Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #44

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe Barry would be willing to show his face under one condition...

"No questions asked"
Leticia Souch provided that "cousin it" interview.

Every time BM does an interview I think of Tim the Toolman's neighbor who never shows his face but has all the answers. Lol!!

BM has alllllll the answers....

All I see with Barry's CBS interview is: gaslighting.

The technique is a way to control the moment in the relationship with his in laws, to stop the conflict, to ease some anxiety and feel “in charge” again.

It’s a way for BM, once again, to deflect responsibility and to tear down someone else.

AM is an exhausted man trying to find his sister. BM's "interview" is attempting to undermie AM’s reality (as well as ours) by: denying facts, the environment around them, and AM's feelings.

Exactly! AM (and by extension his whole familyl) is breaking his neck searching for his sister and yet BM touts "siblings refuse to show her love."

Targets of gaslighting are manipulated into turning against their cognition, their emotions, and who they fundamentally are as people.

I can't imagine the ordeal of what it was like being married to BM.....

Note to CBS: Barry's daughters didn't set up the go fund money page to find their mother. You better check your facts.

Awesome post Warwick7, you have nailed him perfectly.

All I see with Barry's CBS interview is: gaslighting.

The technique is a way to control the moment in the relationship with his in laws, to stop the conflict, to ease some anxiety and feel “in charge” again.

It’s a way for BM, once again, to deflect responsibility and to tear down someone else.

AM is an exhausted man trying to find his sister. BM's "interview" is attempting to undermie AM’s reality (as well as ours) by: denying facts, the environment around them, and AM's feelings.

Exactly! AM (and by extension his whole familyl) is breaking his neck searching for his sister and yet BM touts "siblings refuse to show her love."

Targets of gaslighting are manipulated into turning against their cognition, their emotions, and who they fundamentally are as people.

I can't imagine the ordeal of what it was like being married to BM.....

Note to CBS: Barry's daughters didn't set up the go fund money page to find their mother. You better check your facts.

I just emailed the newsroom

ITA , it will take electronic forensics, etc to solve the case. The further away from the Morphews, the harder, not impossible.

You raised other points, I agree with.
Longhorn Ranch is incredibly drab, compared to Puma Path, and near the airport? No trees, flat and blah. Airport not a big operation, perhaps SM and BM were interested in flying, who knows?

Quite a challenge, from landscaper’s POV.
Perhaps tho, that is what SM and BM wanted, they seemed to be a goal oriented couple with plans.
BM is young from a SS retirement angle. He may never have used that as a retirement plan.
He appeared to enjoy his job, until all this happened, so he and SM May have had a different retirement age in mind.

All the comments about the Puma Path house, finally forced me to think further; that house would be perfect for a BnB, etc, perfect lodge type rental.
It’s possible the whole family was involved in this plan.
BM may have options on all the lots, in LongHorn neighborhood, or partnership with owner/developer. In other words, this could be his and SMs 10 yr plan, income and his enjoyment in the landscaping process.
Their house could be a sort of model home, until they had the first homes built. Storage of his landscaping equipment.

I have no doubt BM would be moving in large trees, and turning the drab into a oasis in that desert area.

The Morphews have been savvy investors, thruout their marriage, if they paid that much for that lot, they knew it was going to be worth it.
Their plan was already in the works, this wasn’t some plan BM had without SM knowing. MOO
We have no evidence that SM was the breadwinner of the family until an inheritance from her mother... yet they seem to have had a comfortable financial situation, investing in rentals.
His income enabled her to be a stay at home mom.

IMO, BM is just treading water, he is following the plan he and SM had for their future, until he can move forward on his own.

He knows SM is dead and he knows who did it. It is taking every bit of his beliefs and Christianity not to strike out, and he is constantly reminding himself , that’s why he is preaching to reporters.

He isn’t worried about his public image, he could care less. He knows the guilty parties will get justice, he’d prefer it on this earth, but justice will come.

I am approaching this case from a personal angle, there are many similarities between the Morphews, and my own.
Financially savvy and also frugal, my hubby worked hard, and we saved, saved, saved.
We took on a financial challenge 20 yrs ago.
We stuck together and had our church community support. We were house poor for 15 of those years, but we overcame.

If one of us had been abducted, the other would be under the microscope, who knows.

We live on a secluded acreage, now gated. The only fearful time was when my psychopath sister was battling for control of my mother, it was actually pathetic, but ultimately for me it was my mother’s wellbeing, my sister was just greedy, and she had always been jealous. She was a loose cannon.
Our inheritance, between 5 children was about the cost of 4 months in assisted living, so I always felt there was a more sinister motive, jealousy. It was a nasty period of my life, memories come back, but mostly I’m past it now.

Speculation on other possibilities, my opinions and experiences
Agree with much of this about their lives. If SM then had a change of heart and wanted out, it certainly could have the to a severe reaction.

We are just sleuthers here - we don’t need evidence IMO - we take in what we know from our sources and formulate opinions and discuss those here
I believe there was a smell of bleach / chlorine at the home and hotel and you don’t have that Unless you are covering something up
JMO
Did LE tell us this?

Did LE tell us this?
Don't quote me but imo it was Andy the brother who claimed one of the L.E. investigators told him of the smell at house and Andy told either youtuber or Lauren . Can't provide link but maybe in timeline? The hotel bleach was Megan and her co-hort and I believe the usual suspect again on youtube imo

BBM

I’m sorry if I’ve missed it, but do we know the content of the papers GM was asked to sign? I remember that it happened but I don’t recall the bolded bit. Thanks
from her media thread:
today’s Dr. Phil show with interviews of Andy and PE. Dr. Phil that BM called SM Dad and asked him to sign the guardianship papers!

Veteran Law Enforcement Experts Discuss Involvement In The Search For Missing Colorado Woman

——
He used that she was missing and could not be located to petition for guardianship
JMO

In reference to the letter BM showed in the interview from SM- I think it sounds like it’s from a woman feeling sentimental and emotional. She was battling cancer for a second time and was possibly questioning her future. All the “what if’s” of cancer. How long do I have left? Etc. It breaks my heart that she beat cancer twice only to have her life end in such a cruel way. (Just my opinion and speculation after watching family and others battle the C word)

I agree, and...
Welcome to Websleuths @MissNat !

I believe there was a smell of bleach / chlorine at the home and hotel and you don’t have that Unless you are covering something up
JMO

Did LE tell us this?

Don't quote me but imo it was Andy the brother who claimed one of the L.E. investigators told him of the smell at house and Andy told either youtuber or Lauren .

FBI agents are seen investigating plot of land owned by Colorado mom Suzanne Morphew's husband | Daily Mail Online
  • Moorman said Barry, 52, has refused to participate in the search but did allow him access to the grounds of his $1.5 million home on Sunday
  • He also revealed he was told by FBI investigators the Morphew home stank of chlorine when it was searched by police in the days after Suzanne vanished

Ooooh.
He was recorded without permission!
TD might want to lay low.
MOO.

Recorded can also mean still photographs. Although excellent, the DM photos were intrusive. And having drones and helicopters overhead has got to be nerve-wracking.

The evidence we've seen suggests a certain person is not acting as expected, if not guilty. The optics sure look like he is involved in the disappearance of his wife. Can you imagine, though, what a nightmare this would be for an innocent person?

Recorded can also mean still photographs. Although excellent, the DM photos were intrusive. And having drones and helicopters overhead has got to be nerve-wracking.

The evidence we've seen suggests a certain person is not acting as expected, if not guilty. The optics sure look like he is involved in the disappearance of his wife. Can you imagine, though, what a nightmare this would be for an innocent person?

Yep, I've thought about it many times.

Seeing pics of yourself in the (not so) privacy of your own back yard, grilling supper, learning folks were online talking about the jar of peanut butter next to your grill, or your t-shirt style of choice, having rando youtubers show up asking questions? NO THANKS. It'd be a surreal nightmare, for an innocent man grieving the loss of his missing wife.

But then, BM does not appear to be that man, by any stretch of the imagination.

jmo

FBI agents are seen investigating plot of land owned by Colorado mom Suzanne Morphew's husband | Daily Mail Online
  • Moorman said Barry, 52, has refused to participate in the search but did allow him access to the grounds of his $1.5 million home on Sunday
  • He also revealed he was told by FBI investigators the Morphew home stank of chlorine when it was searched by police in the days after Suzanne vanished
I think the DM are getting some details mixed up. It was the hotel room that reportedly smelled like chlorine. AM said that he heard the house smelled like bleach, and that his information was second hand.

He said when he first spoke to LE he asked if SM's phone was found in the house and if there were any signs of a struggle. They answered no.

He also said that when a CBI investigator came to his house he told him BM had not been cooperating and that he was offered two polygraphs and a voice analysis test and he refused.

It's been reported that LE told him about the house smelling like bleach but I've never heard him actually say that. I think what he meant by "second hand" was that another person told him LE said the house smelled like bleach.

Random BM thought (MOO):

I wonder if BM hid the body above ground that Mother’s Day weekend but some time there after used the bobcat in moving and burying the body? Maybe that’s why cadaverdine hits seem to follow the bobcat. Also, if something like that is true, maybe the reason we see BM always towing the bobcat is because he is taking it everywhere and thus giving LE an overwhelming amount of data to have to go through to try to follow any of his movements with the bobcat.

I wouldn’t be surprised to learn that BM’s searching is really just him driving the bobcat all over the area as a way to complicate things for LE.

I also wonder if the timing of selling his truck would be a way to get ride of that evidence after moving the body and thinking his truck would hit if LE searched it again?

bbm

I mean Dailymail is an approved MSM source and they seem to be the only ones covering the case. AM told them the FBI informed him of the bleach smell at the house. i dont think they would have published it, if they thought he were lying and Im sure the FBI or BM would have made a statement denying the bleach smell at the home if it werent true. I dont LE is going to be confirming any facts with the public anytime soon. If we cant count on an approved news source that evidence was found, then we cant really confirm anything in this case jm0

My 2 cents, and worth as much ;-) :

1) BM does not own that property.
2) DM reports what an interviewee said, they have no idea if what an interviewee says is a lie unless...
3) ...LE, CBI, FBI will not confirm nor deny reports of evidence unless it advances the case.
4) "Approved source" does not ensure *accuracy*.

MOO

Re BBM
It would be awful and like most of us know it does happen sometimes where innocent people sometimes even end up convicted and sent to prison. Luckily it is not very common but we know it can happen which is why it is so very important that LE gets these cases right.

About all a person can do in that predicament is to come out and provide information that helps to prove their innocence. Whether that be in the courts or in the court of public opinion which is why it is important to study what is being said in the few times he has made any statements.

When I review what we have been told by him
it started with practically nothing for about a week. It was all "too soon" for him.
That did not help us understand why he could be innocent. So we waited and waited.

And finally we get a short under 30 second one-way video where no reporter could ask him any followup questions but at least he finally said something.

Since then, the message I am receiving is only him blasting others. Where is the content that helps us understand his innocence? Like explaining more about what and who he was with in Broomfield that could vouch for his whereabouts on Sunday? What time and day did he check in to that motel? How many rooms were reserved? Did he stay some time in the room that one of his workers found his insurance type papers? What were those papers? Why was he in that room to begin with?

You know, the important things that may help us to understand he had legitimate reasons to be in Broomfield and was actually working that day.

And what about who found the bike? Who exactly was it that found the bike that Sunday and what made them walk in that specific area? He sure knew about the bike's condition so he may know who found the bike and why they walked that specific area.

All I hear from his latest news is him throwing shade on others that he no longer thinks is on his side. How about providing some information that can help us understand why he is so innocent. Some real concrete and validateable information so we can get on his side.

It hasnt happened to date so I dont think its ever going to come. Its no wonder a lot of us cannot support him at this time. We have no basis to go in that direction.
JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member