Deceased/Not Found UK - Bernadette Walker, 17, left parent's car, Peterborough, 21 Jul 2020 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could well be a motive. By the looks of things they'd broken up, but that doesn't mean she couldn't be pregnant with his baby. There's an interesting post on BW's Facebook timeline in which she anounces her new relationship, and ScoW responds with a photo of him clenching his fists with the comment [sic] 'Any boy who kisses you better have the image of me in their head....'
YUCK. Fathers who are this “protective” over their daughters and fixated on their sex lives really disgust me. Some might find it funny or an old fashioned way of thinking but I find it repulsive.

It wouldn’t shock me if she was planning to move on from the family and start a life with a bf/gf and this enraged her parents. ScW needs her around because he’s a possessive creep and SaW needs her because she’s been made to take care of her siblings. Heaven forbid this child had any sense of autonomy.
MOO

YUCK. Fathers who are this “protective” over their daughters and fixated on their sex lives really disgust me. Some might find it funny or an old fashioned way of thinking but I find it repulsive.

It wouldn’t shock me if she was planning to move on from the family and start a life with a bf/gf and this enraged her parents. ScW needs her around because he’s a possessive creep and SaW needs her because she’s been made to take care of her siblings. Heaven forbid this child had any sense of autonomy.
MOO

It was reported that she was not with her boyfriend anymore so I don’t think this had anything to do with her wanting to leave home to be with him.

@moody_chicago Very interesting post with lots to consider. I have been very uncomfortable with SaW’s continual parading of her children on social media in vulnerable pictures of their ill-health. I don’t think it’s necessarily MSBP, but it does feel like using their vulnerability to garner attention and get extra money from strangers, which doesn’t sit right with me. I realise my view will be abhorrent to some but well, murder is abhorrent and if they can (albeit yet to be proven) murder their child what else can they do?

I stress I am not talking about the actions of caring parents with ill or disabled children, so I hope nobody takes offence. I am talking about potential murderers.

I have seen nothing that makes me feel SaW would be less culpable than ScW. There can be a natural instinct to think a mother would be too nurturing to do this, but the threads of this forum sadly prove otherwise.

Last edited:
Long time lurker... Felt the need to finally sign up as I can’t stop thinking about this poor girl, like I could have helped her, like we would have been friends if I were her age.. and I need to mention something I don’t think has been brought up before. Maybe it’s been alluded to but just not said flat out. This is just a *theory*, not my ultimate theory and is MOO. I know this may sound ableist and alarming, but has anyone else entertained the idea that these children aren’t actually as sick as SaW says they are? MSBP comes to mind here. I know the bone condition can’t exactly be faked, but we can’t forget that sometimes people steal X-rays off the internet etc. It happens with ultrasounds all the time. And with ASD for example, a narcissist could simply claim their quirky child is on the spectrum and isolate them, treat them in such a way that they become so socially awkward they appear to be. I work with children and I’ve witnessed first hand, parents exaggerating their kids symptoms or behaviours just to get x or y. Whether it be money, free childcare, to excuse inappropriate behaviour, or just receive pity and attention.

I can’t help but think of Gypsy Rose Blanchard..I’m not sure how it works in England, but Gypsy’s mom doctor shopped and did everything in her power to see to it her daughter was deemed ill. It’s possible these kids aren’t AS sick as she says they are. Both parents seem very opportunistic and narcissistic. They love their social media. They love the attention they get from being so family oriented.

I somewhat theorize that SaW loved the pity and the “oh you’re so strong, I don’t know how you do it!” praise she was getting when dealing with her first ill child. She gets handouts from the community, she gets attention. She seems to be locally famous? She thrives on drama and compliments, so she keeps having children. She gets high off feeling like a martyr. Maybe some are actually sick. Maybe only one is. But she loves it. She could be keeping them ill, isolating them, even gaslighting the autistic child to believe they’re on the spectrum when they’re not. And who does the dirty work, taking care of these kids who may not even be that ill? The eldest ones who have been emotionally neglected, who have to go along with everything because heaven forbid they get called crazy, are kicked out, cut off etc etc

I’m sorry but there is something off to me about a woman who continues to pop out babies full well knowing they will likely be disabled and that these disabilities will be costing them a fortune to treat. It would make more sense if they were Mormon’s or very religious people who didn’t believe in birth control or were trying to build a little army for Jesus etc but i haven’t heard anything to suggest that’s the case.

I know it’s a wild thought, SaW faking the illnesses but know what else is wild? A mother making her daughter live in a wheelchair even though she can walk. A man annihilating his family because he has a hot new gf. Or a missing girl who’s parents are both suspects in her murder. People think it’s absolutely crazy that a mother would kill her own child and find it easier to believe a father would (which I think could be a study on its own!) but mothers kill their children all the time. It’s not out the realm of possibility. Just because you wouldn’t kill your own child doesn’t mean there’s not monsters out there who would.

People are asking about motive and I’ll throw one out there. Again MOO and only one possibility.

....Maybe Bernadette was fed up with her moms sickening obsession with attention. Maybe she was tired of having to put a hold on her social life to take care of siblings who were being kept sick. Maybe she was exhausted from having to put her own wants and needs on the back burner because she was expected to be a care taker. Maybe she knew it was all a lie and she told her parents she didn’t want to do it anymore. She could have said she wanted to move away. Maybe with a bf/gf like Gypsy. She could have threatened to out them. If it were to come out that they are keeping these kids sick, their disability funds (not sure how it works in the UK), housing situation, reputations etc etc change drastically. They could face fraud charges maybe? The parents need to continue this narrative to protect their livelihood.

They argue in the car, B gets out, starts running home to pack her things but they get there before she does. When she arrives, they try to stop her from leaving and blowing their cover, purposely or accidentally kill her and hide her body.

I’m prepared to get backlash for the MSBP theory because it may come off very insensitive, but people seem to really sympathize and feel bad for SaW, thinking that ScW is the “bad guy”... I think it’s possible he’s just a chump who’s been manipulated by a narcissist for so so long. Maybe it’s all been her idea from the start. Child support, attention, gov funding. He might not even know they’re not sick/that sick. Or he just is going along with it because she’s a narcissistic witch and he’s under her spell. Either way, I just can’t shake the feeling that she’s the “bad” one.

I understand there’s a lot of comments on fb about him being an abuser and I’m always one to believe victims first....but this is a complicated situation. What if ScW isn’t actually an abuser and it’s all a concocted narrative by SaW? It’s not atypical for a parent to turn their children against the other.

That being said, I haven’t read the comments on the telegraph post cuz I deleted my fb, so I’m not exactly in the know. But if that family has been suffering at the hands of ScW...there’s a chance he got so angry at Bernadette that he accidentally killed her and SaW had to go along with covering it up. Bc imagine how bad it would (does lol) look for that family. I agree that if ScW did kill her, SaW just might not know where BW is. Someone would have to stay home with and pacify that gaggle of children while the other hides her body.

Some have wondered why or what would cause someone to “suddenly” become abusive. Which is a loaded question.

1. Substance abuse. If someone is put on a medication or starts using, it can really affect your personality and tendency toward irritability. Being an addictions counsellor, time and time again I have seen peoples personalities change drastically when using or going through withdrawls. A typical example is just how cranky people get when hungover! The sweetest of people can be unbearably mean when on cocaine. Aggressive when drunk. Irritable on oxy. I knew an otherwise docile family man who tried to kill his wife, in front of their toddler, while on crack and cocaine. If ScW was in an accident and has been prescribed an opiate, this could lead to him being abusive. Withdrawals are no joke. There’s also a thing called wet brain. When you’ve been drinking so long that you basically are just dumb and those thinking skills and emotional regulation is changed immensely. That being said pls note I do not believe that everybody who uses substances becomes abusive. I have known many people in or out of active addiction who have never displayed abusive behaviour.
  2. Head injury. If an accident occurred, a head injury could have happened and his pre frontal cortex etc could be damaged. His amygdala. Places that are responsible for emotional regulation or impulse control. Many serial killers or “psychopaths” have suffered head injuries. And it’s on like every dr Phil episode lol
  3. Affair/secret gambling. People who cheat or have something to hide will become paranoid and lash out. ScW was openly a gambler but if he had secretly gambled away way too much, the kind of pressure, keeping a huge secret, it can make someone snap.
  4. Time. Not just over a period of time but having too much time. He could have been abusive toward people from the start but subtle about it. Doing it in secret. Only abusing one person who either was silent or hadn’t quite realized bc of gaslighting. But since he’s home more it’s more evident. He could be becoming more unhinged and irritable now that he isn’t as busy at work. Maybe he abused person X but they only spent so much time together. Him being home all the time is more opportunity for him to lash out. Just consider what effects quarantine has had on domestic abuse situations and apply it here.

<modsnip>

Again 1) JMO, 2) yes I know this might be controversial to consider 3) I love WS and I’m happy to officially be a member 4) I think about you all the time, Bernadette

Wow, an awful lot to chew on. Please don't be shy about putting ideas accross no matter how wild or insensitive you may think, especially when discussing such an odd case. You've only enrichened this thread. Some notes:

Yes, the substance abuse idea rings true. AnW's comment points towards something of this nature: [sic] 'I would totally agree with you too up untill around 2 years ago when he became abusive towards us all'.

And the Gypsy Rose Blanchard theory, it figures seeing as the mother publicised her children's ailments, and in such weirdly explicit detail. Real cute kids as well which made it hard to read.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, an awful lot to chew on. Please don't be shy about putting ideas accross no matter how wild or insensitive you may think, especially when discussing such an odd case. You've only enrichened this thread. Some notes:

Yes, the substance abuse idea rings true. AnW's comment points towards something of this nature: [sic] 'I would totally agree with you too up untill around 2 years ago when he became abusive towards us all'.

And the Gypsy Rose Blanchard theory, it figures seeing as the mother publicised her children's ailments, and in such weirdly explicit detail. Real cute kids as well which made it hard to read.

The Reddit friend, I only discovered thanks to you. What an insight! ScW was once convicted of killing someone? I need to find out more about this.

I believe it was concluded that ScW killing someone was another man of this name.

Long time lurker... Felt the need to finally sign up as I can’t stop thinking about this poor girl, like I could have helped her, like we would have been friends if I were her age.. and I need to mention something I don’t think has been brought up before. Maybe it’s been alluded to but just not said flat out. This is just a *theory*, not my ultimate theory and is MOO. I know this may sound ableist and alarming, but has anyone else entertained the idea that these children aren’t actually as sick as SaW says they are? MSBP comes to mind here. I know the bone condition can’t exactly be faked, but we can’t forget that sometimes people steal X-rays off the internet etc. It happens with ultrasounds all the time. And with ASD for example, a narcissist could simply claim their quirky child is on the spectrum and isolate them, treat them in such a way that they become so socially awkward they appear to be. I work with children and I’ve witnessed first hand, parents exaggerating their kids symptoms or behaviours just to get x or y. Whether it be money, free childcare, to excuse inappropriate behaviour, or just receive pity and attention.

I can’t help but think of Gypsy Rose Blanchard..I’m not sure how it works in England, but Gypsy’s mom doctor shopped and did everything in her power to see to it her daughter was deemed ill. It’s possible these kids aren’t AS sick as she says they are. Both parents seem very opportunistic and narcissistic. They love their social media. They love the attention they get from being so family oriented.

I somewhat theorize that SaW loved the pity and the “oh you’re so strong, I don’t know how you do it!” praise she was getting when dealing with her first ill child. She gets handouts from the community, she gets attention. She seems to be locally famous? She thrives on drama and compliments, so she keeps having children. She gets high off feeling like a martyr. Maybe some are actually sick. Maybe only one is. But she loves it. She could be keeping them ill, isolating them, even gaslighting the autistic child to believe they’re on the spectrum when they’re not. And who does the dirty work, taking care of these kids who may not even be that ill? The eldest ones who have been emotionally neglected, who have to go along with everything because heaven forbid they get called crazy, are kicked out, cut off etc etc

I’m sorry but there is something off to me about a woman who continues to pop out babies full well knowing they will likely be disabled and that these disabilities will be costing them a fortune to treat. It would make more sense if they were Mormon’s or very religious people who didn’t believe in birth control or were trying to build a little army for Jesus etc but i haven’t heard anything to suggest that’s the case.

I know it’s a wild thought, SaW faking the illnesses but know what else is wild? A mother making her daughter live in a wheelchair even though she can walk. A man annihilating his family because he has a hot new gf. Or a missing girl who’s parents are both suspects in her murder. People think it’s absolutely crazy that a mother would kill her own child and find it easier to believe a father would (which I think could be a study on its own!) but mothers kill their children all the time. It’s not out the realm of possibility. Just because you wouldn’t kill your own child doesn’t mean there’s not monsters out there who would.

People are asking about motive and I’ll throw one out there. Again MOO and only one possibility.

....Maybe Bernadette was fed up with her moms sickening obsession with attention. Maybe she was tired of having to put a hold on her social life to take care of siblings who were being kept sick. Maybe she was exhausted from having to put her own wants and needs on the back burner because she was expected to be a care taker. Maybe she knew it was all a lie and she told her parents she didn’t want to do it anymore. She could have said she wanted to move away. Maybe with a bf/gf like Gypsy. She could have threatened to out them. If it were to come out that they are keeping these kids sick, their disability funds (not sure how it works in the UK), housing situation, reputations etc etc change drastically. They could face fraud charges maybe? The parents need to continue this narrative to protect their livelihood.

They argue in the car, B gets out, starts running home to pack her things but they get there before she does. When she arrives, they try to stop her from leaving and blowing their cover, purposely or accidentally kill her and hide her body.

I’m prepared to get backlash for the MSBP theory because it may come off very insensitive, but people seem to really sympathize and feel bad for SaW, thinking that ScW is the “bad guy”... I think it’s possible he’s just a chump who’s been manipulated by a narcissist for so so long. Maybe it’s all been her idea from the start. Child support, attention, gov funding. He might not even know they’re not sick/that sick. Or he just is going along with it because she’s a narcissistic witch and he’s under her spell. Either way, I just can’t shake the feeling that she’s the “bad” one.

I understand there’s a lot of comments on fb about him being an abuser and I’m always one to believe victims first....but this is a complicated situation. What if ScW isn’t actually an abuser and it’s all a concocted narrative by SaW? It’s not atypical for a parent to turn their children against the other.

That being said, I haven’t read the comments on the telegraph post cuz I deleted my fb, so I’m not exactly in the know. But if that family has been suffering at the hands of ScW...there’s a chance he got so angry at Bernadette that he accidentally killed her and SaW had to go along with covering it up. Bc imagine how bad it would (does lol) look for that family. I agree that if ScW did kill her, SaW just might not know where BW is. Someone would have to stay home with and pacify that gaggle of children while the other hides her body.

Some have wondered why or what would cause someone to “suddenly” become abusive. Which is a loaded question.

1. Substance abuse. If someone is put on a medication or starts using, it can really affect your personality and tendency toward irritability. Being an addictions counsellor, time and time again I have seen peoples personalities change drastically when using or going through withdrawls. A typical example is just how cranky people get when hungover! The sweetest of people can be unbearably mean when on cocaine. Aggressive when drunk. Irritable on oxy. I knew an otherwise docile family man who tried to kill his wife, in front of their toddler, while on crack and cocaine. If ScW was in an accident and has been prescribed an opiate, this could lead to him being abusive. Withdrawals are no joke. There’s also a thing called wet brain. When you’ve been drinking so long that you basically are just dumb and those thinking skills and emotional regulation is changed immensely. That being said pls note I do not believe that everybody who uses substances becomes abusive. I have known many people in or out of active addiction who have never displayed abusive behaviour.
  2. Head injury. If an accident occurred, a head injury could have happened and his pre frontal cortex etc could be damaged. His amygdala. Places that are responsible for emotional regulation or impulse control. Many serial killers or “psychopaths” have suffered head injuries. And it’s on like every dr Phil episode lol
  3. Affair/secret gambling. People who cheat or have something to hide will become paranoid and lash out. ScW was openly a gambler but if he had secretly gambled away way too much, the kind of pressure, keeping a huge secret, it can make someone snap.
  4. Time. Not just over a period of time but having too much time. He could have been abusive toward people from the start but subtle about it. Doing it in secret. Only abusing one person who either was silent or hadn’t quite realized bc of gaslighting. But since he’s home more it’s more evident. He could be becoming more unhinged and irritable now that he isn’t as busy at work. Maybe he abused person X but they only spent so much time together. Him being home all the time is more opportunity for him to lash out. Just consider what effects quarantine has had on domestic abuse situations and apply it here.

There is a “friend” on Reddit who has said a few things. The site is totally open so I think it’s okay if I talk about it? I know it’s not an official source but someone here mentioned that her friends were silent but one user, a friend, has been on Reddit since the start.

At first, according to the friend, SaW was putting money in B’s bank account, 10 pounds a day. The family believed she was kidnapped. It’s interesting to me that they were going to this kind of trouble to cover their tracks.

She says one of her older brothers is autistic “so they don’t talk about him” and is a pathological liar but he says that there was a fight at the HOUSE and that’s the last he saw of her. It’s possible he’s not lying. If my theory is correct, they had a fight in the car, then back at the house, they continued it. Makes me sad that the family doesn’t talk about this guy because he’s on the spectrum. And yet SaW is all about flaunting her children with physical disabilities. Guess ASD isn’t as glamorous.

Again 1) JMO, 2) yes I know this might be controversial to consider 3) I love WS and I’m happy to officially be a member 4) I think about you all the time, Bernadette

You make some interesting points. The part that stuck out for me the most is maybe Bernadette was fed up with the life she was given. This hits home for me and I guess that's really why I'm checking for updates on her daily. In the early days I hoped she just ran away from home for a better life... But it doesn't look good.

There is a “friend” on Reddit who has said a few things. The site is totally open so I think it’s okay if I talk about it? I know it’s not an official source but someone here mentioned that her friends were silent but one user, a friend, has been on Reddit since the start.

At first, according to the friend, SaW was putting money in B’s bank account, 10 pounds a day. The family believed she was kidnapped. It’s interesting to me that they were going to this kind of trouble to cover their tracks.

She says one of her older brothers is autistic “so they don’t talk about him” and is a pathological liar but he says that there was a fight at the HOUSE and that’s the last he saw of her. It’s possible he’s not lying. If my theory is correct, they had a fight in the car, then back at the house, they continued it. Makes me sad that the family doesn’t talk about this guy because he’s on the spectrum. And yet SaW is all about flaunting her children with physical disabilities. Guess ASD isn’t as glamorous.

I agree about SW thriving off of the attention she gets from having 3 sick children and being the mother to so many others. I'm not sure its MHBP but I feel very uncomfortable with the pictures she put on SM of her children in hospital.
There was also the newspaper articles she did and and the go fund me she put on twitter.
BW had pictures on her Facebook as well of when they were on the TV show DIY SOS, which if your not in the UK is a show that does up people's house's that need it or they adapt them if someone in the family has a disability.
Obviously its incredibly hard to be a carer to sick/disabled children or family members and believe me I know people that care for children or family members with severe disabilities but they don't put it all over SM especially of their children in hospital.

I agree about SW thriving off of the attention she gets from having 3 sick children and being the mother to so many others. I'm not sure its MHBP but I feel very uncomfortable with the pictures she put on SM of her children in hospital.
There was also the newspaper articles she did and and the go fund me she put on twitter.
BW had pictures on her Facebook as well of when they were on the TV show DIY SOS, which if your not in the UK is a show that does up people's house's that need it or they adapt them if someone in the family has a disability.
Obviously its incredibly hard to be a carer to sick/disabled children or family members and believe me I know people that care for children or family members with severe disabilities but they don't put it all over SM especially of their children in hospital.
Indeed. You barely have time for social media when caring for a sick/disabled person. Let alone three of them and an overall family of nine.

I think tensions in that house had been mounting for years, perhaps ScW became very depressed a couple of years ago when he could no longer work? SaW has mentioned depression alot in her SM account and I think became more and more narcissistic and attention seeking especially over last year, the older kids IMO also seemed depressed - I think something happened and all those emotions exploded into something truly horrific. JMO

Was the family's house done up by DIY SOS? It would be interesting to find that particular episode..

The topic of Munchausen by proxy (or Fabricated/induced illness as it is now termed) keeps being brought up.

The 3 children are diagnosed with a genetic illness, they've had multiple operations on the NHS and no doubt genetic testing. Here in the UK you can't just ask for tests or treatments to be done and hand over your credit card.
If those children had surgeries it's because they absolutely needed them.

Whatever has occurred with Bernadette, there is absolutely no evidence of and Fabricated or induced illness.

I am the parent of a disabled daughter following a Stroke at 13 and myself and my children all have a genetic illness.

The judgement from some on subjects that they very obviously have zero personal experience of is troubling.

Sarah's social media 'campaigns' for her children aren't at all unusual for families with rare illness. You want to tell the world and find other people who are sharing your journey.

Also, disability benefits don't just get handed out ... many here seem to be under the impression that if your child is disabled and 'needs a wheelchair' that some service just drops one off at your door the next day and that is far from the truth. You can be told your child isn't eligible, there's no funding, there's no wheelchair that suits their needs and your only option is to fund it yourself and they can cost hundreds to thousands. Many families are forced to campaign and G-F-M to buy equipment.

I'll also add that from what I know of the children disability, they can have periods of being well and mobile when there's no tumour causing issues so there are times when they may seem 'okay', that doesn't mean they are.

I'll be driving over that bridge in about half hour. Be interesting to see. I'm guessing they'll move towards the Peakirk area next as there is lots of water around there. Near to where they are in that picture there's also a filled in quarry, or something. Very swampy.
Ooo do let us know.

I have a disabled niece; I know her parents to be loving, devoted and really hard-working in the face of great struggles. I sympathise and support those who live that life, it is very challenging and they are absolute heroes.

I am so sorry @mrazda71 if you feel parents of disabled children are being judged. I certainly hope I don’t appear to be doing that. I have to say again that comments here, certainly on my part but I assume others too, are not tarring all with the same brush. They are not about all parents with disabled children. They are about a set of parents who the police believe capable of, and responsible for, murdering their child. That makes them a whole different kettle of fish.

moo

I have a disabled niece; I know her parents to be loving, devoted and really hard-working in the face of great struggles. I sympathise and support those who live that life, it is very challenging and they are absolute heroes.

I am so sorry @mrazda71 if you feel parents of disabled children are being judged. I certainly hope I don’t appear to be doing that. I have to say again that comments here, certainly on my part but I assume others too, are not tarring all with the same brush. They are not about all parents with disabled children. They are about a set of parents who the police believe capable of, and responsible for, murdering their child. That makes them a whole different kettle of fish.

moo

My comment wasn't aimed at anyone specific, definitely not you.

I was posting to shed some light on the subject of being a parent of a disabled child and genetic illness from an informed perspective.

I don't recall who but someone suggested that a parent/carer of a disabled person wouldn't have time for social media.

From experience carers have more time for social media than most as they're often not able to work full time or have social lives or get out. Our lives are often lived through social media. That is where our friends are, our support networks.

The children of the family were not severely disabled and needing 24 hour care and there are 2 adults and 3 older teens/young adults in the house to all pitch in.

I think it's got to the stage now where there is no new information being put out and so theories just go around in circles and become. more outlandish.

I'm sure we will all be sitting open mouthed on the day that all the skeletons are freed in court because I am highly doubtful that these 2 will plead guilty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53