GUILTY DE - Smyrna, Wht/HispFemale, 2-5, 'Baby Elle', ball field, 13 Sept 2019 - Emma Cole *arrests*

Attachments

• Emma Cole GAL Court History p1-8.pdf
    1,014.8 KB · Views: 84
  • Emma Cole GAL Court History p9-16.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 53
Yep, it sounds like Emma had a autoimmune disease, which to be honest, doesn't tell us much because it could've been so many different things with various degrees of severity. None of this means that Emma was in a terminal state. People with autoimmune diseases, for the most part, are able to live pretty long lives, many go into "remission" and don't have any symptoms for years once they start treatment. So, I don't really have any reason to believe that Emma was in a terminal state, if she didn't get any treatment though, whatever she had might have caused her death. The other option would be if she did receive treatment and stopped at some point, maybe had some complications and passed away. Treatment for any autoimmune disease is probably extremely expensive in the US.
Do we know what their charges are already? Because, if she was abused in any way, they will obviously reflect that. I'm feeling inclined to a death cause by lack of medical attention, maybe. I just can't imagine anyone disposing of a little girl's body that passed away on those circumstances. Maybe she was dead for a long time until they noticed. Such a sad, confusing case.

They lived not far from the fields where they left her, and no one local put 2 & 2 together? That is sad, too.

(Edited out examples of what I meant by "locals". I don't want to blame anyone in particular for not realizing it could be her without knowing why they didn't.)

Last edited:
Bankruptcy twice in one year for consumer debt? I didn't think that was possible but I'm not up to speed with filing bankruptcy either.

Eviction couldn't have been long after Emma's death. I wonder if the oldest child asked questions about where Emma was or remembers anything about that time period.

Pennsylvania couple arrested more than a year after the remains of 3-year-old girl found at Delaware softball field

Detectives said Emma had been dead for “several weeks or possibly longer” by the time she was found.

When Emma’s remains were discovered nearly 13 months ago, Brandon and Kristie were residing in Smyrna, just more than a mile away from the Little Lass softball complex. They were evicted from the single-story house in October 2019.

According to court records, they twice filed for bankruptcy the same year due to “consumer debt.”

There's no way this child never received treatment for a serious condition (may or may not be pulmonary or cystic fibrosis), right? I'm not familar with healthcare in the states, but at birth children are matched to a pediatrician or family doctor or whatever, right? Even if the parents don't have one? And check-ups are mandated? You can't really have a child whose medically "off the grid", I hope...
If this little one had any kind of medical care, I am wondering how the system didn't notice her absence. It's been a year.

There's no way this child never received treatment for a serious condition (may or may not be pulmonary or cystic fibrosis), right? I'm not familar with healthcare in the states, but at birth children are matched to a pediatrician or family doctor or whatever, right? Even if the parents don't have one? And check-ups are mandated? You can't really have a child whose medically "off the grid", I hope...
If this little one had any kind of medical care, I am wondering how the system didn't notice her absence. It's been a year.
I still don't know how old she actually was. If, when she was born, and during her first few months she didn't really have any symptoms, no doctor would check for an autoimmune disease, in my opinion. If she started showing symptoms and they took her to the doctor, there are records for sure, if she was ever diagnosed with anything I have a hard time believing that there were not extensive medical records. The thing is, autoimmune diseases are really hard to diagnose, specially in the early stages, more often than not, the symptoms come and go, sometimes people don't have any symptoms for a long period of time and then, boom there's another flare and the symptoms are back. So, if a kiddo is complaining about an headache but it eventually goes away, and a few weeks later it's the tummy that hurts but it also eventually gets better, but then the head is hurting again, I can see parents not really get super alarmed until something really bad happens. I wonder what the cause of death was.

Last edited:
I still don't know how old she actually was. If, when she was born, and during her first few months she didn't really have any symptoms, no doctor would check for an autoimmune disease, in my opinion. If she started showing symptoms and they took her to the doctor, there are records for sure, if she was ever diagnosed with anything I have a hard time believing that there were not extensive medical records. The thing is, autoimmune diseases are really hard to diagnose, specially in the early stages, more often than not, the symptoms come and go, sometimes people don't have any symptoms for a long period of time and then, boom there's another flare and the symptoms are back. So, if a kiddo is complaining about an headache but it eventually goes away, and a few weeks later it's the tummy that hurts but it also eventually gets better, but then the head is hurting again, I can see parents not really get super alarmed until something really bad happens. I wonder what the cause of death was.
In the case summary above (post #267), Emma's guardian case was opened 7/8/2016 which was at birth so she was probably 3 years old at the time of death. If she had an immediate guardian, I'd say there was some type of testing at birth or in the following days. Probably toxicology but there's no way to know unless LE/MSM/court records show it.
upload_2020-10-10_20-34-52.png

I'm not familar with healthcare in the states, but at birth children are matched to a pediatrician or family doctor or whatever, right? Even if the parents don't have one? And check-ups are mandated? You can't really have a child whose medically "off the grid", I hope...

RSBM.

In the US there are a lot of individual freedoms in child rearing. You can have a baby at home, homeschool them from a young age, choose whether or not to vaccinate them, and essentially never take them a doctor...I would definitely consider some kids 'off the grid' and have heard stories about when these kids grow up, leave home, try to obtain things like a bank account, a college education, an apartment ect. and don't have so much as a government issued birth certificate (which is your official record of birth!)

I grew up in a state that has religious groups who believe in "Faith healing" -in which they claim praying or performing rituals over the sick or injured person will cure them. There are religious exemptions in child abuse laws "when medical treatment for a child conflicts with the religious beliefs of parent." In some instances of faith healing, children have died or become permanently disabled when their parents refused to seek medical care for them. The parents are not held accountable, as they believe they are curing their children with prayer...

It does raise a thought...The social media I've seen of the parents seems to suggest they are religious and have interest in homeschooling their children (sometimes also a coverup for child abuse but absolutely not always). It's unknown to me if they vaccinate, but for a child with any serious or autoimmune type illness, being vaccinated is usually very important. Steroids are used a lot in treatment of these illnesses, lowering the body's ability to fight infections. None of these medications are kind to the body and I can't imagine what it's like to see your child suffer, especially with all the medication side-effects.

Did they perhaps go another route and try to cure this sweet child with prayer alone?

MOO.

From relatives talking on FB Emma suffered from pulmonary fibrosis. Emma's little cousin had the same illness and passed away due to it last year. Emma's grandad (her mum's father) passed away from the same illness as well.

Link to comments - KB Haas

Some interesting comments about where Emma spent her first years!

In the case summary above (post #267), Emma's guardian case was opened 7/8/2016 which was at birth so she was probably 3 years old at the time of death. If she had an immediate guardian, I'd say there was some type of testing at birth or in the following days. Probably toxicology but there's no way to know unless LE/MSM/court records show it.
View attachment 267448
I wonder why she was appointed a guardian so soon, was the mother using drugs during the pregnancy? And were the other kids under a guardianship too? Poor kids.

Man held in Smyrna child’s 2019 death released on bond

Brandon Haas, 38, held for questioning in connection to his stepdaughter’s death last year, posted bond Friday morning and awaits a preliminary hearing in January, according to an online inmate database.

Vinelink Delaware showed that Mr. Haas was released from Delaware Department of Correction custody at 1:55 a.m. after bond was posted. The website lists a Jan. 22 preliminary hearing in the Kent County Court of Common Pleas.

Details on Mr. Haas’s arraignment and charges were not available Friday night. A clerk at Justice of the Peace Court 7 in Dover said a judge there said the records were sealed.
---
Indiana court records show that Emma’s mother is Kristie L. Cole.

Those records also show that paternity for Emma was established in 2016 and a guardian was appointed for a period of time from September 2016 to September 2017.

Kristie Cole filed a notice in August 2017 to relocate that was unopposed.

Man held in Smyrna child’s 2019 death released on bond - Delaware State News

I am so glad that beautiful little Emma got her name back! Now we just need justice for her, even if it is for not reporting a death. No child deserves that kind of treatment. She was a beautiful little child & she is probably a very beautiful angel now. Kudos to the investigators & others that worked so diligently to give this little sweetie her name back. God Bless!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back