ hours away. Now that @NatureLover has advised that TN's mom was part of the camping expedition and that she and BM's mom drove to CO together, it makes more sense. Where was BM's mom during this time? Did she go on the trip too or stay with TN? Were they planning to celebrate MD at BM & SM's home? Thank goodness BM was fortunate enough to have his support system so close when tragedy struck. I am not in any way implying they were complicit in SM's disappearance, I just find the timing interesting, more people dancing to Barry's tune.
:oops:
MOO
Replying to my own post to add: I may have misinterpreted @NatureLover Post #655 with regard to BM's mom and sister traveling to CO together by car. Hopefully @NatureLover can clarify. In the meantime, please take that part of my post as my speculation and opinion only. Thank you! :oops:

In the latest article I think he actually said the men were "friended" by someone using Suzanne's FB account.

Whatever the activity, it seems someone logged on to her account and was looking for information or trying to make it look like Suzanne was on FB at that time.
It would be nice to know where this "pit stop" was?

I thought it was actual friend requests sent to men of Andys age.
Agree. That is what AM said, and that take assertive action, unlike the algorhithm which lists people somehow related to you by FB connections and presents, them as people you might want to send friend requests to.
Meaning that someone was in SMs account taking assertive action in her account at midnight 5/9.

Do we even know if the girls were going to come home on Mother's Day? Is it because Barry said that?

Maybe it is not true at all. Maybe they weren’t coming for a few days yet. Has anyone else attested to that?

Perhaps we shouldn’t take his word for that statement.
If there is any discrepancy in what he said to TD they will have to be wondering why he said stuff that wasn't true about their plans. I don't think he suspected his conversation with TD would be made public.

I found it very strange that in the last interview LS did with BM he asked her several times if she believed in God. Such an odd question...

I consider that question to be Barry's attempt to manipulate Lauren and reel her in to his side. If she believes in God, she will believe his ridiculous explanations.

He has just told Lauren, “This is the most devastating thing that has ever happened to me,” Barry said. “But I have got to keep my faith and trust in God. And Suzanne trusted the Lord and if one person got saved from this, she would think it was worth it. And we are just a Godly, loving, caring, family and this thing is just a tragedy.”

More of what others have pointed out as his "Christian Persona". JMO-

It seems like he mentioned "mother's day" way too much, here. Just another indication that he was trying to make an alibi ~ MOO
MOO trying to say "Mothers Day" would bring most grieving men in this situation to emotional halt, waiting for a surge in the throat to subside.
Its clear when AM speaks he has to avoid saying certain things in order not to be overcome.
It has to rub investigators the wrong way to hear BMs breezily speculating on gruesome details of SMs fate.

I have been wondering how strong physically SM may or may not have been during her treatments. Would she have been physically strong enough to ride a bike, or ride alone? Would that have been a red flag to LE?

I've always thought that. I would bet that the whole bike-riding thing was new. Not that having cancer would have stopped her from riding, but I've always had the feeling that was Barry's idea, for her to ride bikes. Probably bc I think this was premeditated, and he needed her to be on that bike at some point. And it definitely could have been a red flag to her friends, that knew she was not into bike riding.

JMO

IIRC he told Andy the reason he went to Broomfield was to set up the job for his people so that he could work locally while the crew was gone to Broomfield.

I have not seen anything about any conversations Andy may or may not have had with Barry's visiting family members who presumably were still there when he arrived on Monday eve.

If there were plans for even a simple family gathering on MD, maybe there would be signs like a fully stocked refrigerator, a table already set? Fresh flowers? Gifts? Things that maybe didn't occur that should have, giving a hint as to the timing of events.

MOO
Good thought! Also, maybe that was why Barry was seen in town shopping Saturday (per MG). Buying a gift for his own Mom.

I consider that question to be Barry's attempt to manipulate Lauren and reel her in to his side. If she believes in God, she will believe his ridiculous explanations.

He has just told Lauren, “This is the most devastating thing that has ever happened to me,” Barry said. “But I have got to keep my faith and trust in God. And Suzanne trusted the Lord and if one person got saved from this, she would think it was worth it. And we are just a Godly, loving, caring, family and this thing is just a tragedy.”

More of what others have pointed out as his "Christian Persona". JMO-

Oh, Oh, Barry. I don't think that the "one person" that might be "saved" from this will be you. MOO

Completely going off-track here. Was thinking about the pink bike. Maybe it was supposed to be Suzanne’s Mother’s Day gift for beating cancer? Just a thought...

Therefore, if he bought her a Mother’s Day Gift her murder wasn’t premeditated. Must have been a crime of passion.

MOO

Last edited:
Was it only men that the 'friend requests' were made too?

eta - if it was only men and if Suzanne wasn't the one making those requests - why would someone choose only men to friend request? Is it because those people were familiar to the person who was making those friend requests ?

eta (again)- I don't think my question/thoughts are making much sense :oops:

Last edited:
Good thought! Also, maybe that was why Barry was seen in town shopping Saturday (per MG). Buying a gift for his own Mom.

If he was buying a gift for his Mom, when did he plan on giving it to her? If he had not gotten a call from someone saying Suzanne was missing, what time would he have arrived home, if at all, on Mother’s Day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LightInv